http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/lined-alligator-clips-with-teeth.jpg
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/7-8-rainbow-chevron-ribbon.jpg
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/1-25-satin-DIY-mini-bow-combo-1.jpg
new product--crochet hat

1.5' 7/8' Zebra New Colors

New products--peony new colors

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 11-05-2010, 08:58

Default Re: Woven Pen Question

As I am particular with the pen I write with BIC is the one I use. I was looking for my pen stash last night...with no luck...BUT I FOUND them and was just telling my hubby about this thread. He looked at me a little puzzled so I said "They are weaving them like the headbands" he was trying to work out how you weave the pen around the headband
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/whimsydoodlegraphics.gif
Old 11-05-2010, 09:34

I'm still having trouble with the exact placement of my x's I think because the start and end points don't lay as flat as I'd like.

Want to know what all the fuss is about? Join Bownanas on facebook. 1,300 members and growing!

I'll let you sleep with my husband before I give you my supplier information, so don't ask.
Old 11-05-2010, 10:36

Quote:
Originally Posted by BowMamaof4 View Post
I'm still having trouble with the exact placement of my x's I think because the start and end points don't lay as flat as I'd like.
Same here. And for some reason, I get the weave look in the front, but the back is just one solid color of ribbon. It's really starting to tick me off..LOL I try and try and still get the solid color in the back. Isn't it supposed to have that weave pattern throughout?

Old 11-05-2010, 10:37

Quote:
Originally Posted by RUBES View Post
As I am particular with the pen I write with BIC is the one I use. I was looking for my pen stash last night...with no luck...BUT I FOUND them and was just telling my hubby about this thread. He looked at me a little puzzled so I said "They are weaving them like the headbands" he was trying to work out how you weave the pen around the headband
LMAO!! Men...they have NO clue!

Old 11-05-2010, 10:50

I have gotten new pens with teeny tiny plastic caps on the tips....not sure if you can buy them anywhere. I just did a google search for them and couldn't find anything. That would be good for the whole pen on the belly thing and also for selling. Just a thought....
Old 11-05-2010, 10:59

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteePatooteeBoutique View Post
Same here. And for some reason, I get the weave look in the front, but the back is just one solid color of ribbon. It's really starting to tick me off..LOL I try and try and still get the solid color in the back. Isn't it supposed to have that weave pattern throughout?

Yes ma'am! Make sure you weave on the back *tuck under the other ribbons* not just wrap them around. Does that make sense?

Want to know what all the fuss is about? Join Bownanas on facebook. 1,300 members and growing!

I'll let you sleep with my husband before I give you my supplier information, so don't ask.
Old 11-05-2010, 11:07

I went to office depot and go their cheap brand....The pens covered so I dont really think it matters...I just dont get the super skinny ones...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteePatooteeBoutique View Post
Right now I'm using whatever I can get my hands on, just to practice cuz I'm new at them and NOONE would want to buy one yet. LOL But I'm going to pick up some Bics today.

Holiday, Princess, ballet shoes.....

ALL PROUDLY MADE IN THE U.S.A.
Old 11-05-2010, 11:44

I haven't bought the tut being sold here so I may not be much help...but I just made mine the same way I would make a headband. By "x" I would assume you are talking about the begining of the weave correct..?? I placed mine the same way as I would have on a headband and just gave them a little pull "upwards" before the glue cooled and then sealed the ends the same way as I do when I finish a headband...HTH!

Quote:
Old 11-05-2010, 04:47

Quote:
Yes ma'am! Make sure you weave on the back *tuck under the other ribbons* not just wrap them around. Does that make sense?
Thank you. I THINK it makes sense, I'll come whining again if I still can't get it right...LOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by daisyrose305 View Post
I haven't bought the tut being sold here so I may not be much help...but I just made mine the same way I would make a headband. By "x" I would assume you are talking about the begining of the weave correct..?? I placed mine the same way as I would have on a headband and just gave them a little pull "upwards" before the glue cooled and then sealed the ends the same way as I do when I finish a headband...HTH!
Thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by pixiesmoon View Post
I went to office depot and go their cheap brand....The pens covered so I dont really think it matters...I just dont get the super skinny ones...
Darn!! I forgot my pens and I was even in the dang isle looking right at them!

Old 11-05-2010, 05:41

Darn!! I forgot my pens and I was even in the dang isle looking right at them! [/QUOTE]

I wont tell you how many times I have done that before...UGH!!!!!

Holiday, Princess, ballet shoes.....

ALL PROUDLY MADE IN THE U.S.A.
Sponsored Links