Ribbon Slides--for 3/8' Ribbons 10pc 1/4' Birch Wood Dowel Rods For Korkers 20pc Glue Stick For Hair Bows, Hair Clips, Crafts Wood Burning Tool With 4 Tips--For Sealing Ribbon Ends French Barrettes-Silver 40pc Pastel Goody Ouchless No Metal Small Pony'Os-3.5',2MM Thick http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/tulle-tutu-orchid.jpg 6pc 1.75' Satin Rose for Scrapbooking, Hair Clips, Wedding-Combo mini-bow-tie-diy-bows-grosgrain-ribbon
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/my_ads/hip-girl-boutique-llc-twitter-100.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 11-15-2010, 11:26

Default Need HELP-Specail Shirt turned into brooch

I have been asked to make 6-8 brooches to wear for a funeral; using one of her dads plaids shirt. She and her brothers/sisters are all wearing plaid of some sort-brothers will be wearing plaid shirts and the sisters would like to wear something with plaid-this is where the brooch comes into play....
I thought it would be easy enough to make a "singe" like flower but the material is so delicate that I dont think it will A) stand up nice and B) I really dont want to screw this one up...any thoughts are sure welcome. Oh, and I have to have these done by Wed....
Sponsored Links

Old 11-15-2010, 11:29

Default Re: Need HELP-Specail Shirt turned into brooch

i have never ever done anything like this so i am going out on a limb here....the first thing that came to my mind was rolled roses.
Old 11-15-2010, 11:50

Or the little "puffy" flowers. Like these. You could do the one like the second flower, as is; OR you could maybe use a stabilizer of some sort and make the first one. HTH!!! Good luck! MK
Old 11-16-2010, 12:27

How about an nice full rolled rose and if you cut the strips wide and fold it in half it won't lay too flat.

Like these...
I made these out of ribbon but if you cut strips of the fabric about 4" wide it will give you the same full look..HTH
Old 11-16-2010, 12:32

Thank you ladies very much, I just may not go to bed tonight because of this little project
@Carlee-Ann1622: That is the first thing I actually thougth too-Rolled Roses, but she didnt think that was manley enought...I may just do a couple as example-and hope I don't screw those up-not my speciality
@mkmedeal: I may try this-but same thing, not sure if they will be manly enough-if that makes sense. We will see how my sewing skills are....
Old 11-16-2010, 12:38

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckinsno View Post
Thank you ladies very much, I just may not go to bed tonight because of this little project
@Carlee-Ann1622: That is the first thing I actually thougth too-Rolled Roses, but she didnt think that was manley enought...I may just do a couple as example-and hope I don't screw those up-not my speciality
@mkmedeal: I may try this-but same thing, not sure if they will be manly enough-if that makes sense. We will see how my sewing skills are....
Good luck and I would love to see it when you are done!
Old 11-16-2010, 12:44

Okay, my eye saw "try singed flower" and my mind got caught on flower. What do you normally make? Do you have any of the black feathers, or even tulle? You could cover (tightly wrap) some large buttons, maybe different shapes and sizes, but not little. Make a collage of them on a coordinating felt pad. Then (and I really think only those smooth are they nagorie? feathers) add a LITTLE something to dress it up a little. Then add a pin back.
Old 11-16-2010, 12:46

These are really pretty-did you have to sew these? thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by daisyrose305 View Post
How about an nice full rolled rose and if you cut the strips wide and fold it in half it won't lay too flat.

Like these...
I made these out of ribbon but if you cut strips of the fabric about 4" wide it will give you the same full look..HTH
Old 11-16-2010, 12:51

What about frayed flowers on pin backs? They are very simple to make. By the way, I think their idea of wearing something special of their father's is really special!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Frayed flowers 003.jpg (45.9 KB, 23 views)
Old 11-16-2010, 12:57

I can make just about anything, I just wasnt sure how the fabric would hold up and if it would even look nice if I tried doing a singed flower. This shirt is so worn-you can almost see thru it
I have everything that you could think of-I live in a super small town so when i make it to any type of craft store or order online-its usually BIG
AND, I didnt even think of some covered buttons..that just may be what I was trying to think of but couldnt!!!! LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkmedeal View Post
Okay, my eye saw "try singed flower" and my mind got caught on flower. What do you normally make? Do you have any of the black feathers, or even tulle? You could cover (tightly wrap) some large buttons, maybe different shapes and sizes, but not little. Make a collage of them on a coordinating felt pad. Then (and I really think only those smooth are they nagorie? feathers) add a LITTLE something to dress it up a little. Then add a pin back.
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/large/portrait-editing-ads-700.jpg