http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/7-8-50yd-grosgrain-animal-print-combo-103114.jpg
New product--1' circle punch/paper shaper for bottle cap picture
New products--Ribbon wrapped 50mm snap clips
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/120pc-2.5-korker-assorted-.JPG

turtle embellishments--ribbon sculpture

skull rockabilly grosgrain ribbon

braided headband base

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 11-10-2010, 01:11

Default Flower girl question

My 4yr old is going to be a flower girl in my cousins wedding July 2011. Right now her hair is in a shoulder length bob, no bangs. So I was thinking of doing a headband. What kind of flower/bow would you suggest. Singed, rolled, etc. the colors are white and a dark hot pink. I want to make one up to show my cousin to see if she likes. If not I can always let her hair grow out til then. No biggie! Btw keira's dress wil will be simple, white with a pink sash around her waist.

TIA, Lisa
Sponsored Links
Old 11-10-2010, 01:15

Default Re: Flower girl question

Do you know what type of flowers your cousin is going to have? Maybe do the headband in opposite colours to the dress ie: Pink woven headband & White flower
Old 11-10-2010, 01:19

That's a cute idea. I was thinking along the line of a skinny headband. I don't know the flowers I'll ask her
Old 11-10-2010, 01:26

Quote:
Originally Posted by tisaboom View Post
That's a cute idea. I was thinking along the line of a skinny headband. I don't know the flowers I'll ask her
Maybe you could be a REALLY loving cousin and make flowers on clips for the bridesmaids then they will all have matching hair accessories ...no pressure lol
Old 11-10-2010, 07:49

How about a trio of rolled rosettes in hot pink on white FOE? Or even two hot pink with one white in the middle. If you make them in a material similar to that of her dress that would be very elegant. If you have the Snazzydrawers tuts the Starlet LeFleur flower would be very pretty too.
Old 11-10-2010, 09:10

If you have the Snazzydrawers tuts the Starlet LeFleur flower would be very pretty too.[/QUOTE]

I hasn't seen her flowers before, but I looked it up and am I'm love. Will be buying them and seeing if I can do it! Thanks for the suggestion!
Old 11-10-2010, 02:29

have you looked at my chiffon flowers in my signature? I have white and hot pink, you could make a metal headband lined with ribbon or a skinny elastic. I just made one for a flower girl yesterday and she loved it! You can even make a rolled rosette and use one of those and one chiffon flower...
Old 11-10-2010, 02:34

I would use a white 3/8" skinny elastic band with white singed flowers with pink centers.

Last edited by ronnie; 11-10-2010 at 02:37.
Old 11-10-2010, 02:57

What kind of fabric is her dress and sash? It will be nice to have the fabrics match too... To make it look like it came in a set. From the fabric, then you can decide what kind of flower to make...

My Etsy My Facebook
Old 11-10-2010, 03:18

Quote:
Originally Posted by tisaboom View Post
If you have the Snazzydrawers tuts the Starlet LeFleur flower would be very pretty too.
I hasn't seen her flowers before, but I looked it up and am I'm love. Will be buying them and seeing if I can do it! Thanks for the suggestion![/QUOTE]

They are beautiful aren't they? You can purchase her tutorials and get instant downloads now too. I don't remember if they are on the blog or on a different website, but you can get all of the info on her FB page. They aren't hard to make, but it did take me a couple of tries to get the pleated flower to look just the way I wanted. It is worth spending the small amount on the tutorials.

Good luck! Don't forget to post your creation after you're finished!! (Even if it is in 6 months.) We'd love to see what you come up with.
Sponsored Links