150-forum-ads
hip girl boutique ballet dance gymnastic skating bun cover rhinestone hip girl boutique 40pc grosgrain ribbon wrapped 2 inch snap clips barrettes hip girl boutique grosgrain ribbon korker for hair bows clips
hip girl boutique 18pc grosgrain mini bow tie hair bow clips for baby infant toddler women adult
hip girl sparkle glitter headbands for dancing ballet stage cheerleading girls women high school college
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/3in-spike-bows-rainbow.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 11-02-2010, 07:44

Default Re: Let's talk korkers...

How long do you bake your ribbon for? Minimum of 25minutes, usually around the 40minute mark.

At what temperature? 135 degrees celcius, whatever that translates into your measurements.

Do you get it wet first? Nope!

Do you use starch? Have you found a particular brand that works better than the others? I have used starch and I found that the ribbon would tend to go funny when I sealed the edges. Also I've had a couple of problems with the wood from the dowels leaving marks on the ribbon when using starch.

Do you have any other super secret hints for me? Can't say I have any secrets lol I love making the smaller korker sizes as they are cute and I like small things. I also don't use as many pieces as what other people do. For my small korkers I only use about 18 pieces and they turn out reasonble full. When I first started I was doing the tying technique and my korkers would turn out grose, so now I sew all of mine.

How do you attach it to hair elastic? I make sure that I secure the korker altogether first and then I will sew the korker into the elastic. That way if the elastic breaks or korker comes off then it doesn't break all a part.
Sponsored Links
Old 11-02-2010, 09:11

When your cutting Korkers, do you streatch the curls out and measure or leave curled and measure???
Old 11-02-2010, 05:01

Leave curled and measure.
Old 11-02-2010, 05:38

How do you sew them? I have found if I sew them all the pieces curl together and they look sloppy but when I tie them I don't feel like they are very durable.
Old 11-03-2010, 03:49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Materialgirlbowtique View Post
How do you sew them? I have found if I sew them all the pieces curl together and they look sloppy but when I tie them I don't feel like they are very durable.
When I sew mine I just thread on X amount of korker pieces and pull down onto the knot. Then I just push my needle back through the pieces, not sure if I get all of them or not but meh....and then tie the ends together and we have a korker!

Yeh I do find some of the pieces will curl inside each other but you just pull them apart lol I felt the same about tying mine, I didn't feel it was secured enough. I much prefer sewing over tying.
Sponsored Links

HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.