http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/jewelboxballerina-800.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 11-22-2010, 01:37

Default Re: funky bow tutorial!

I understand people buy/find free tuts on certain things. In time they offer tuts of their own, for free or for sale. Taking bits and pieces of their own ideas with other peoples ideas. I am fine with that!

Thank you PLTBowsetc for giving all of us the free tut on the "how to make his style" thread (page 14, post #135, 138 and 139).

This is what I have a problem with:

Post #234 on page 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovetostamp View Post
I made one I made one!!!
SUPER CUTE!!! and thanks for the pictures as I was not understanding the written ones!
Post #252 on page 26
Quote:
Thanks I love it and I love it even more on the baby!
Did you see the post with the pictures?! It helped me out a lot in making it!
Post #266 on page 27
Quote:
I am actually in the works of making a really good paid tutorial now that I have the marabou figured out which I just figured out after that last one I posted! I think it's going to come out good!
Made her first one on 11/8 mentioned how PLTBowsetc's photos helped her. On 11/9 A member asked for help, she asked the member if she saw the photos, that PLTBowsetc provided. 11/15 mentioned making a tut. 11/20 The tut was for sale!

I read where members asked if this was the same tut. She said no. The person that asked bought one, then posted it was the same. That is what I have a problem with. Yes people can do/make as they please, and people have the option to buy, or not buy. We also have the right to inform people. Of course I do not think people should hijack a thread, by trying to sell something cheaper, or post a free tut, but when you have someone that clearly took someone elses idea, and you have proof, that is where I draw the line!
Sponsored Links

Old 11-22-2010, 01:55

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackiSG View Post
I understand people buy/find free tuts on certain things. In time they offer tuts of their own, for free or for sale. Taking bits and pieces of their own ideas with other peoples ideas. I am fine with that!

Thank you PLTBowsetc for giving all of us the free tut on the "how to make his style" thread (page 14, post #135, 138 and 139).

Post #234 on page 24

Post #252 on page 26

Post #266 on page 27

Made her first one on 11/8 mentioned how PLTBowsetc's photos helped her. On 11/9 A member asked for help, she asked the member if she saw the photos, that PLTBowsetc provided. 11/15 mentioned making a tut. 11/20 The tut was for sale!

I read where members asked if this was the same tut. She said no. The person that asked bought one, then posted it was the same. That is what I have a problem with. Yes people can do/make as they please, and people have the option to buy, or not buy. We also have the right to inform people. Of course I do not think people should hijack a thread, by trying to sell something cheaper, or post a free tut, but when you have someone that clearly took someone elses idea, and you have proof, that is where I draw the line!
I was just discussing this privately with another member. The original poster just admitted to getting her info from that thread you all were talking about. I am not sure what to say but imo it is ethically wrong to do that. If anyone was to do a paid for PDf would be the member that gave the most info on creating this particular item. Had the OP on here created her own tut with her own version (not exact) of this item then I don't see a problem but since those that are buying it are saying it is the exact same thing then there really is not much room for defending.

You have the right to do whatever you want but everyone, including the OP, needs to stop and ask themselves is it right to do this? Will I step over anyone's toes? Am I not thinking of others on here? We never really had anyone do this to us in the past. We discussed how to make something and the person telling us how would end up compiling everything and either do it for free or sell it for really cheap ($3 avg). Not someone soaking in answers and coming up with a pdf to sell for $5.

The wrongs on here:

do not post a link to something free when someone is trying to sell (this was an exception of course)

do not copy and create someone else's work and turn around and sell it.

now....I need my drink.
Old 11-22-2010, 01:57

Omg! Life is full of choices and everyone has free will and can choose to either buy her tut or search for the free one!! Lets drop it all ready and give the young lady a little respect and get off her thread she started for her tut for those who are intersted in purchasing it. Ok not everyone is going to agree so lets agree to disagree and move on. Dont sit and thread watch all day..really!!! And no im not sorry for my rant and she shouldnt be either.
Old 11-22-2010, 02:17

deleting my account now so nobody has to deal with me again.
Old 11-22-2010, 02:20

PLEASE DONT DO THAT!! Dont let the opinions of others run you off. Like the post above says, everyone can make up their own minds.

Quote:

Proud Member of the Bow Diamonds!
http://www.facebook.com/#!/BowDiamonds

Wholesale Page
http://www.facebook.com/#!/Serendipi...oriesWholesale
Old 11-22-2010, 02:26

Lovetostamp, Do not let this be the reason you are leaving! I am sure you didn't know what you were doing was wrong. Sorry that things turned out this way. Just know, it will blow over! Everyone just needs to let this thread die.....

Please reconsider staying. I know you don't want to go! This is the best crafters forum!
Old 11-22-2010, 02:32

Quote:
Please don't leave just because someone has a differing opinion.

I have purchased many tuts over the years that are near duplicates of others that I already own....I have purchased instructions for items that have free available just for the ease of a PDF format. I will purchase instructions for the something that might be offered for free if it has better pics, written more clearly and easier to follow. Each member needs to be able to decide what they want to do without being "bullied" Just my two cents.....

Proud Army Wife and Momma to 6 wonderful Kids....

Follow me as I indulge in my crafting and pinterest addictions.....
http://confessionsofapinner.blogspot.com/

Wholesale Felties available here, www.facebook.com/owlalwayslovefelties
Old 11-22-2010, 02:33

Quote:
Lovetostamp, Do not let this be the reason you are leaving! I am sure you didn't know what you were doing was wrong. Sorry that things turned out this way. Just know, it will blow over! Everyone just needs to let this thread die.....

Please reconsider staying. I know you don't want to go! This is the best crafters forum!
I agree with Jacki.

People will always express their opinions, especially women! And just because differences of opinion are posted in one thread, doesn't mean the same people won't come together in another thread. Different topics, different attitudes.

Don't cancel your account because people expressed their feelings regarding a tut. This is a great community and we hope you change your mind and stay
Old 11-22-2010, 02:35

Quote:

Post #234 on page 24

Post #252 on page 26

Post #266 on page 27

I totally agree. I did post my written instructions in that thread, too and I still think it's a shame for someone to learn something here for free and then try to turn around and sell it.
Old 11-22-2010, 02:37

omg let it go!!!!!!pls
Sponsored Links

HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.