Hip Girl Boutique Free Tutorials ----------------------- Hip Girl Boutique Free Tutorials ----------------------- Hip Girl Boutique Free Tutorials
How To Make A Full Mini Korker Hair Bow How To Make A Double Ruffle Ribbon 'Korker' Hair Bow Korkers Korkers--Testing Different Sizes How To Make Surrounding Loops The Easy Way How To Make 2-Layer Interchangeable Hair Bows With Spike--Part I Double Ruffle Ribbon Scrap Hair Flowers II--Free How To Bottle Caps--Q & A Free Instructions--How To Edit Bottle Cap Images How to Make Watermelon Hair Bow Clips Picture Perfect Tutorial

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 11-27-2010, 06:58

Default Re: Raggie Bows

I have tons of fabric and don't know what to do with it all. These bows are adorable. Does anyone know where I can get a tut for it. I would appreciate it.

D
Sponsored Links
300-700-forum-banners
wholesale rompers, dresses, bloomers, hat, headbands, leg warmers, flower layers, tulle, boutique clothing and other craft supplies
Old 11-27-2010, 08:25

I've always wanted to make them for my 2 dd. I just don't know how. Yours look great. Super cute

If we've done business please leave feedback!!
Thank you!

Mommy to 5 precious babies.
Old 11-27-2010, 08:39

I purchased the tut for these when they first came around and they are super cute but also a little big for my crowd here. I ended up having to make them a little smaller for them to sell and most people buy them as piggy sets from me. I make them really small and sew onto a pony o' or french clip. Hope thats helpful!
Old 11-27-2010, 08:41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxine View Post
s, those are adorable! (and so it the little cutie wearing them!) If you don't mind me asking, how many strips do you use for each one?

I'm thinking, maybe 20 or so? Is that about right?
Thanks Maxine, she;s definitely a character. I use 15 in each one and these ones measured about 2.5" finished
Old 11-27-2010, 11:43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scraporilla View Post
I have tons of fabric and don't know what to do with it all. These bows are adorable. Does anyone know where I can get a tut for it. I would appreciate it.

D
You can get a raggie bow tut here ~ HTH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejbryant View Post
I've always wanted to make them for my 2 dd. I just don't know how. Yours look great. Super cute
Thanks so much ej! You're very kind

Have you bought the tut?

Also, have you ever tried your own version of a rag strip bow? Like the kind where you just tie the strips on a pony-o?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachie2531 View Post
I purchased the tut for these when they first came around and they are super cute but also a little big for my crowd here. I ended up having to make them a little smaller for them to sell and most people buy them as piggy sets from me. I make them really small and sew onto a pony o' or french clip. Hope thats helpful!
I do put mine on a French barrette. It would never stay in her hair otherwise lol Glad that the little ones sell for you

Quote:
Originally Posted by s_hernandez402 View Post
Thanks Maxine, she;s definitely a character. I use 15 in each one and these ones measured about 2.5" finished
Thanks s! I'm going to play around with them a little bit and see what I come up with

(and it's great that she's a character ~ I love children with spirit!)
Old 11-27-2010, 11:55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scraporilla View Post

D
I use the spikey bow tut from punkynmunky. I like mine sewn cuz my DD is a master of destroying bows that aren't sewn!! I also have the Goosie Girl tut too. Very well written! I haven't used the tut yet to try to make one.

I use 3.5 inch strips for piggies and 4.5 inch strips for single big ones. Keep in mind, mine are sewn and not knotted so I don't need strips that are too long.

Last edited by Pirate_Smiles; 11-27-2010 at 11:57.
Old 11-27-2010, 11:58

no i havent bought a tut tut for it - which tut tut do you have? what is a rag strip bow? - i havent heard of that one

Thanks so much ej! You're very kind

Have you bought the tut?

Also, have you ever tried your own version of a rag strip bow? Like the kind where you just tie the strips on a pony-o?

Thank you!

Old 11-28-2010, 12:14

Quote:
Originally Posted by TraseeAnn View Post
I use the spikey bow tut from punkynmunky. I like mine sewn cuz my DD is a master of destroying bows that aren't sewn!! I also have the Goosie Girl tut too. Very well written! I haven't used the tut yet to try to make one.

I use 3.5 inch strips for piggies and 4.5 inch strips for single big ones. Keep in mind, mine are sewn and not knotted so I don't need strips that are too long.
If you don't mind me asking, how do you sew the strips on a pony-o? Do you do something similar to this?

Quote:
no i havent bought a tut tut for it - which tut tut do you have? what is a rag strip bow? - i havent heard of that one
Rag strip bow is just a term I use myself If you take a pony-o, you can tie strips of fabric around it. You can use tulle, organza ribbon.. whatever you like.
Old 11-28-2010, 12:16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxine View Post
If you don't mind me asking, how do you sew the strips on a pony-o? Do you do something similar to this?

Rag strip bow is just a term I use myself If you take a pony-o, you can tie strips of fabric around it. You can use tulle, organza ribbon.. whatever you like.
like a pony o but instead of the ribbon use fabric?? i make the ribbon pony o's - great idea

Thank you!

Old 11-28-2010, 12:20

Quote:
like a pony o but instead of the ribbon use fabric?? i make the ribbon pony o's - great idea
Yep! For the hair pieces I make for her ballet class, I just take a pony-o and tie on fabric, tulle, ribbon.. whatever I feel like making that day. Then, I'll add self-sticking rhinestones on the ends.

When you tie the fabric on the pony-o, you don't have to go all the way around. It's actually better if you only do part of it so that you can easily wrap the pony-o around the ponytail