Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE!

Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! (http://hipgirlclips.com/forums/)
-   How to make... (http://hipgirlclips.com/forums/how-make/)
-   -   For those who sew their Korkers, what type of needle do you use? (http://hipgirlclips.com/forums/how-make/66147-those-who-sew-their-korkers-what-type-needle-do-you-use.html)

micmac68 10-26-2010 09:47

For those who sew their Korkers, what type of needle do you use?

I LOVE to make korkers - I think they are super cute and you can combne so many cute colors! Lately, though, I have been having a love/hate realtionship with my beloved korkers - I keep bending and breaking needles almost every time I sew a korker (unless they are small - like under 16 korks). :wallbash: I usually use a singer needle from a multi-pack, but I have even broken 3 doll needles!

So my question is, what type of needles do you use for your korkers that don't bend and/or break? Thanks in advance!! I am missing my korkers!

ShellyBean80 10-26-2010 09:55

Re: For those who sew their Korkers, what type of needle do you use?

I don't use anything expensive or special and they work fine for me. I usually buy a variety pack from Wal-Mart for like .98....I haven't broken one yet and I use 40 pieces of korker on average for each bow?

ZanneMarie 10-26-2010 09:58

My favorite needle to use that gets though things pretty well and does not easily bend or break are size 7 Sharps.

micmac68 10-26-2010 09:59

Can you tell me what brand/size they are? I get mine at WalMart too - they are Singers.

ShellyBean80 10-26-2010 10:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by micmac68 (Post 778763)
Can you tell me what brand/size they are? I get mine at WalMart too - they are Singers.

Mine are also Singers and I'm not completely sure what size...the one is used last night was 2" long and I think it's for embroidery?? I think it's the longest one in the pack.

ZanneMarie 10-26-2010 10:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZanneMarie (Post 778760)
My favorite needle to use that gets though things pretty well and does not easily bend or break are size 7 Sharps.

I bought mine at Joann's. They are Dritz brand. I have bought the multi sized packs of Singer needles at Walmart/Meijer and I had tons of trouble with them breaking on me...not so much when I made korkers but when I was sewing spikey bows they were breaking constantly!

lovetostamp 10-26-2010 10:13

i just use embroidery long needles! You are talking about hand sewing them right?

micmac68 10-27-2010 06:40

Yes, I am talking about hand-sewing them. I will have to give the Dritz a try. Rats - I was at Joann's yesterday, which is clear across town! I should have asked this question sooner!! LOL! Thanks everyone!!

micmac68 10-27-2010 06:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZanneMarie (Post 778797)
I bought mine at Joann's. They are Dritz brand. I have bought the multi sized packs of Singer needles at Walmart/Meijer and I had tons of trouble with them breaking on me...not so much when I made korkers but when I was sewing spikey bows they were breaking constantly!

Oh - and I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one who had trouble with those Singer needles breaking!!