new products--lined 30mm snap clips--printed grosgrain ribbon
Offray Dr. Seuss Craft Ribbon: 18 Feet 7/8 Inch Satin Fabric Craft Ribbon For Gift Package Wrapping,Hairbow Clips,Sewing,Wedding,Scrapbook,Boy Girl Baby Shower-(2x3yd Thing One Thing Two New Fish)
New products--paper bow cards
New product--clear shopping bags
New products--7/8' peace sign ribbon
Hipgirl 36 Yards 1/8" Satin Fabric Ribbon Set, Double Face For Gift Package Wrapping, Double Bar Barrette Clip Making, Crafting, Sewing, Wedding Decor, Boy Girl Baby Shower-(18x2yd Boutique Ribbons)
new products--gymbo dot grosgrain mini bows-diy
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/20pc-korker-ribbon-combo.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 04-19-2008, 01:14

Default Re: Tulle Pom Wands

I suppose you could cut your tulle to around six inches wide, since that is the width of my spool-tulle. As far as securing it as you cut, don't worry, you almost have to force the ring off when you are ready! I did stick a few clips in mine as I was cutting, just to keep it out of the way.
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/large/portrait-editing-ads-700.jpg
Old 04-20-2008, 12:39

made a few last night - will post pics when I have them on the dowels - amI wrong in thinking that the looser you wrap the easier it is to cut and it also makes the poms a little bigger too?
Old 04-20-2008, 04:22

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebd1550 View Post
made a few last night - will post pics when I have them on the dowels - amI wrong in thinking that the looser you wrap the easier it is to cut and it also makes the poms a little bigger too?
It did make mine bigger/fluffier when I wrapped it more losely. I'm glad Lorraine figured out the more dense look like the whimsy wands b/c that was the look I wanted to know how to do: but I can see wanting both looks for different projects.

I can't wait to see pictures!

Something else I noticed (just to throw a kink in what we've already done) is that Wendy's dowels seem to be put through the OTHER center--not the "birthing canal" like we're doing now.

See this picture:******Removing picture. I don't have permission to post so I want to take it down just in case the owner doesn't want it up (I've not been contacted).******

See how the tighter, more gathered tulle is on the sides? The dowel is inserted perpendicularly to what we're doing. This seems to be the case on all of hers. How is that possible unless she's just gluing them on the top and not putting the dowel through the entire pom. That wouldn't seem to be as sturdy. Hmmmm. It's a mystery (to me at least).

Last edited by LoveToCraft; 05-27-2008 at 05:06.
Old 04-21-2008, 07:24

A huge thankyou from down under for the instructions on the 'fairy dusters' they worked out exactly per the instructions! My DH wondered what the heck I was making, but when I finished and placed a dowel to show him, he agreed they were very cute! The only problem I have is gaining access to the tulle - I have to order from the US as it is $13 a roll here and not alot of choices in colour, whereas when I order from ebay works out at around $7-8 a roll. Still not cheap, but better than buying in Oz!

THanks again Lorraine, very excited!

Eda D.C
Australia
Old 04-21-2008, 09:41

I wonder if she's drilling a hole in the dowel and tying them on?

Last edited by ebd1550; 04-21-2008 at 09:45.
Old 09-17-2008, 03:14

Quote:
Originally Posted by mygrammy View Post
I also thought those were adorable and tried making some. The first ones, I just cut numerous squares of tulle, found the center, gathered tightly with thread and tied. (Much as you would with a pom-pom) After separating the layers to create the fullness, I trimmed the ’corners’ to make the ball shape. The next one I made, I cut the tulle into circles, stitched through the center area several times, then cut thru all layers to about one-half inch of the center. Then I separated, turned and twisted. I really prefer cutting into circles to start.

For attaching it to the dowel, I first sewed a tight ‘sleeve’ of scrap fabric, and slipped the dowel into that. I hand stitched the top and bottom openings. Since I am a big fan of E6000, I applied that to the top end and down the dowel about a half inch to an inch. I separated the tulle in one area to stick the glued dowel into the center of the ball. Then, wrapped some of the tulle to the glued area, tied it in place with thread, added decorative ribbon streamers and fluffed the tulle back into ball shape.

I was uncertain if this would hold the dowel in place, but my granddaughter has played with hers non-stop and it is holding up fine. I will see if she will let me ‘borrow’ it back long enough to take pics. The others I already gave away.

They were fun and easy to make. Mine was fuller that the one shown here, but not as full as the ones at whimsywendy.
I am lost! Help someone! I am trying to make these as favors my my daughter's ballet birthday party and I'm stuck.

I took a bunch of tulle circles and stacked them. I tried to follow the instrcutions above, but I'm having a hard time after I sew them and cut the slit through the layers. I can't figure out what to do next. After I try and separate the circles in half and pull them away from each other, I try to twist them, but I can't obviously get them to stay that way. They untwist! I also want to attach the dowel, but haven't figured out how to do it right.

I already sewed 10 of these sets together. Can anyone give me some advice on how to finish it!!!???!!!

www.ohhowsweetbowtique.com
Old 09-17-2008, 04:08

Sorry-- I can't help you with that method. I make mine using hte make your own pom poms link on the second page of this thread.
Old 09-17-2008, 04:15

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrisMommy View Post
Sorry-- I can't help you with that method. I make mine using hte make your own pom poms link on the second page of this thread.
I thought of using that method as I can tell it's easier, but I have so many tulle circles on hand, that I wanted to use those. I can't go out and buy new tulle on the spools, if I have these to use, you know? So, I guess I will see what I can do, unless someone else pops in and has suugestions for me with this method!

www.ohhowsweetbowtique.com
Old 03-07-2009, 05:50

Here is a tutorial that I found. Hope this helps.
Baby Boutique Handmade Pretties for your Princess: Tutu Pom Pom Ball Wands Tutorial
Sponsored Links