http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/digital-image-editing%20-%20gallery.jpg
Saddle Stitch Ribbon
new products--1/4' plastic headbands
New colors--3/8' party dot and gymbo dot grosgrain ribbon
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/horse-grosgrain-ribbon-029.jpg
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/apple-grosgrain-ribbon-combo.jpg
New product--3/8' wrapped headband
new clearance items

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 11-24-2010, 11:18

Default Epoxy for bottle caps - need help

HOW OR WHAT DO YOU BUY TO COVER THE IMAGES ON THE TOP OF THE BOTTLE CAPS? I HAVE READ ABOUT YELLOWING, BUBBLES, ETC...

WHAT IS THE EASIEST TO USE? ALSO, HAS ANYONE TRIED THE SELF-STICK EPOXY COVERS SOLD ON EBAY?

ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED. DOING A CRAFT SHOW AT KIDS SCHOOL WHERE I WANT TO PRICE THE NECKLACES UNDER 2.00. SO I NEED "CHEEP" !!!

THANKS FOR YOUR TIME

LINDA
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/jewelboxballerina-300.jpg
Old 11-24-2010, 05:20

Default Re: Epoxy for bottle caps - need help

I just buy the bubbles off of ebay. I did try triple think and modge podge and I really think they looked "cheap". They had bubbles really bad. I'm a perfectionist when it comes to things like that I couldn't get it it to where I liked them.

Search epoxy bubble bottle cap and they are roughly like 60 free shipping 7 dollars. Print and cut your images and just put it together. Quick.
Old 11-24-2010, 05:32

Selling necklaces for under $2 is shorting yourself. Once you figure in all your supplies:
epoxy sticker
bottlecap
jump ring
necklace
the picture itself (printed at home or at the store, it still costs a little bit)
the sticker adhesive to attach it to the cap

You won't be making anything for your time. Just my opinion.
Old 11-24-2010, 05:42

I agree that $2 is too inexpensive.

I have purchased the epoxy stickers off of ebay and had horrible luck with them. They lifted on almost all of my caps. It was VERY disappointing! I have no idea why it didn't work for me, I get my pics printed at Walgreens and even tried printing at home on matte finish photo paper and it still lifted! Maybe it's just me or I got a bad batch.

You should try ET Lite. The caps look awesome with ET Lite and not cheap at all.

HTH
Old 11-28-2010, 07:37

Quote:
Originally Posted by asherlexie View Post
I just buy the bubbles off of ebay. I did try triple think and modge podge and I really think they looked "cheap". They had bubbles really bad. I'm a perfectionist when it comes to things like that I couldn't get it it to where I liked them.

Search epoxy bubble bottle cap and they are roughly like 60 free shipping 7 dollars. Print and cut your images and just put it together. Quick.

THANKS FOR TAKING TIME TO ANSWER. I AM GOING TO TRY THE BUBBLES.
WISH ME LUCK!

LINDA
Old 11-28-2010, 07:44

Quote:
Originally Posted by lredden View Post
I agree that $2 is too inexpensive.

I have purchased the epoxy stickers off of ebay and had horrible luck with them. They lifted on almost all of my caps. It was VERY disappointing! I have no idea why it didn't work for me, I get my pics printed at Walgreens and even tried printing at home on matte finish photo paper and it still lifted! Maybe it's just me or I got a bad batch.

You should try ET Lite. The caps look awesome with ET Lite and not cheap at all.

HTH
Quote:
Originally Posted by prettypiggysboutique View Post
Selling necklaces for under $2 is shorting yourself. Once you figure in all your supplies:
epoxy sticker
bottlecap
jump ring
necklace
the picture itself (printed at home or at the store, it still costs a little bit)
the sticker adhesive to attach it to the cap

You won't be making anything for your time. Just my opinion.

I AM GOING TO TRY THE BUBBLES, WISH ME LUCK! THE REASON I AM SELLING CHEAP IS BECAUSE I DID NOT ORDER THE NECKLACES WITH THE CLASP IN TIME TO RECEIVE THEM FOR THE SHOW. I AM THREADING RIBBON THRU THE JUMP RING AND THEY WILL HAVE TO TIE IT OFF TO FIT THEIR NECK. THE ONLY PLACE TO GET REASONABLE NECK CORDS WAS OVERSEAS AND THEY WON'T BE HERE TILL AFTER XMAS.

ALSO, WHAT IS ET LITE? WHERE WOULD I LOOK FOR THIS TO BUY SOME.
IF YOU HAVE TIME, LET ME KNOW.

THANKS SO MUCH FOR YOUR HELP.
LINDA
Old 11-28-2010, 08:24

I use the epoxy dots from Rubber Nation and they work well for me (so far - just started making them).

I agree with the pp, don't sell yourself short. You'll be sorry. Value your work. Even if your necklaces are without a clasp, you should still be able to make a profit.
Old 11-28-2010, 10:47

Default Re: Epoxy for bottle caps - need he

ET Lite is Envirotex lite. Its a resin, you mix 2 parts and then you place it on your bottlecap to give it that glassy look. I usually put them on top of my refrigerator covered for 2 whole days, by then they are dry and they look very nice. You can buy it at hobby lobby or michaels. I buy mine at hobby lobby, it costs about $11 but you can use a 40% off coupon. For the necklaces I buy mine off etsy, 50 for about $14 and she ships them out super quick (US seller). Also, charge more for your necklaces, if ur uncomfortable because of the clasp charge $4 at least...

Hope any of this helps
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcpackratt View Post
I AM GOING TO TRY THE BUBBLES, WISH ME LUCK! THE REASON I AM SELLING CHEAP IS BECAUSE I DID NOT ORDER THE NECKLACES WITH THE CLASP IN TIME TO RECEIVE THEM FOR THE SHOW. I AM THREADING RIBBON THRU THE JUMP RING AND THEY WILL HAVE TO TIE IT OFF TO FIT THEIR NECK. THE ONLY PLACE TO GET REASONABLE NECK CORDS WAS OVERSEAS AND THEY WON'T BE HERE TILL AFTER XMAS.

ALSO, WHAT IS ET LITE? WHERE WOULD I LOOK FOR THIS TO BUY SOME.
IF YOU HAVE TIME, LET ME KNOW.

THANKS SO MUCH FOR YOUR HELP.
LINDA

Sponsored Links