5/8" polka dot grosgrain ribbon
Hip Girl Boutique It's a girl grosgrain satin ribbon collection
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/200pc-crochet-headband-combo.jpg

hip girl boutique grosgrain mini bow tie single prong alligator hair bow clips for baby infant new born women girl adult

http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/hair-bow-holder-craft-show-display-180.jpg
New products--Crochet headbands

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 11-28-2010, 11:33

Default Re: Flower Barrettes for Cheerleaders

Is the coach open to suggestions about the way they wear their hair? The girls at school like to wear a small braid on one side of their head. If they do this, you could use the small pony and secure the end of the braid around their ear with the flower. Then they could still pull the rest of their hair back in a big pony tail. Hope I didn't confuse you with this.
Sponsored Links
Old 11-28-2010, 03:05

Quote:
Originally Posted by r_leigh13 View Post
Is the coach open to suggestions about the way they wear their hair? The girls at school like to wear a small braid on one side of their head. If they do this, you could use the small pony and secure the end of the braid around their ear with the flower. Then they could still pull the rest of their hair back in a big pony tail. Hope I didn't confuse you with this.
A braid, or some of hair sectioned off would work. I wouldn't feel comfortable making it on anything other than a pony. Should even one of the snaps come loose and fall out they will get a safety deduction. If the coach is willing to take the risk for the snaps then go for it.
Old 12-01-2010, 11:06

ann,
I meant to mention in my PM, our coaches for the JM and PW teams have braided the girls hair, front then "turning" off so it runs up the side then upwards again to the pony, kind of like a letter "J", maybe that coach could try that, with the flower added halfway in, because the weight of the bling and the flower will drag it down, if worn on the side of their head, especially with high-scoring tumbling and basket tosses. So it may cause the flower to "face" down or flop up and down during jumps, cheers, and tumbling. Wow, Is the coach absolutely positive she wants to try this NOW??? This will be a good advertisement for Got2Be glued freezing gel stuff and hair spray!!!!!
Good luck! Just be glad it isn't your girls!!!! LOL
Shelleigh
Old 12-02-2010, 08:15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blkhawkfan View Post
ann,
I meant to mention in my PM, our coaches for the JM and PW teams have braided the girls hair, front then "turning" off so it runs up the side then upwards again to the pony, kind of like a letter "J", maybe that coach could try that, with the flower added halfway in, because the weight of the bling and the flower will drag it down, if worn on the side of their head, especially with high-scoring tumbling and basket tosses. So it may cause the flower to "face" down or flop up and down during jumps, cheers, and tumbling. Wow, Is the coach absolutely positive she wants to try this NOW??? This will be a good advertisement for Got2Be glued freezing gel stuff and hair spray!!!!!
Good luck! Just be glad it isn't your girls!!!! LOL
Shelleigh
I gave her a couple of samples the other night. I will run your suggestion about the braid to her and see. I think it may go along with the flavor of the latin routine as well. Thank you and all the other posters for your input. I think together we have probably nailed this one down!
Sponsored Links