New products--small fold over bow card for craft show
Hipgirl 20pcs 1.75 Inch Hair Clips Barrettes--Boutique No Slip Grip Metal Babies Girls Todders Teens Women Grosgrain Ribbon Lined Single Prong Alligator Clip With Teeth, Assorted Beauty Accessories
HipGirl DIY Bulk Plain Craft Plastic Headbands--Create Individualized and Personalized Girls Women Hair Accessories (30pc 1/2" (11 mm) Inch Ivory Non - Tapered)
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/jewelboxballerina.gif
New products--hip girl clips
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/30mm-webbing-dk-pink.jpg
New products--daisy new colors

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 11-27-2010, 01:47

Default Re: Raggie Bows

Quote:
Originally Posted by s_hernandez402 View Post
Maxine they look great! I have tried to make these following the instructions I bought. I cant ge them to look right so I do a motified version also and they are too cute. I also do mini ones and they are so cute in dd hair. Here is a picture of them.
s, those are adorable! (and so it the little cutie wearing them!) If you don't mind me asking, how many strips do you use for each one?

I'm thinking, maybe 20 or so? Is that about right?
wholesale rompers, dresses, bloomers, hat, headbands, leg warmers, flower layers, tulle, boutique clothing and other craft supplies
Old 11-27-2010, 01:47

Very cute! I heard these take forever! Am I right? That is why I haven't attempted them yet.
Old 11-27-2010, 01:50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxine View Post
Ah, ok.. I see. My bad, I misread your post When you do get around to making one, I'd love to see it ~
I should have been more clear. My 1yr old and my older two wear huge bows all of the time. Every now and then they will wear something small but it is rare...depends on the outfit.
Old 11-27-2010, 01:50

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnielsen82 View Post
Very cute! I heard these take forever! Am I right? That is why I haven't attempted them yet.
I think the bulk of the time is spent cutting the fabric strips. But if you have a wave rotary cutter (I've got one on order), it goes much quicker!

They're very easy to do. You can sit and watch tv I don't actually do mine like the paid tut, but how I did them back in the 80s.
Old 11-27-2010, 01:51

Quote:
Maxine they look great! I have tried to make these following the instructions I bought. I cant ge them to look right so I do a motified version also and they are too cute. I also do mini ones and they are so cute in dd hair. Here is a picture of them.
Those are cute too! I love the model's expression!!! : )
Old 11-27-2010, 01:52

Quote:
ADORABLE!
Old 11-27-2010, 01:52

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie View Post
I should have been more clear. My 1yr old and my older two wear huge bows all of the time. Every now and then they will wear something small but it is rare...depends on the outfit.
Yes, it does depend on the outfit, doesn't it? I usually put gd in big bows for when she goes to class (just toddler type stuff). But when she goes to ballet, I go all out lol I love making fancy ballet type ribbons for her hair.
Old 11-27-2010, 04:28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxine View Post
s, those are adorable! (and so it the little cutie wearing them!) If you don't mind me asking, how many strips do you use for each one?

I'm thinking, maybe 20 or so? Is that about right?

I make a modified Raggie Bow too. I use bewteen 20-25 pieces of fabric (depending on how much tulle I use). I think the tulle helps cut down on the "poofyness" and they don't get as big.

At my last show I made about 10 to sell. (Sold 5) All the moms that bought them were amazed and said they had never seen a bow like that before.
Old 11-27-2010, 05:15

Quote:
Originally Posted by TraseeAnn View Post
I make a modified Raggie Bow too. I use bewteen 20-25 pieces of fabric (depending on how much tulle I use). I think the tulle helps cut down on the "poofyness" and they don't get as big.

At my last show I made about 10 to sell. (Sold 5) All the moms that bought them were amazed and said they had never seen a bow like that before.
That's what I think I'll use.. about 20 pieces or so. I might even make the strips shorter(?.. just kind of thinking out loud).

The "ohwowI'veneverseenthatbefore" type look is what gd gets when she wears the raggie-style bow
Old 11-27-2010, 06:50

Quote:

http://hipgirlclips.com/forums/attac...ez-fam-002-jpg
Oooh. Those are cute. The look on her face is priceless.
Sponsored Links