Free Instructions---------Free Instructions----------Free Instructions-----------Free Instructions.
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/ribbon-korker-hair-bow-clip-instructions-sm.jpg
New Instructions--How to make braided/woven headband instruction
New Instructions--How to make hair bow gift basket
Free Hair Bow Instructions-Snail
Free Hair Bow Instructions--Christmas Tree
http://hipgirlclips.com/forums/xw-instruction-images/bee/bumble%20bee%20sm.jpg

New products--grosgrain ribbon mini bows

http://hipgirlclips.com/forums/xw-instruction-images/rainbow-ribbon-dragonfly-hair-clips-free-tutorial/dragonfly-rainbow.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 11-02-2010, 02:33

Default Tutu Bow Holder

Ok, so I am attempting to make a tutu bow holder right now. I just finished cutting out a bodice shape and it was a pain in the butt! I used an exacto (I'm using foam core board by the way) and it takes a long time! Is there something else that you ladies use that cuts better/faster?
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/jewelboxballerina-300.jpg
Old 11-02-2010, 03:10

Default Re: Tutu Bow Holder

I use my exacto knife to cut my form and it cut super easy and fast. I've only done one, but it was easy to cut!
Old 11-02-2010, 08:58

I use an exacto knife and its not the easiest but its OK. You have to make sure its a new blade. It does make it much easier. Not sure of any faster or better way.
Old 11-02-2010, 09:20

you have to make sure the exacto blade is SUPER sharp! my first i used one of dh's and it took FOREVER and i made a god-awful mess. then, i had 3 more to make, so i went out and got my own with multiple blades, and it was like butter!
Old 11-02-2010, 10:52

OK, I'll change my blade next time (if there is a next time...LOL). But how do you attach the tulle part?? Do you glue it on with hot glue?
Old 11-02-2010, 11:02

ohhh I'd like to know that too please

There is another thread on here by Myztic who is selling a template for the bodice part of the bow holder, but no info on the tutu part.

Have you looked at that thread? Some of the ladies who got the template have posted pictures of their holders and some are gorgeous.

There were a few ladies on that thread who said they stitched the tulle then glued, others just glued. Some had issues with it looking bulky under the ribbon around the waist. I'm afraid to be honest .! I would love to make a tutu bow holder but have no experience or idea about tutu's, have never used tulle and would not know where to begin!!

OK, I'm done rambling....will just wait to see what the other ladies have to say.
Old 11-02-2010, 11:16

I personally use the slip knot method with the tulle. I take 3/8" ribbon and cut the width of the bodice plus 4" (2" on each side to wrap around).

Then I take the tulle, and follow the (no sew tutu method) onto the ribbon. Once I'm done, I glue to the bodice, then cover with 1 1/2" ribbon, be sure to wrap your extra lengths around to the back of the bodice and glue.

Hope this helps!
Old 11-02-2010, 11:26

Oh my!!! Talking about templates. I had my brother who is wonderful with drawing, draw out my templates. They are perfect. Honestly I have to say I've seen alot of templates out there but these are porportional all the way around. One mini and one regular. Then my hubby cut the them out of the foam with a rotozip. It made it much faster than the razor blade. Doing it with a blade made me wanna think about throwing my self on a sharp object :-) I know a girl that has a website and that is all she does is those tutu holders, though she isnt open for selling right now, and I hope someday to get half as good as she is. I haven't seen anything as good as hers yet. Maybe one day I can do it
Old 11-04-2010, 09:49

I just got a template for the bodice part. Do the majority of you use the foam board, and if so do you still add any padding?. Also when you cover it with material is there one type of material that works better with fitting around the bodice??

Thanks
Old 11-04-2010, 10:27

Quote:
Originally Posted by keylimey View Post
I just got a template for the bodice part. Do the majority of you use the foam board, and if so do you still add any padding?. Also when you cover it with material is there one type of material that works better with fitting around the bodice??

Thanks
I still haven't finished mine...LOL but I did use foam board and I covered it with batting then just a cotton fabric.
300-700-forum-banners
wholesale rompers, dresses, bloomers, hat, headbands, leg warmers, flower layers, tulle, boutique clothing and other craft supplies