http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/mini-pinwheel-bow-snap-clips-22pc.jpg
New product--3' everyday (pinwheel) hair bow/hairbow clips

New products--grosgrain ribbon mini bows
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/peony-hair-flower-clips-red-ad.jpg
New product--Silk Geraniums

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 11-21-2010, 09:41

Default Re: funky bow tutorial!

Free tut for this bow http://hipgirlclips.com/forums/how-m...-style-14.html
Sponsored Links
300-700-forum-banners
wholesale rompers, dresses, bloomers, hat, headbands, leg warmers, flower layers, tulle, boutique clothing and other craft supplies
Old 11-21-2010, 11:33

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvstarz2001 View Post
I saw it... I figured since she said it wasn't like the other, it would be different! Guess that's what I get for thinking!

I think she meant it is different than the funky loopy bow tut. That would be true. This isn't a funky loopy bow, this is a new style. But looks to be the same as the bow people were trying to figure out.
Old 11-21-2010, 11:38

There are a load of free tuts and tuts for sale on here of the same items. Hers is no different. It is you choice to make if you want to buy it or not. I have seen free tuts on how to make a twisted bowtique bow and I have seen paid for ones. If you do the search, which we highly recommend to all of you new people, you can figure that our yourself. Being catty on a thread to someone that is offering something is not the way to go about it. Please be nice and show some respect to everyone on here. If you have a problem I think it would be wise to notify the moderator or PM the original poster.
Old 11-21-2010, 11:53

And let me add that there are people out there that will buy 6 or 7 different tuts for one item just to pick up all the tricks and tips and then put it all in one for their own use. It is okay to buy a tut even though there are free ones available.

I am one of those. I have used tips from free tuts and bought ones and then have come up with my own way of making items. Some tuts weren't worth the money and others were. That is just a chance you take.
Old 11-21-2010, 02:06

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie View Post
And let me add that there are people out there that will buy 6 or 7 different tuts for one item just to pick up all the tricks and tips and then put it all in one for their own use. It is okay to buy a tut even though there are free ones available.

I am one of those. I have used tips from free tuts and bought ones and then have come up with my own way of making items. Some tuts weren't worth the money and others were. That is just a chance you take.
This is true. Also works both ways. Some people don't want to buy 6 or 7 of same/similar things and that is why they ask questions to clarify

Sorry OP, I have edited or taken off my posts that would appear to be 'catty' as was referred to. I am not 'catty' but I do have an opinion and questions at times. I guess in this case, they were taken the wrong way.
Old 11-21-2010, 02:22

Quote:
Originally Posted by shay0622 View Post
This is true. Also works both ways. Some people don't want to buy 6 or 7 of same/similar things and that is why they ask questions to clarify

Sorry OP, I have edited or taken off my posts that would appear to be 'catty' as was referred to. I am not 'catty' but I do have an opinion and questions at times. I guess in this case, they were taken the wrong way.

The questions were perfectly fine. You should ask all the questions you need to before you buy. I know I did. I was talking more about the questioning why she would make a pay for tut when there was one already for free and the posters hijacking her thread by posting free tut links. This is her thread and she is trying to sell something. Posting the free tut link was uncalled for and should have been posted on a separate thread.

If people want something for free they need to learn how to search. I am the first to be willing to help anyone out if they need help with something and if I find a site that will help I will post it. I know of many free tuts for what she is trying to sell but I will not come on here and posts links to them because it is not showing respect towards the original postes. This is very similar to someone coming onto to your fan page and posting for everyone to go check out their cheaper stuff on their site and drawing customers away from that business. Be nice and think....if someone did that to you how would you feel?
Old 11-21-2010, 02:43

Quote:
The questions were perfectly fine. You should ask all the questions you need to before you buy. I know I did. I was talking more about the questioning why she would make a pay for tut when there was one already for free and the posters hijacking her thread by posting free tut links. This is her thread and she is trying to sell something. Posting the free tut link was uncalled for and should have been posted on a separate thread.

