new products--lined 30mm snap clips--printed grosgrain ribbon
Offray Dr. Seuss Craft Ribbon: 18 Feet 7/8 Inch Satin Fabric Craft Ribbon For Gift Package Wrapping,Hairbow Clips,Sewing,Wedding,Scrapbook,Boy Girl Baby Shower-(2x3yd Thing One Thing Two New Fish)
New products--paper bow cards
New product--clear shopping bags
New products--7/8' peace sign ribbon
Hipgirl 36 Yards 1/8" Satin Fabric Ribbon Set, Double Face For Gift Package Wrapping, Double Bar Barrette Clip Making, Crafting, Sewing, Wedding Decor, Boy Girl Baby Shower-(18x2yd Boutique Ribbons)
new products--gymbo dot grosgrain mini bows-diy
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/20pc-korker-ribbon-combo.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 10-29-2010, 02:39

Default Am I doing this right?

I've just started making bows and have ordered my supplies to make bottlecaps. Here are the items I've ordered to do it:

I was going to print my images from Walmart on 4X6 photo paper and punch them with this 1" hole punch

Make them into a sticker using this:

Stick them on these in assorted colors

And glaze this on top

The more I read the more different ways and techniques people have for making them, are any of the things I bought not going to work for me? Do you have any suggestions for what to use instead?

Also I use Corel PSP and I'm having trouble making 1" circle images, every time I re-size them they come out different sizes. Is there a tutorial or template I can use? What do you use?

Thank you so much, in advance. Also, I have no desire to sell my bows they will strictly be for personal use so please don't be nervous about giving me tips for me to be a competition to your business!
Sponsored Links
300-700-forum-banners
wholesale rompers, dresses, bloomers, hat, headbands, leg warmers, flower layers, tulle, boutique clothing and other craft supplies
Old 10-29-2010, 02:43

Default Re: Am I doing this right?

Do a google search for bottlecap yahoo groups and see which one are available for you to join. You could probably get a lot of help with the tutorials that some of them give out to newbies.
Old 10-29-2010, 02:53

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie View Post
Do a google search for bottlecap yahoo groups and see which one are available for you to join. You could probably get a lot of help with the tutorials that some of them give out to newbies.
I tried that and people are very protective of their techniques. Are new people unwelcome here or did I post this in the wrong place or format?
Old 10-29-2010, 03:05

Go to your Pm box and check your messages. I sent you some info that may help.
Old 10-29-2010, 03:08

Here is a site to buy a GREAT template. You can get it for Photoshop or gimp. Gimp is a free download if you don't have photoshop. She is a member here too.
http://www.etsy.com/shop/MunchkinBabyDesigns
Old 10-29-2010, 03:09

You put it in the right place. You just have to understand that the ladies here have put a lot of time and money perfecting what they do. They are not going to just hand it to someone new. You honestly may say that you wont be our competition but we have all heard it before(some even from people very close to them). Try using the search tab up top and just put in bottle caps. It will bring up tons of pages! Read through those and I bet a lot of your questions will be aswered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynCouture View Post
I tried that and people are very protective of their techniques. Are new people unwelcome here or did I post this in the wrong place or format?

Proud Member of the Bow Diamonds!
http://www.facebook.com/#!/BowDiamonds

Wholesale Page
http://www.facebook.com/#!/Serendipi...oriesWholesale
Old 10-29-2010, 03:15

The templates posted above are amazing and well woth the money. I have the same hole punch and it works great. I never used the sticker maker but have heard good things. I don't know about the crystal laquer I use et lite and most of the women I have spoken to here do also. Hth!
Old 10-29-2010, 03:34

I have et lite and am scared to death to use it. I have been using the epoxy stickers. Where in the store is the 3d laquer located....??
Old 10-29-2010, 09:52

Thank you ladies so much, I suppose I never thought about what the one lady said, but of course you would be protective of your techniques. I mean you had to start at the bottom like me and work your way up! Thanks very much, I'm going to keep searching for a way to figure it out myself because I'm actually really good with PSP (I'm a graphic designer) so I'll try and figure it out.

Thanks again for all that advice, I think I'll just lurk in the shadows for now and read what everyone else is doing.
Old 10-29-2010, 09:55

Watching and reading is always good, but please dont ever be afraid to ask and also give you opinion! I would have answer your question, but I am just starting on caps myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynCouture View Post
Thank you ladies so much, I suppose I never thought about what the one lady said, but of course you would be protective of your techniques. I mean you had to start at the bottom like me and work your way up! Thanks very much, I'm going to keep searching for a way to figure it out myself because I'm actually really good with PSP (I'm a graphic designer) so I'll try and figure it out.

Thanks again for all that advice, I think I'll just lurk in the shadows for now and read what everyone else is doing.

Proud Member of the Bow Diamonds!
http://www.facebook.com/#!/BowDiamonds

Wholesale Page
http://www.facebook.com/#!/Serendipi...oriesWholesale
Sponsored Links