new products--lined 30mm snap clips--printed grosgrain ribbon
Offray Dr. Seuss Craft Ribbon: 18 Feet 7/8 Inch Satin Fabric Craft Ribbon For Gift Package Wrapping,Hairbow Clips,Sewing,Wedding,Scrapbook,Boy Girl Baby Shower-(2x3yd Thing One Thing Two New Fish)
New products--paper bow cards
New product--clear shopping bags
New products--7/8' peace sign ribbon
Hipgirl 36 Yards 1/8" Satin Fabric Ribbon Set, Double Face For Gift Package Wrapping, Double Bar Barrette Clip Making, Crafting, Sewing, Wedding Decor, Boy Girl Baby Shower-(18x2yd Boutique Ribbons)
new products--gymbo dot grosgrain mini bows-diy
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/20pc-korker-ribbon-combo.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 11-22-2010, 10:43

Default Re: funky bow tutorial!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SerendipityBoutique View Post
Listen I'm not getting into stupid drama on this forum, that is why I edited my post. So as far as I concerned this discussion is over!
Well I guess you told me! Editing your post to include my name alone is "getting into stupid drama". Your original post named no one and you should have kept it that way to avoid that drama! Good to know you won't be apart of this conversation anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GingerandHoney View Post
Hmmm....Well, I don't think it's right to sell a tut on a bow that so many contributed to making unless the tut contains information totally different from anything already shown here (not one or two points)

This board is supposed to be about sharing, not making money. If there is a free tutorial on this board wouldn't you want to know it existed before paying money for one, especially if it's the same thing? If you tried the free one and you still need more help then, purchase the tutorial (even though I haven't so I don't know if it would help), but I think it should have been stated that in the thread that a free tutorial does exist for it.
I just went back and looked and you were actually the first person to post anything about how to make this. So thank you for that! I also agree with you 100% on your post! I have only been here a short time but it seems like sharing went out the window before I arrived. It's now all about money.
Sponsored Links

Old 11-22-2010, 10:45

Quote:
Originally Posted by GingerandHoney View Post
Hmmm....Well, I don't think it's right to sell a tut on a bow that so many contributed to making unless the tut contains information totally different from anything already shown here (not one or two points)

This board is supposed to be about sharing, not making money. If there is a free tutorial on this board wouldn't you want to know it existed before paying money for one, especially if it's the same thing? If you tried the free one and you still need more help then, purchase the tutorial (even though I haven't so I don't know if it would help), but I think it should have been stated that in the thread that a free tutorial does exist for it.
I agree! There is nothing wrong with paying for a tut, done it plenty of times!! But, if it is on here for free, then I thinkpeople should know about it. I would not want to pay for the same thing that was posted maybe months ago on here for free. Especially something that was discussed in depth by several posters. It doesn't have to be drama, it should just simply be stated.
Old 11-22-2010, 10:48

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvstarz2001 View Post
I just went back and looked and you were actually the first person to post anything about how to make this. So thank you for that! I also agree with you 100% on your post! I have only been here a short time but it seems like sharing went out the window before I arrived. It's now all about money.
Your'e welcome. When everyone is contributing, I don't think it's fair to make money off everyone else's ideas. I got a little peeved and stop looking at the thread when someone else mentioned a paid tutorial. I was like seriously? Can't we ever just help people out without trying to make a buck off of it?
Old 11-22-2010, 10:50

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlhardison1 View Post
I agree! There is nothing wrong with paying for a tut, done it plenty of times!! But, if it is on here for free, then I thinkpeople should know about it. I would not want to pay for the same thing that was posted maybe months ago on here for free. Especially something that was discussed in depth by several posters. It doesn't have to be drama, it should just simply be stated.
Yep, no drama...just simply stated.
Old 11-22-2010, 11:02

Quote:
Originally Posted by SerendipityBoutique View Post
I completely agree. I think there was a lot of confussion(SP?) in this thread as to what this was a tut for. I myself did not read through the whole first thread on this bow, so I did not even know instructions had been posted there. I think a lot of people thought they were trying to compare doodles bowtique loopy bow and this one. They are different bows. I am glad that someone is giving PLTBowsetc's the credit she deserves.
There was no confusion! I was the first one to buy this and as soon as links were posted by numerous other posters asking if it was the same tut as PLTBowsetc posted pictures for, I spoke up and said YES. There was no confusion after my post. The confusion came when Shay asked if this was going to be way different than the other funky bow tut. The OP said it isn't like the "loopy one". That's where the confusion was. Was the OP saying it wasn't like the "funky loopy one" or the "funky bow"??? That's why links were posted. The OP should have said yes, it's exactly the same as the funky bow people were trying to figure out.
Old 11-22-2010, 11:12

At first I tried looking for a free tutorial with no luck. Until I figured it out myself. I'm glad someone posted a tut on this style bow. It's a little different than the way I make it but it's very close. The OP did a great job!Thank you for sharing
Old 11-22-2010, 11:12

This is just my opinion...

but if someone posts a tut for sale, others have every right to post a link to a free tutorial as well. What's fair for one is fair for another.

This community is about sharing ideas, suggestions, photos, etc. Sharing information regarding any type of tut just falls under the heading of common courtesy.
Old 11-22-2010, 11:15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betty105 View Post
At first I tried looking for a free tutorial with no luck. Until I figured it out myself. I'm glad someone posted a free tut on this style bow. It's a little different than the way I make it but it's very close. The OP did a great job!Thank you for sharing
The op didn't post a free tut. If you purchased her paid tut and are saying she did a good job, that's something else.

However, many people believe the information in the paid tut came from free information already posted by others.
Old 11-22-2010, 11:17

I agree with this. I bought the tut right after she released it, before I knew there was a free one. Now here is my question(Just a question) Is it fair for the OP (any OP not just this one) to post the link in the same thread?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxine View Post
This is just my opinion...

but if someone posts a tut for sale, others have every right to post a link to a free tutorial as well. What's fair for one is fair for another.

This community is about sharing ideas, suggestions, photos, etc. Sharing information regarding any type of tut just falls under the heading of common courtesy.

Proud Member of the Bow Diamonds!
http://www.facebook.com/#!/BowDiamonds

Wholesale Page
http://www.facebook.com/#!/Serendipi...oriesWholesale

Last edited by mommaoftwo; 11-22-2010 at 11:19. Reason: adding free instead of paid
Old 11-22-2010, 11:17

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackiSG View Post

JackiSG,
Thank you, but I wish I'd seen your post before skimming that entire thread.

PLTBowsetc,

Thanks for the 12 step tutorial in 3 posts. (Kind of sounds like a musical number).

Sadly, as a newbie, it is a little ambitious for me but I really to take advantage of your creativity and generosity in the not too distant future.

I was really hoping these two threads would at least drive a lot of traffic to your site, but I couldn't find one.

kelmac
Sponsored Links