http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/7-8-50yd-grosgrain-animal-print-combo-103114.jpg
New product--1' circle punch/paper shaper for bottle cap picture
New products--Ribbon wrapped 50mm snap clips
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/120pc-2.5-korker-assorted-.JPG

turtle embellishments--ribbon sculpture

skull rockabilly grosgrain ribbon

braided headband base

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 11-27-2010, 12:18

Default Re: Raggie Bows

Thanks so much for welcoming me! I am new and really don't know how this all works but I will eventually learn. Well it's even better when u make them for family even though that is how we get started by a friend or neighbor asking where u bought them and them ordering from u I loved them I have to learn how to make them first! I actually joined to learn howto make raggie bows and download bottle cap images!
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/jewelboxballerina-300.jpg
Old 11-27-2010, 12:45

Quote:
Originally Posted by masha1999 View Post
I followed the directions for pigtail bows (cut the big ones in half) and they turned out to be a much better size. My preteen hates even that size though. We also tested with a bunch of her friends. They all agreed they were too poofy for their tastes.

Yours look really nice!!
Thanks so much Masha

I think that's what I'm going to try though.. just using half the amount of strips. The large ones are big and poofy (and, as I said, gd does love hers) but I want to see how the smaller ones compare.

Have you always just made yours with fabric or have you added tulle as well? I think I might try adding some.
Old 11-27-2010, 12:48

I like big bows....and I cannot lie! He HE!
Old 11-27-2010, 12:49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Que Cute View Post
Thanks so much for welcoming me! I am new and really don't know how this all works but I will eventually learn. Well it's even better when u make them for family even though that is how we get started by a friend or neighbor asking where u bought them and them ordering from u I loved them I have to learn how to make them first! I actually joined to learn howto make raggie bows and download bottle cap images!
You're very welcome! Raggie bows aren't difficult to make and it allows you to use up so many different pieces of fabric

If you get a chance, be sure to introduce yourself to the board by posting a message here ~ this place is great fun!
Old 11-27-2010, 01:11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxine View Post
I definitely see what you mean about the bows taking over the head on little ones. When I first put it on gd's head, she ran over to the mirror and started admiring it.. so I let her wear it. She loves them! But I am going to try and make a smaller one. If you don't mind sharing, how many strips do you use in your smaller ones?

Way to go Texas! LoL! Ronnie, do you have raggies for your little one? If you do, are they on headbands?
I have been wanting to make these but have not had time to with all of the other projects I have going on.
Old 11-27-2010, 01:12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxine View Post
Here are two of them... what do you all think?
They are big and they are poofy, but pretty. I'm glad your daughter likes them but as she gets older they may be a little too much.

Oddly enough, the smaller the kid the bigger the bow you can get away with.
Old 11-27-2010, 01:14

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie View Post
I have been wanting to make these but have not had time to with all of the other projects I have going on.
Ah, ok.. I see. My bad, I misread your post When you do get around to making one, I'd love to see it ~
Old 11-27-2010, 01:16

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelmac View Post
They are big and they are poofy, but pretty. I'm glad your daughter likes them but as she gets older they may be a little too much.

Oddly enough, the smaller the kid the bigger the bow you can get away with.
I think she likes it because she can "see" it in the mirror. She's only 3, so being able to see it is probably more important than how big it is

Once she starts developing her own fashion sense, she just might decide not to wear any of my bows at all lol
Old 11-27-2010, 01:39

Maxine they look great! I have tried to make these following the instructions I bought. I cant ge them to look right so I do a motified version also and they are too cute. I also do mini ones and they are so cute in dd hair. Here is a picture of them.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg hernandez fam 002.jpg (37.4 KB, 106 views)
Old 11-27-2010, 01:44

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpj58 View Post
I like big bows....and I cannot lie! He HE!
LoL! Baby got back, YEAH she does! lolol

HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.