new products--pop dot diy pinwheel bows

http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/no-liner-bottle-cap-combo.jpg

http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/7-8-grosgrain-ribbon-soft-ball.jpg
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/7-8-dizzy-bees-ribbon-grosgrain-combo-.JPG
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/ladybug-applique-red-dot.jpg
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/half-wrapped%2050mm-snap-clips.jpg
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/flat-back-pearl-shpk.JPG

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 11-22-2010, 01:14

Default Re: funky bow tutorial!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie View Post
You all be nice!!!
Before you all got here there were tuts that were free and tuts that you paid for. Many of the same projects. We are all here to help each other but at the same time there are people who will go out of their way to make a good tut. It is perfectly okay for them to charge you for it. There is nothing wrong with it. It is YOUR responsibility to SEARCH on here for the free stuff if you chose not to buy any of these tuts. It has always been this way and will always continue to be this way.

You have that CHOICE to buy or not buy. Ragging someone for making a tut to sell is not nice. That was their choice.

I did have a problem with someone posting a link to the other thread as this is a perfect example of hijacking a thread and found it to be disrespectful. To this particular poster: It was not right to that. *on a side note I am working on a thread with paid tuts that I will be listing here pretty soon and your paid for tut will be on there as it is worth buying* I am not mad at you I just thougth the link was uncalled for.

Now....let her sell her tut. If you don't want to buy it, don't. If you want to, then go for it. If you want to wait and see what others have to say about it, then you are smart. That is just the way it goes.

A yr or two ago we were all into the "firecracker bow". Everyone wanted to figure it out. We had a discussion about it (just like this loopy bow). Then someone came up with a paid for tut (just like the OP on here). Nobody complained. We either bought it or we didn't. It really wasn't something to get all worked up about.

Now....play nice and let's drop this.
Ronnie, I think what some of us are having a problem with is that we're unsure as to whether or not this really is *her* tut.

It seems many of us see it as a compilation of information that was given freely by others. Essentially, the tut was already written in the other thread.

To collect that information and charge for it creates an ethical problem. She herself didn't know how to make the bow before learning how in that thread.

Old 11-22-2010, 01:17

Don't buy it if you don't want it. Stop raggin on me for offering it.

Not too long ago I paid 10 dollars for the twisted boutique bow that came with the loops and the spikes and the pinwheel. I knew how to do every single one of them but my twisted was not to perfection yet. I could searched high and low on this forum and the net and I found several free tutorials. I didn't see 1 person complaining she was selling what so many others already offered in a free tutorial. TO ME having the PDF file on my computer that I can just go to and open and not have to search all over for and go through 20 some odd pages of posts is worth the money to me. I don't know about you all but I don't have time for all that. I have 3 small kids and one has some health issues right now so when I need to make a bow I don't have time to go searching.

So with that said yes my tutorial is based on her intructions and I also added how I do marabou puffs. I didn't know that was forsaken to do. I didn't realize that I was breaking some unknown bow makers law by doing so. I just thought maybe there were others out there like me that would rather have a PDF form where they can pull it up at a moments notice and have it there.

sorry for the rant
Old 11-22-2010, 01:18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxine View Post
Ronnie, I think what some of us are having a problem with is that we're unsure as to whether or not this really is *her* tut.

It seems many of us see it as a compilation of information that was given freely by others. Essentially, the tut was already written in the other thread.

To collect that information and charge for it creates an ethical problem. She herself didn't know how to make the bow before learning how in that thread.
The only way to find that out is to buy it. It is from there you all can make that decision but post your decision on another thread. Not hers. Trust me there are threads out there of what tuts not to buy. I will not put that in my new thread of paid instructions. That is something you all will have to figure out as everyone's opinion of a tut is different. Some people are more visual than others. Unfortunately, I too have been the guinea pig to several tuts that weren't worth buying. But you never know unless you actuall buy it or hear from others who have.
Old 11-22-2010, 01:19

Quote:
What is wrong with that is it takes away from the person trying to sell. It is like say one of you all posts your santa polymer clay figure for $5 and then someone comes on your thread and posts one similar for $3. Start a new thread posting that $3 santa instead of hijacking the OP thread.
No, I'm not talking about competing prices. I'm merely talking about paid vs. free.

