printed bottle caps fabric tape http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/categories/rhine-stone-flat-back-title-sm.jpg stripe ribbon mini bows 7/8" saddle stitch grosgrain ribbon crochet headband trim

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 11-09-2010, 11:27

Default Re: I love this bow, but can't figure it out!!

At first sight is a pinwheel Ok... But if there´s something tricky for me: the tails. When you do a pinwheel there is always a tail on top and the other one completely in the back. In this case one of this tails are in the middle. Check it.
Sponsored Links

Old 11-09-2010, 11:31

That is just a pinwheel. Keep in mind not to post pictures if they are not yours, you may post links to the picture, just not the pic itself,
Old 11-09-2010, 11:35

Quote:
Originally Posted by carswayman View Post
That is just a pinwheel. Keep in mind not to post pictures if they are not yours, you may post links to the picture, just not the pic itself,

When did we start doing that? I thought as long as it was watermarked or we mentioned where it came from it was ok?
Old 11-09-2010, 11:37

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatertots View Post
Hi, that's actually my bow! It's just a basic pinwheel done by hand. I used this tut:
http://www.girlythingsbows.com/pinwheel_bow.html

It took me about a good week worth of practice to get it but now it's easy as pie

That was very nice of you to share the tut.
Old 11-10-2010, 12:18

I tried what I said earlier and it looked similar but the tails weren't the same as in that picture. This is how I arrived at that type bow.

1st picture is how you normally would wrap it, with the edges all lined up.

2nd Picture is the front of the bow. I basically wrapped it the same as before, but then pulled the top ribbon and tail down over the middle section and made it over lap. I did the same thing with the bottom ribbon and tail, I pulled it up over the middle section and made it overlap.

3rd picture is how it looked in the back after wrapping it.

4th picture is my bow. Looks the same to me, just with diffrent slanted tails instead of v-cut. I left it raw so you could see it better.

Sorry for the crappy pictures. I did it quickly. I also hand tie mine with a gator bite, if that helps!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Pinwheel.JPG (53.5 KB, 88 views)
File Type: jpg Front.JPG (69.3 KB, 87 views)
File Type: jpg Back.JPG (48.4 KB, 88 views)
File Type: jpg Finished.JPG (47.4 KB, 99 views)
Old 11-10-2010, 12:58

Dandelion...THANKS, I have no problems doing the pinwheel but this gives it another look
Old 11-10-2010, 01:07

Quote:
Originally Posted by RUBES View Post
Dandelion...THANKS, I have no problems doing the pinwheel but this gives it another look

No problem!!! I always feel like nobody pays much attention to what I have to say because I don't have a ton of posts and haven't been around a super long time. Its nice to know that what I said was valuable to atleast one person!
Old 11-10-2010, 01:12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dandelion View Post
No problem!!! I always feel like nobody pays much attention to what I have to say because I don't have a ton of posts and haven't been around a super long time. Its nice to know that what I said was valuable to atleast one person!
Awwww hunny, I know what you mean I often feel neglected lol. You have a heap more posts then me but that's because I don't think I can add anything that hasn't already been said in the thread IYKWIM
Old 11-10-2010, 01:21

Quote:
Originally Posted by RUBES View Post
Awwww hunny, I know what you mean I often feel neglected lol. You have a heap more posts then me but that's because I don't think I can add anything that hasn't already been said in the thread IYKWIM

I know exactly what you mean. I'm not going to keep repeating what someone else has already posted, even if I can say it diffrently. I mean, once it has been said, no need in repeating it, right? I mean, I want my post count up just as bad as anybody else, but I'm not going to make myself a nusence just to get i there!!
Old 11-10-2010, 02:56

Awesome. Thanks for posting the pics on how to do it with the NBNG templates, I love mine and I suck at pinwheels by hand.