Ribbon Slides--for 3/8' Ribbons 10pc 1/4' Birch Wood Dowel Rods For Korkers 20pc Glue Stick For Hair Bows, Hair Clips, Crafts Wood Burning Tool With 4 Tips--For Sealing Ribbon Ends French Barrettes-Silver 40pc Pastel Goody Ouchless No Metal Small Pony'Os-3.5',2MM Thick http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/tulle-tutu-orchid.jpg 6pc 1.75' Satin Rose for Scrapbooking, Hair Clips, Wedding-Combo mini-bow-tie-diy-bows-grosgrain-ribbon
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/my_ads/hip-girl-boutique-llc-twitter-100.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 11-19-2010, 06:09

Default What type of bow is this?

Anyone know what this type of bow is? Or know of a tut for it? It looks so simple to make but I'm afraid i'd get overly confident & mess it up lol...

http://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php...0.105704196437

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
300-700-forum-banners
wholesale rompers, dresses, bloomers, hat, headbands, leg warmers, flower layers, tulle, boutique clothing and other craft supplies
Old 11-19-2010, 07:29

Default Re: What type of bow is this?

Looks like a less intricate version of the flower loop bow. Seems like it's just looped pieces of ribbon stacked together(?)
Old 11-19-2010, 07:38

looks like it would be pretty easy to do, for each layer cut 4 peices of ribbion the same length then glue the ends together to make a circle, then find the middle of the circle and glue or sew down nd then stack them all
Old 11-19-2010, 07:42

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinyt19784 View Post
looks like it would be pretty easy to do, for each layer cut 4 peices of ribbion the same length then glue the ends together to make a circle, then find the middle of the circle and glue or sew down nd then stack them all
Exactly.

8 pieces of looped ribbon stacked on top of one another. (that's my way of saying less intricate version of the flower loop bow lol )
Old 11-19-2010, 08:09

or stack the pieces on a needle and bring them all to the middle on tope of the needle and sew.
Old 11-19-2010, 09:06

Yes, stack them on a large needle one by one, and then just fold the top over and stick to the needle. Very simple!

Deanna
www.birdsongbows.etsy.com
Old 11-19-2010, 09:12

Quote:
Originally Posted by birdsongbows View Post
Yes, stack them on a large needle one by one, and then just fold the top over and stick to the needle. Very simple!

Deanna
www.birdsongbows.etsy.com
Deanna, are you talking about creating the loop as you go by piercing it with the needle and folding the ribbon over?

I would think making the loops first would work better for uniformity, no?
Old 11-19-2010, 01:26

Ok, I made this bow this morning by looking at how the sample one was constructed. I used satin for one of the layers and have to say, 'eh... don't think I'd use it again.

The bow turned out fine, but I don't like the style. I mean, it's ok.. but it reminds me more of a bow you'd put on a present.
Also, I used the ribbon I had on hand. The bow would probably be better with wider ribbon.

Excuse her tousled hair, she was running around playing and I stopped her to put the bow in.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Pics 031v.jpg (126.0 KB, 52 views)
Old 11-19-2010, 03:52

thanks so much ladies! thats the same I was thinking making each loop then putting it together but i'd probably save more time if I stacked on a needle.. maybe i'll try both ways.. It does look really simple just didnt even know what it was called. I got a customer request to make this style bow & told her that I would give it a try..thanks so much for your help now that I think it was clear as Dallas to me! lol

Maxine yours came out cute!!
Old 11-19-2010, 04:28

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdriannasMommy View Post
thanks so much ladies! thats the same I was thinking making each loop then putting it together but i'd probably save more time if I stacked on a needle.. maybe i'll try both ways.. It does look really simple just didnt even know what it was called. I got a customer request to make this style bow & told her that I would give it a try..thanks so much for your help now that I think it was clear as Dallas to me! lol

Maxine yours came out cute!!
Thanks hon It actually looks much better in person than in the pic. My camera hasn't worked @ 100% since I dropped it on the Boardwalk at Disney

HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.