http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/mini-pinwheel-bow-snap-clips-22pc.jpg
New product--3' everyday (pinwheel) hair bow/hairbow clips

New products--grosgrain ribbon mini bows
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/peony-hair-flower-clips-red-ad.jpg
New product--Silk Geraniums

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 11-11-2010, 03:14

Default Re: Saw this on another thread

Very nice! I do agree with the previous poster who mentioned spreading out the loops just a little more to show off the shape of the bow.

Proud Army Wife and Momma to 6 wonderful Kids....

Follow me as I indulge in my crafting and pinterest addictions.....
http://confessionsofapinner.blogspot.com/

Wholesale Felties available here, www.facebook.com/owlalwayslovefelties
Sponsored Links
Old 11-11-2010, 03:59

You will need: Black 3/8 ribbon

1 - 4 1/2"
1 - 3 3/4"
1 - 3"
2 - 2 1/2"
2 - 2"

1/4" Satin Pink Ribbon
1 - 2 1/2"
1 - 1"

Take the 3" piece and glue it into a circle by using a tiny amount of glue on one end of the ribbon. Attach the other end to it and allow to dry. Do the same with the 3 3/4" and 4 1/2" pieces.

Then attach all three pieces to each other, by placing the smaller pieces inside the larger pieces. Only glue the tops of the circles, not the whole thing. That makes Minnie's head.

Then you will need to make circles out of the 2 1/2" and 2" pieces. Take one small circle and glue it to the inside of a larger circle. Once again. Only glue the tops of the circles, not the whole thing. Once you have these glued together you can begin assembly. At the top of the head to the left of center glue one ear on using a tiny amount of glue. Do the same to the other ear on the other side of the head.

After you have assembled the ears to the head, take your 2 1/2" pink ribbon and glue the ends together to make a circle. (I do not glue the insides together. For me it's easier to readjust the bow as needed.) After making a circle with the 2 1/2" pink attach the 1" pink to the seam of the pink circle. Squeeze the bow together between your fingers and wrap the 1" around until it meets the otherside. Glue together.

Now your ready for assembly! Place the bow at a slanted angle on Minnie where her ears meet her head and your done!!! You can either put Minnie on a bow or on a lined alligator clip.

If you would like to see pictures of each step I would be more than welcome to email them to you. (Not sure how to add them here. ) I hope you enjoy!
Old 11-11-2010, 07:12

Thank you so much for sharing
Old 11-11-2010, 07:14

I really like it a lot!! Wish I could create nice bows.
Old 11-12-2010, 02:39

O you really didnt have to explain it!!! I'm so glad you did!!! After I saw this last night I kept trying to make the smallest bows ever and they didn't turn out so well I made one I ended up kinda liking and putting on my small feather pad I made on an alligator clip it's different but hey different is becoming the new thing lol. I'll have to put a pic up when I'm not on my phone I'm not sure how to upload them from the iphone's to here...Again thank you for the instructions!!!
Old 11-12-2010, 02:31

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurey08 View Post
O you really didnt have to explain it!!! I'm so glad you did!!! After I saw this last night I kept trying to make the smallest bows ever and they didn't turn out so well I made one I ended up kinda liking and putting on my small feather pad I made on an alligator clip it's different but hey different is becoming the new thing lol. I'll have to put a pic up when I'm not on my phone I'm not sure how to upload them from the iphone's to here...Again thank you for the instructions!!!

I have been looking for Monkey and Frog clips for a while now and haven't come across anything. Your welcome for the instructions. I'm loving making bows but I am REALLY loving the character clips!!
Old 11-12-2010, 04:01

So cute!!
Old 11-13-2010, 01:29

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandmscreations View Post
I have been looking for Monkey and Frog clips for a while now and haven't come across anything. Your welcome for the instructions. I'm loving making bows but I am REALLY loving the character clips!!
O my gosh me too!!! My mother is in love with them too! I'm 20 and have a 14 month old boy and my mom's youngest is 5 and she has 4 girls so she is all about hair stuff and girly things. I do the hair pretties and my mom makes tons of stuff on her sewing machine lol. Just we live 1500 miles apart lol....She always wants me to send her princess clips and all kinds of things!!!!
Sponsored Links
300-700-forum-banners
wholesale rompers, dresses, bloomers, hat, headbands, leg warmers, flower layers, tulle, boutique clothing and other craft supplies