Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE!

Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! (http://hipgirlclips.com/forums/)
-   How to make... (http://hipgirlclips.com/forums/how-make/)
-   -   For those whose twisted boutique bows fold in on themselves (http://hipgirlclips.com/forums/how-make/66111-those-whose-twisted-boutique-bows-fold-themselves.html)

SandyL 10-26-2010 04:46

For those whose twisted boutique bows fold in on themselves

1 Attachment(s)
I got this tip on here yesterday from JustDaisy's thread about her new tutorial. So thank you JustDaisy. I have been doing this bow for quite a while and min never quite looked right. I've got the fold down and I use a GatorBite but it always folds in on itself and I could never figure out why??:wallbash:

Anyway, what I was doing was tying it off and tying toward the front of the bow. Apparently, you need to tie it off towards the back of the bow so when it folds, it faces down. DUH!!!! OMG, I just wanted to show you what my previous bows looked like and what it looks like now. WOW, big difference.

Thanks again JustDaisy! Oh, and I have like 2 or 3 sets of bow instructions I've bought and no one has ever said this before. Maybe it's obvious or maybe it's overlooked but it's an important step. Just wanted to share in case anyone else could benefit from this tip.

Top bow is my new bow and bottom is my previous bow.

blondie 10-26-2010 04:49

Re: For those whose twisted boutique bows fold in on themselves

wow your green bow is perfection!

SandyL 10-26-2010 04:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by blondie (Post 778086)
wow your green bow is perfection!

Thank you. You have no idea how long it has taken to get there. Lots of practice. And I love my GatorBite.

karina721 10-26-2010 04:55

OH, I'm confused. I thought she said to tie it in the front of the bow? Great job on the bow though.

SandyL 10-26-2010 05:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by karina721 (Post 778108)
OH, I'm confused. I thought she said to tie it in the front of the bow? Great job on the bow though.

I didn't get her instructions but in the thread someone asked about her bow saying it was floppy and falling in on itself and she said to tie it towards the back of the bow. So basically when you have it folded and are ready to tie it off, pull your string, floss or whatever you use towards the back and tie it. HTH. You could try it both ways and see the difference. I have always tied it towards the front and now doing it toward the back has made a huge difference in my bows as you can see.

tealove4 10-26-2010 05:09

Yeah I thought she said front too. ??

hilogirl_96720 10-26-2010 05:14

OMG my bows look like the pink one & I couldn't figure out what the heck I was doing wrong! Will try tying off in the back, hopefully I can come close to your perfect green one :)

karina721 10-26-2010 05:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by SandyL (Post 778128)
I didn't get her instructions but in the thread someone asked about her bow saying it was floppy and falling in on itself and she said to tie it towards the back of the bow. So basically when you have it folded and are ready to tie it off, pull your string, floss or whatever you use towards the back and tie it. HTH. You could try it both ways and see the difference. I have always tied it towards the front and now doing it toward the back has made a huge difference in my bows as you can see.

Yeah, that was me. Mine looks like your pink ones. I haven't tried the instructions that I bought from her yet but I'll have to ask her again then.

mabear74 10-26-2010 05:44

Yes, tie them on the backside of the bow......Once I figured this out I haven't made a "bad" bow since.

charminglittleladies 10-26-2010 05:52

Yep! You're getting the hang of it, I learned that little trick the hard way! Great job, Daisy does fantastic work!