Hipgirl 40 Yards 3/8" Grosgrain Fabric Ribbon Set For Gift Package Wrapping, Hair Bow Clips & Accessories Making, Crafting, Sewing, Wedding Decor, Boy Girl Baby Shower-(20x2yd Solid Boutique Ribbons)
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/5-8-satin-autism-pinwheel-bow.jpg
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/glitter-ribbon-250.jpg
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/kanzashi-flower-butterfly-forum-ads.JPG
New product--1.8mm bottle cap hole punch

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 11-11-2010, 08:58

Default Re: I want to make a Tutorial.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbeer View Post
Type your tutorial up in MS Word and then go here to use this free PDF converter. Converts your Word file to PDF!

[IMG]file:///C:/Users/Mary/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot-18.png[/IMG]

Excellent info....thanks for sharing!!!
Sponsored Links

Old 11-11-2010, 08:59

Quote:
Originally Posted by prettypiggysboutique View Post
HA HA HA HA!! Really.... you are going to tell her to make sure she uses spell check and then spell stuff wrong!!! Too funny!!!

She did that on purpose to prove a point. That is how I viewed it.
Old 11-11-2010, 08:59

Oh good grief you ladies are making way too much out of it! I just thought it was funny! At first I thought it was a joke I didn't mean anything rude by it! Sorta like do as I say not as I do!
Old 11-11-2010, 09:11

Type in Word document first, make it look professional, make sure you use plenty of pictures, even get them edited, and make it easy enough to understand. Converting to PDF is easy, just find a PDF converter, my Word program already does it. That's basically how I do mine, I even have a template already set so all my tut look the same.
Old 11-11-2010, 09:21

no helping but marking
Old 11-11-2010, 09:41

Quote:
Originally Posted by prettypiggysboutique View Post
Oh good grief you ladies are making way too much out of it! I just thought it was funny! At first I thought it was a joke I didn't mean anything rude by it! Sorta like do as I say not as I do!

It came off as a bit rude. She was simply offering a suggestion to the original poster (a good one at that) about checking for grammar and punctuation. It helps tremendously with the level of professionalism when you're selling things. As for a post on an open forum, correct grammar is usually the last thing on someone's mind. We aren't charging people to read these posts, so I don't see how it matters if they are 100% correct.

Sometimes typing something makes it hard to ensure that the proper tone is conveyed. Next time perhaps you should reread your post to make sure that a joking tone was presented.

Want to know what all the fuss is about? Join Bownanas on facebook. 1,300 members and growing!

I'll let you sleep with my husband before I give you my supplier information, so don't ask.
Old 11-12-2010, 08:03

You ladies are funnyNot to worry I took no offense in fact I was laughing my butt off. Yeah it drives me crazy to see grammar errors but I'm not perfect either. Thank you all for the great tips! I'll be so happy when I get this tut finished.
Old 11-12-2010, 08:46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betty105 View Post
You ladies are funnyNot to worry I took no offense in fact I was laughing my butt off. Yeah it drives me crazy to see grammar errors but I'm not perfect either. Thank you all for the great tips! I'll be so happy when I get this tut finished.
On the boards you've talked about making a few tuts. Which one did you decide on?
Old 11-12-2010, 08:49

Quote:
Originally Posted by blessedwith3 View Post
Type in Word document first, make it look professional, make sure you use plenty of pictures, even get them edited, and make it easy enough to understand. Converting to PDF is easy, just find a PDF converter, my Word program already does it. That's basically how I do mine, I even have a template already set so all my tut look the same.
I think using a template so that all your tuts look the same is a great idea. It becomes something your customers can visually identify you with
Old 11-12-2010, 09:55

When you're following a tutorial, is there a particular format that you prefer? In other words... what's the easiest arrangement of photos and directions to follow along with?

Just photos and directions, one right after the other?

Some kind of slide show?

???
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/large/portrait-editing-ads-700.jpg