new products--lined 30mm snap clips--printed grosgrain ribbon
Offray Dr. Seuss Craft Ribbon: 18 Feet 7/8 Inch Satin Fabric Craft Ribbon For Gift Package Wrapping,Hairbow Clips,Sewing,Wedding,Scrapbook,Boy Girl Baby Shower-(2x3yd Thing One Thing Two New Fish)
New products--paper bow cards
New product--clear shopping bags
New products--7/8' peace sign ribbon
Hipgirl 36 Yards 1/8" Satin Fabric Ribbon Set, Double Face For Gift Package Wrapping, Double Bar Barrette Clip Making, Crafting, Sewing, Wedding Decor, Boy Girl Baby Shower-(18x2yd Boutique Ribbons)
new products--gymbo dot grosgrain mini bows-diy
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/20pc-korker-ribbon-combo.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 11-05-2010, 01:36
CuteePatooteeBoutique's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Dallas, GA
Posts: 858
Default Woven Pen Question

What are your tricks to keeping the darn pen straight!!?? No matter how hard I concentrate on keeping it straight, it turns and my weave is all messed up.
__________________

Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/whimsydoodlegraphics.gif
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 11-05-2010, 01:38
meganskiddos's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 4,246
Default Re: Woven Pen Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteePatooteeBoutique View Post
What are your tricks to keeping the darn pen straight!!?? No matter how hard I concentrate on keeping it straight, it turns and my weave is all messed up.
I poke the very tip of the pen into cardboard and just weave. As I do each set of weaves, I pull each ribbon to tighten up the weave. Make sense? Makes sense in my head LOL.
__________________
******************************************
STRIPED GLITTER ELASTIC!!!!!
ORDER:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...Nmd0E6MQ#gid=0

FACEBOOK GROUP FOR AWESOME BUYS:
http://www.facebook.com/groups/182211411884577/
www.PamperedPrincessPretties.com (Wholesale supplies)
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 11-05-2010, 01:40
pixiesmoon's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 5,740
Default Re: Woven Pen Question

OMG...The tip of the pen is in my stomach while I weave..I must be retarded.... Now as I look down, I have pen mark on my tummy...
__________________
WHOLESALE SCULPTURES ARE HERE AND HERE!!!

Holiday, Princess, ballet shoes.....

ALL PROUDLY MADE IN THE U.S.A.
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 11-05-2010, 02:01
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: CA
Posts: 3,554
Default Re: Woven Pen Question

LOL... as I was trying one the other day I thought "wow it really helps to have a pregnant tummy to hold the pen in place!"
But not sure how I will hold it in place later
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 11-05-2010, 02:12
pixiesmoon's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 5,740
Default Re: Woven Pen Question

Stay preggers!!!!! LOL
__________________
WHOLESALE SCULPTURES ARE HERE AND HERE!!!

Holiday, Princess, ballet shoes.....

ALL PROUDLY MADE IN THE U.S.A.
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 11-05-2010, 02:59
Gracies Mom's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Central California
Posts: 1,908
Default Re: Woven Pen Question

LOL My tummy was also the "holding spot" for the pen, LOL, I didn't even think about the ink on my shirt until afterwards my daughter said

"Mom, how come I get in trouble for writing on myself and you do it too!"

Problem is, I'm not pregnant . . . I'm still trying to lose those last few baby pounds, she's only 6 (years old that is), I'll lose it eventually . .. LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixiesmoon View Post
OMG...The tip of the pen is in my stomach while I weave..I must be retarded.... Now as I look down, I have pen mark on my tummy...
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 11-05-2010, 07:09
RUBES's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 400
Default Re: Woven Pen Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gracies Mom View Post
LOL My tummy was also the "holding spot" for the pen, LOL, I didn't even think about the ink on my shirt until afterwards my daughter said

"Mom, how come I get in trouble for writing on myself and you do it too!"

Problem is, I'm not pregnant . . . I'm still trying to lose those last few baby pounds, she's only 6 (years old that is), I'll lose it eventually . .. LOL
Sorry but . So how did you talk yourself out of that one?? Gotta love the things kids say
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 11-05-2010, 07:11
CuteePatooteeBoutique's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Dallas, GA
Posts: 858
Default Re: Woven Pen Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by meganskiddos View Post
I poke the very tip of the pen into cardboard and just weave. As I do each set of weaves, I pull each ribbon to tighten up the weave. Make sense? Makes sense in my head LOL.
That's a good idea. I'll have to try that. thaks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixiesmoon View Post
OMG...The tip of the pen is in my stomach while I weave..I must be retarded.... Now as I look down, I have pen mark on my tummy...
LMAO!! That was me last night trying to weave my first pen...But after the first first pen marks, I got smart and put the cap on that I threw away.. LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by daisyrose305 View Post
LOL... as I was trying one the other day I thought "wow it really helps to have a pregnant tummy to hold the pen in place!"
But not sure how I will hold it in place later
LOL There are days, like when I need a 3rd hand or closer table, that I miss my pregnant belly. Not very many, but a few LOL (My baby is 5 months old)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixiesmoon View Post
Stay preggers!!!!! LOL


Quote:
Originally Posted by Gracies Mom View Post
LOL My tummy was also the "holding spot" for the pen, LOL, I didn't even think about the ink on my shirt until afterwards my daughter said

"Mom, how come I get in trouble for writing on myself and you do it too!"

Problem is, I'm not pregnant . . . I'm still trying to lose those last few baby pounds, she's only 6 (years old that is), I'll lose it eventually . .. LOL
LOL Your daughter sounds like mine. LOL She's 16.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 11-05-2010, 07:57
bstimpert's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Amish Country, OH
Posts: 1,262
Default Re: Woven Pen Question

The pen marks on the tummy made me giggle - What pens are you using? I may try to make some for my December show but undecided on what brand of pens to use.
__________________
Barbara
Sweet Baby K's Bow*tique
Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 11-05-2010, 08:15
CuteePatooteeBoutique's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Dallas, GA
Posts: 858
Default Re: Woven Pen Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by bstimpert View Post
The pen marks on the tummy made me giggle - What pens are you using? I may try to make some for my December show but undecided on what brand of pens to use.
Right now I'm using whatever I can get my hands on, just to practice cuz I'm new at them and NOONE would want to buy one yet. LOL But I'm going to pick up some Bics today.
__________________

Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


New product--2.5' Zebra Printed Grosgrain Ribbon
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/banners/peace-sign-grosgrain-ribbon-ads.jpg
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/7-8-grosgrain-ribbon-volleyball-forest-green.jpg
New Instructions--How to make korker hair bow using a korker box hip girl boutique grosgrain ribbon korker for hair bows, hair clips, baby women, toddler, girl, adult, floral design, birthday holiday gift wrapping
New product--star ribbon for cheer bows

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:52.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0
Hip Girl Boutique Instructions - Copyright © 2007

Ad Management by RedTyger