If people want something for free they need to learn how to search. I am the first to be willing to help anyone out if they need help with something and if I find a site that will help I will post it. I know of many free tuts for what she is trying to sell but I will not come on here and posts links to them because it is not showing respect towards the original postes. This is very similar to someone coming onto to your fan page and posting for everyone to go check out their cheaper stuff on their site and drawing customers away from that business. Be nice and think....if someone did that to you how would you feel?
I understand your point, however this forum is to help people out. Not to take everyone's money. I would understand if she did her research, found the thread where someone figured out how to make it, and then made a tut for it. That way the old thread isn't brought back up to the surface (since it drives people so crazy for whatever reason) and she can sell her tut to the newbies who haven't done their research. I am still quite new, but I have done so much research it's not even funny. I have so many pages bookmarked, tons of tuts I found for free and some that I paid for. The OP specifically said her "funky bow" wasn't like the "funky loop bow". It is the SAME bow. In her tut, there is a picture that shows her making a loop and gluing in the center with the marabou. How is that different than the funky loop bow?? And she posted numerous times in that thread so she really was stepping on the toes of the person who posted the pictures. This is just like that thread with the scarf everyone was trying to figure out. I believe it was JackiSG that figured it out and then someone said they were going to make a tut out of it. How is that fair? JackiSG was giving FREE HELP and the other girl took that free help and made money off of it. This is also no different than the whole ribbon snowflake fiasco! What am I not getting here?? Are we not here to help each other out??
Old 11-21-2010, 02:51

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvstarz2001 View Post
I understand your point, however this forum is to help people out. Not to take everyone's money. I would understand if she did her research, found the thread where someone figured out how to make it, and then made a tut for it. That way the old thread isn't brought back up to the surface (since it drives people so crazy for whatever reason) and she can sell her tut to the newbies who haven't done their research. I am still quite new, but I have done so much research it's not even funny. I have so many pages bookmarked, tons of tuts I found for free and some that I paid for. The OP specifically said her "funky bow" wasn't like the "funky loop bow". It is the SAME bow. In her tut, there is a picture that shows her making a loop and gluing in the center with the marabou. How is that different than the funky loop bow?? And she posted numerous times in that thread so she really was stepping on the toes of the person who posted the pictures. This is just like that thread with the scarf everyone was trying to figure out. I believe it was JackiSG that figured it out and then someone said they were going to make a tut out of it. How is that fair? JackiSG was giving FREE HELP and the other girl took that free help and made money off of it. This is also no different than the whole ribbon snowflake fiasco! What am I not getting here?? Are we not here to help each other out??

Yes, we are to help each other out and like I said I am one to do that to many of you who have asked. However there is nothing wrong with someone writing a tut to sell. Regardless if there is a post on how to do it for free. It is just a preference that everyone has the option to decide on. She has every right to do the tut....if you chose not to want to pay for it that is your choice. But I guarantee you there will be many that want to buy it just because they want to. If you have access to the free tut then that is wonderful for you. But hijaking a thread is wrong. If you tried selling something on here and someone came on your thread and said come look here by posting a link..you can get it for free or cheaper then that is not really a nice thing to do. PM the person looking and direct them that way but don't call it out on her thread.
We are all not going to agree that paying for something is right but so many old timers have sold their tuts on here and none of us have ever had problems with it. You either buy it or you don't. If you are looking for something for free then search for it but do not come down on a poster for selling something. I was new once too and I never complained about having to buy a tut from someone. If I wanted to I did and if i didn't then I didn't. I did not make a big deal out of it.
Old 11-21-2010, 03:45

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrissymerrill View Post
It is, I'm not positive but I think she said in that thread that she was making a tut for it.
Thanks chrissy!

Last edited by Maxine; 11-21-2010 at 03:59.
Old 11-21-2010, 03:59

Quote:

Understood. I cannot and will not tell you how I'd feel because it wasn't done to me nor did I do it to her.

I don't like being misunderstood and I asked what I wanted to know and I made a choice whether to buy or not.

I was not the one that did the posting of free tuts, so I will not speak for them or address you in regards to that part of your comments.

I apologized to her if my questions were in any way offensive to her and that's that.
Sponsored Links

HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.