If a tut/product is to be "for sale only" then we need a designated sub-forum for that purpose. There, people can post what they have for sale and members can freely choose whether to purchase the item or not.

If I see someone selling a tut for x amount of dollars, and I know a free one exists, why shouldn't I be allowed to mention that?
Old 11-22-2010, 01:23

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovetostamp View Post
So with that said yes my tutorial is based on her intructions and I also added how I do marabou puffs. I didn't know that was forsaken to do. I didn't realize that I was breaking some unknown bow makers law by doing so. I just thought maybe there were others out there like me that would rather have a PDF form where they can pull it up at a moments notice and have it there.

sorry for the rant
If you copied someone else's instructions and created a pdf file for "convenience" then you should've considered offering it for free.

Everyone wins.
Old 11-22-2010, 01:26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxine View Post
No, I'm not talking about competing prices. I'm merely talking about paid vs. free.

If a tut/product is to be "for sale only" then we need a designated sub-forum for that purpose. There, people can post what they have for sale and members can freely choose whether to purchase the item or not.

If I see someone selling a tut for x amount of dollars, and I know a free one exists, why shouldn't I be allowed to mention that?

You can post it but on a new thread. That way it doesn't take away from the person trying to sell her tut. Basically you are ruining her chances of making a sale.

I do agree that there should be a forum for all pay for tuts to be placed someone specifically on here. (possibly a new forum?) That would be an excellent idea. But don't go over there and post on their threads telling them where to find the free ones. Let members figure that out themselves or PM them privately.
Old 11-22-2010, 01:29

I think your rant is fine. You have every right to defend yourself and your actions. The bottom line in all this..You really cant copyright how to make a bow. I own more that 10-15 tuts on how to make bows and over half of them the bow is made the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovetostamp View Post
Don't buy it if you don't want it. Stop raggin on me for offering it.

Not too long ago I paid 10 dollars for the twisted boutique bow that came with the loops and the spikes and the pinwheel. I knew how to do every single one of them but my twisted was not to perfection yet. I could searched high and low on this forum and the net and I found several free tutorials. I didn't see 1 person complaining she was selling what so many others already offered in a free tutorial. TO ME having the PDF file on my computer that I can just go to and open and not have to search all over for and go through 20 some odd pages of posts is worth the money to me. I don't know about you all but I don't have time for all that. I have 3 small kids and one has some health issues right now so when I need to make a bow I don't have time to go searching.

sorry for the rant

Proud Member of the Bow Diamonds!
http://www.facebook.com/#!/BowDiamonds

Wholesale Page
http://www.facebook.com/#!/Serendipi...oriesWholesale
Old 11-22-2010, 01:30

Is it too early for me to start drinking? LOL Oh my goodness!!
Old 11-22-2010, 01:31

Im at work or I would join you!!!

Quote:
Is it too early for me to start drinking? LOL Oh my goodness!!

Proud Member of the Bow Diamonds!
http://www.facebook.com/#!/BowDiamonds

Wholesale Page
http://www.facebook.com/#!/Serendipi...oriesWholesale
Old 11-22-2010, 01:34

Quote:
You can post it but on a new thread. That way it doesn't take away from the person trying to sell her tut. Basically you are ruining her chances of making a sale.

I do agree that there should be a forum for all pay for tuts to be placed someone specifically on here. (possibly a new forum?) That would be an excellent idea. But don't go over there and post on their threads telling them where to find the free ones. Let members figure that out themselves or PM them privately.
This particular tut thread is an exception Ronnie.

I guess I could go back over to the original thread (with the free tut already in it) and re-word it. Then, I could create a pdf file and sell it for $3.50.

That wouldn't be right now, would it? Just as selling a tut that was essentially created by someone else isn't either.

That's why people were trying to post links back to the original thread. That's only fair as that is where she got her information from.

Oh well, I couldn't make this bow with a free or paid tut. And that ends that.