new products--lined 30mm snap clips--printed grosgrain ribbon
Offray Dr. Seuss Craft Ribbon: 18 Feet 7/8 Inch Satin Fabric Craft Ribbon For Gift Package Wrapping,Hairbow Clips,Sewing,Wedding,Scrapbook,Boy Girl Baby Shower-(2x3yd Thing One Thing Two New Fish)
New products--paper bow cards
New product--clear shopping bags
New products--7/8' peace sign ribbon
Hipgirl 36 Yards 1/8" Satin Fabric Ribbon Set, Double Face For Gift Package Wrapping, Double Bar Barrette Clip Making, Crafting, Sewing, Wedding Decor, Boy Girl Baby Shower-(18x2yd Boutique Ribbons)
new products--gymbo dot grosgrain mini bows-diy
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/20pc-korker-ribbon-combo.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 12-06-2010, 10:48

Default Re: Cheer Bows Overload II ***Picture heavy!***

Well done!
Sponsored Links

Old 12-06-2010, 11:09

Is there a really good tut on cheer bows. I think I might would like to try my hand at them. I've only done the boutique and stacked bows. I have no clue where to start with cheer. The bonding and sequin ribbon makes me feel like a tut would help.
Old 12-06-2010, 11:24

all the cheer bows are beautiful
Old 12-07-2010, 07:57

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpeasbowtique View Post
Is there a really good tut on cheer bows. I think I might would like to try my hand at them. I've only done the boutique and stacked bows. I have no clue where to start with cheer. The bonding and sequin ribbon makes me feel like a tut would help.
NoBowNoGo has the best tut around for cheer bows and a bargain at $5.00. There are also some free ones and lots of good info right within the forum.
Old 12-07-2010, 12:47

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmcks2001 View Post
NoBowNoGo has the best tut around for cheer bows and a bargain at $5.00. There are also some free ones and lots of good info right within the forum.
Thanks so much!!! I will do that!!
Old 12-08-2010, 12:08

Mindy,
I just recently saw a post on "how to make..." that had a free cheer bow tut...but I don't remember what it was called....all I remember was that it had a navy polka dot ribbon and a hot pink layer on top.
Anyone else remember?
I'll look for it now...
Shelleigh

Found it!!
try here:
http://www.totallythebomb.com/rockin-cheer-bow

You may want to purchase the NBNG instructions anyway, they are more help when it comes to making bows that are not quite so big and bling-y, just my $.02

Last edited by Blkhawkfan; 12-08-2010 at 12:14. Reason: adding website
Old 12-08-2010, 08:32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blkhawkfan View Post
Mindy,
I just recently saw a post on "how to make..." that had a free cheer bow tut...but I don't remember what it was called....all I remember was that it had a navy polka dot ribbon and a hot pink layer on top.
Anyone else remember?
I'll look for it now...
Shelleigh

Found it!!
try here:
http://www.totallythebomb.com/rockin-cheer-bow

You may want to purchase the NBNG instructions anyway, they are more help when it comes to making bows that are not quite so big and bling-y, just my $.02
I absolutely loved that blog! The instructions were informative and witty. It sure looked like a lot of work to create that bow and I would have to charge dearly for something that intricate, but all I could say was WOW!!!! The bow was awesome!
Old 12-08-2010, 07:04

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmcks2001 View Post
I absolutely loved that blog! The isnstructions were informative and witty. It sure looked like a lot of work to create that bow and I would have to charge dearly for something that intricate, but all I could say was WOW!!!! The bow was awesome!
How 'bout that, Ann!! I thought that bow was so cute, and would have NEVER thought to make it that way! I love learning new methods, after I read her blog, I was already looking around to find that pink polka dot ribbon in another shade...addict that I am! LOL

I can only try so hard before the pull of HG forum, ribbon and shiny fabrics breaks me!

PS: bowmakers; I watched today's Nationals competition all day, and there was a lot of those big, beautiful 3" bows out there!! Hopefully, some of yours were on stage at Disney!!! Only a few small, ribbon-tied-in-the-pony teams, and only one bow-put-in-the-hair-wrong-so-it-can't-be-seen-properly team that I saw. wooot wooot
Old 12-09-2010, 07:55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blkhawkfan View Post
How 'bout that, Ann!! I thought that bow was so cute, and would have NEVER thought to make it that way! I love learning new methods, after I read her blog, I was already looking around to find that pink polka dot ribbon in another shade...addict that I am! LOL

I can only try so hard before the pull of HG forum, ribbon and shiny fabrics breaks me!

PS: bowmakers; I watched today's Nationals competition all day, and there was a lot of those big, beautiful 3" bows out there!! Hopefully, some of yours were on stage at Disney!!! Only a few small, ribbon-tied-in-the-pony teams, and only one bow-put-in-the-hair-wrong-so-it-can't-be-seen-properly team that I saw. wooot wooot
Sadly, not one of my bows has ever made it to Nationals. We compete in the Eastern Region and have to beat out the Jersey Shore teams to advance. I am not sure how they do it year after year, but they always have awesome teams on the mat.

Sometimes those ribbon tied in the pony teams are so good, you don't notice the bows. They work very hard to get there and their effort shows. Now we just need to teach them to "put the star on the tree". Hahahahaha!!!
Old 01-01-2011, 02:15

Sorry, Kind of picture heavy. Made these last night to go up on the website!

Sponsored Links

Tags
cheer bows