New products--alligator clips with teeth
Free bottle cap tutorial/instructions--sealing bottle caps
New products--3' star grosgrain ribbon
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/40yd-solid-grosgrain-ribbon-combo.jpg
New products--hip scottie III
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/24pc-inter-daisy-hb-cmb.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 11-22-2010, 02:58

Default Re: funky bow tutorial!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRIMPTIQUE View Post
its directed to whom ever cant let it go and move on! once again thats enough of telling her how wrong she is....this....and that....and blah blah! pls and thank you!
Its obvious who can't let it go.....
Sponsored Links

HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
Old 11-22-2010, 03:00

Quote:
Originally Posted by GingerandHoney View Post
Oh, thank you. We all needed you to come in here regulate our discussions because as adults on a public forum we aren't allowed to voice our opinions on a thread. Glad you reminded us with your kind post.

Now, what was everybody saying?
okay.
Old 11-22-2010, 03:03

wwjd?
Old 11-22-2010, 03:03

Ok, since I'm a tut addict, I purchased the tut.....I'm in the process of going through it now but I do see some differences....for what it's worth.

Proud Army Wife and Momma to 6 wonderful Kids....

Follow me as I indulge in my crafting and pinterest addictions.....
http://confessionsofapinner.blogspot.com/

Wholesale Felties available here, www.facebook.com/owlalwayslovefelties
Old 11-22-2010, 03:08

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRIMPTIQUE View Post
thats what ive been saying! i bought the tut and it is not exactly like the free one. its also her own pics. so its not ok to hijack her thread and talk bad about her! not saying you were but ppl in general
I know someone that bought it, and she said it is the same. OP said she took PLTBowsetc instructions, but added her marabou puff. IMO she should have sold a tut for her marabou puff. If this is ok, we will have LOTS of people doing it.....
Old 11-22-2010, 03:11

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovetostamp View Post
Don't buy it if you don't want it. Stop raggin on me for offering it.

Not too long ago I paid 10 dollars for the twisted boutique bow that came with the loops and the spikes and the pinwheel. I knew how to do every single one of them but my twisted was not to perfection yet. I could searched high and low on this forum and the net and I found several free tutorials. I didn't see 1 person complaining she was selling what so many others already offered in a free tutorial. TO ME having the PDF file on my computer that I can just go to and open and not have to search all over for and go through 20 some odd pages of posts is worth the money to me. I don't know about you all but I don't have time for all that. I have 3 small kids and one has some health issues right now so when I need to make a bow I don't have time to go searching.

So with that said yes my tutorial is based on her intructions and I also added how I do marabou puffs. I didn't know that was forsaken to do. I didn't realize that I was breaking some unknown bow makers law by doing so. I just thought maybe there were others out there like me that would rather have a PDF form where they can pull it up at a moments notice and have it there.

sorry for the rant
In her own words!

*ETA* I am going to follow my own advice, and let this thread die. Not everyone will agree, no matter what anyone says.....so lets all just agree, we need to drop it, please! I am sure everyone has better things to do, something to create, or reading/research. Have a good day, EVERYONE!

Last edited by JackiSG; 11-22-2010 at 03:16.
Old 11-22-2010, 03:14

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackiSG View Post
In her own words!
Exactly.

Maybe the humane thing to do is delete this entire thread. POOF! Then everyone will go on with their lives.

Wiser, but moving forward nonetheless
Old 11-22-2010, 04:00

If you bought the tutorial, and feel there were questionable ethics behind it, then ask for your money back. I think most of this is between the person who published the original tutorial, and those who purchased it.
~Janet~ Bow Hobbyist, retired WAHM.... When we move out of the way and give the Lord room to stand in our lives He will glorify Himself in us ~Isaiah 60:13
Old 11-22-2010, 09:18

Seriously, lovetostamp, don't let this drive you away!! Where theres women, there is drama. And I don't think it got ugly until about page 7. I think some people were just trying to explain that you can't take someone else's ideas and then charge for them. Then I think some people came on here trying to suggest dropping it, yet kept commenting themselves. I read this thread from the start and liked your bow, only I learned how to make it from all the women trying to figure it out together. i think it is fair that someone let others know that this same info was already on here for free. I, as a HG appreciate that kind of info. Kind of like being told when someones destash is a scam or something. Stick around and share some more info and get some free advice while you're here!!! Thats WJWD!!!
Old 11-22-2010, 10:54

i started the other post (and no I am still no good at making them lol) someone even sent me instructions and everything. i do not think that this tut. should of been sold here on this site because of the fact that there is a huge thread with tons of step by step guides on how to make this bow. if she wanted to sale it or even still wants to sale it then go to etsy or ebay and bump up the price a bit, but not here on this forum where everyone is trying to help and especially flat out say that she took the instructions from someone else and added how to do the puff

also anyone (incuding myself) who posted something other than wanting to buy or a review on the tut highjacked this thread.

*I will not tell you your UGLY bow is PRETTY but I will try to help you make it better..............wish someone would of told me my first bows were ugly. I do this out of love not wickedness *
Sponsored Links