New product--7/8' paw prints grosgrain ribbon
New product--2.25' star grosgrain ribbon
new products-3/8' snowmen grosgrain ribbon
New product--2.25' polka dot grosgrain ribbon
new products--7/8' cheetah skin print grosgrain ribbon
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/breast-cancer-bow-tie-hair-clip.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 11-01-2010, 06:04

Default Re: Need some help/advice.....

You girls are sweet! But I want to make a bow like in these instructions

http://www.etsy.com/listing/60519801...s%5B1%5D=title

and I bought these instructions a while back but can't find them anymore
Sponsored Links
Old 11-01-2010, 06:06

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComingUnraveled View Post
I think a solid, light background makes a huge difference. I went ahead and quickly edited out the background on your picture (I hope you don't mind!!) to show the difference.

Wow that looks better!
Old 11-01-2010, 06:08

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPB83 View Post
You girls are sweet! But I want to make a bow like in these instructions

http://www.etsy.com/listing/60519801...s%5B1%5D=title

and I bought these instructions a while back but can't find them anymore
I think tutorials are great for learning the basic technique, but to be unique you have to have your own style and stand out from the rest

Your bow looks great and my thought is that if you have the skill to make a bow like that, then you can figure out how to make it your own without a tutorial because from here it is just adding your own style to it!

I have never used a tut. for the surrounding loops but I know there are free ones out there

Krista
Old 11-01-2010, 06:35

Quote:
I think a solid, light background makes a huge difference. I went ahead and quickly edited out the background on your picture (I hope you don't mind!!) to show the difference.
How in the world did you do this? I've been struggling for ages to get good pictures. I have just about everything you can imagine but my pictures are CRAP! Lightbox, reflector light, flash attachment, etc. and nothing. Please share your wealth of information..........I also use Adobe Elements. I have been "training" myself to use it.
Old 11-01-2010, 06:46

Quote:
Originally Posted by karina721 View Post
How in the world did you do this? I've been struggling for ages to get good pictures. I have just about everything you can imagine but my pictures are CRAP! Lightbox, reflector light, flash attachment, etc. and nothing. Please share your wealth of information..........I also use Adobe Elements. I have been "training" myself to use it.

Haha, thanks for the vote of confidence but all I did is "cut" around the bow and deleted the background. Otherwise it is the exact same photo (she had a pretty good/clear starting photo.) I use Gimp and there is a tool called "Free Select" (not sure what the equivalent might be in Elements) and I just zoomed way in and clicked along the edges until I had the entire bow selected. I then just copied and pasted what I selected onto a new white background and that was it. There may even be an easier way than that but that's how I did that one.
Old 11-01-2010, 06:53

SPB83--

I'm sure the seller would give you the instructions again, if you lost yours. I've done that for customers before. Sometimes life happens! E-mail her and explain that you lost the instructions, and the approximate date, and she can go back through her records and find the transaction and re-send.

Deanna
www.birdsongbows.etsy.com
Old 11-01-2010, 06:53

I have done that, but without paying attention on if it looks bad or good but now I am realizing itīs better... THANKS for that advice!!!

Quote:
Also, I think your bow looks great and your original photo really wasn't bad at all. One tip someone recently provided on here for photographing bows would be to photograph the bow before you add the alligator clip. (Sorry whoever provided that tip, I'd credit you but I don't remember who it was!)
Old 11-01-2010, 07:10

I agree on the white background. If you don't have the programs to do it, download gimp, paint.net etc...or a few people on here do it for you for cheap. I do as well as some others if you search some threads you can figure out who all does.

Buuuuuuuut I think your bow looks pretty darn awesome!!!!!
Old 11-01-2010, 07:35

I think the pic looks pretty good, and with the white background it really pops!
Old 11-01-2010, 09:28

i highly recommend getting a lightscoop. It allows you to use a flash but doesnt whiten what you are taking a picture of. Im going to do an article on one and show you the difference in a pic w/ and w/o...its $25 and an excellent investment if you are doing indoor photos.

obviously it only works if you are using an EOS

another suggestion i have w/ lighting is to take pictures outside in natural lighting. Not in the bright sun, but a muted shade or at dusk/dawn.
Sponsored Links