Hipgirl 40 Yards 3/8" Grosgrain Fabric Ribbon Set For Gift Package Wrapping, Hair Bow Clips & Accessories Making, Crafting, Sewing, Wedding Decor, Boy Girl Baby Shower-(20x2yd Solid Boutique Ribbons)
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/5-8-satin-autism-pinwheel-bow.jpg
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/glitter-ribbon-250.jpg
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/kanzashi-flower-butterfly-forum-ads.JPG
New product--1.8mm bottle cap hole punch

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 10-28-2010, 02:53

Default Re: For those whose twisted boutique bows fold in on themselves

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyL View Post
I got this tip on here yesterday from JustDaisy's thread about her new tutorial. So thank you JustDaisy. I have been doing this bow for quite a while and min never quite looked right. I've got the fold down and I use a GatorBite but it always folds in on itself and I could never figure out why??

Anyway, what I was doing was tying it off and tying toward the front of the bow. Apparently, you need to tie it off towards the back of the bow so when it folds, it faces down. DUH!!!! OMG, I just wanted to show you what my previous bows looked like and what it looks like now. WOW, big difference.

Thanks again JustDaisy! Oh, and I have like 2 or 3 sets of bow instructions I've bought and no one has ever said this before. Maybe it's obvious or maybe it's overlooked but it's an important step. Just wanted to share in case anyone else could benefit from this tip.

Top bow is my new bow and bottom is my previous bow.

I really need help i am new to this site, but i really want to learn to make a twisted hair bow i purchased learn how to make bows.com as well as all the free instructions and i just dont get it do you have any suggestions?
Sponsored Links
Old 10-28-2010, 05:38

Marking
Old 10-28-2010, 05:48

Quote:
Originally Posted by lassiterjenn2002 View Post
I really need help i am new to this site, but i really want to learn to make a twisted hair bow i purchased learn how to make bows.com as well as all the free instructions and i just dont get it do you have any suggestions?
If you just started making bows I would suggest looking through some of the threads here for advice. You can do a search and there are TONS of threads on the twisted boutique bow. And go through your instructions and practice, practice, practice. The only way you will get it and get better is lots of practice. Seriously, it has taken me 2 years. It will get better. You can try making a bow and post a picture on this forum and the ladies will help critique your work and give you advice. Best of luck.
Old 10-28-2010, 07:30

Thanks for the info

i will try it later

linda
Old 10-28-2010, 07:48

OKAY I JUST SAW THIS....so I can clarify......About the FRONT of the BOW. I said once you have your loops done you flip it so the FRONT is facing you when you TIE it you WRAP your THREAD BACK(UNDER and OVER) to FRONT NOT FRONT to BACK(Over and Under)

Old 10-28-2010, 09:16

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustDaisy View Post
OKAY I JUST SAW THIS....so I can clarify......About the FRONT of the BOW. I said once you have your loops done you flip it so the FRONT is facing you when you TIE it you WRAP your THREAD BACK(UNDER and OVER) to FRONT NOT FRONT to BACK(Over and Under)
Sorry if you were misquoted. I didn't read your entire thread and I did not purchase your instructions. I just saw one person ask about tying off the bow and I thought you said to tie it towards the back. In any case I do not use needle and thread so I just use floss and tie it. Whatever I did from what I thought was your advice has helped my bows tremendously so thank you, regardless of whether I got your info right or not. LOL.
Old 10-28-2010, 11:57

Quote:
Sorry if you were misquoted. I didn't read your entire thread and I did not purchase your instructions. I just saw one person ask about tying off the bow and I thought you said to tie it towards the back. In any case I do not use needle and thread so I just use floss and tie it. Whatever I did from what I thought was your advice has helped my bows tremendously so thank you, regardless of whether I got your info right or not. LOL.
I think she just said to wrap towards the back, so i think you interpreted her correctly the first time... I THINK! LOL! Who knows?! Anyways, I'm gonna give wrapping towards the back a go. I always wondered why sometimes my bows turned out great & other times not so much-kinda figured the way i wrapped had something to do with it, but I keep forgetting to note which way turned out best. I mostly make ribbon sculptures, so I don't get the chance to make bows very often even though I love it.
Old 10-29-2010, 12:09

Quote:
I did not mean to sound rude or anything I just wanted people to know what I said...so they won't think I am giving misleading info. I forgot to add a SMILEY to my post...LOL! SORRY!

Old 10-29-2010, 12:51

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustDaisy View Post
I did not mean to sound rude or anything I just wanted people to know what I said...so they won't think I am giving misleading info. I forgot to add a SMILEY to my post...LOL! SORRY!
No problem at all.
Old 10-29-2010, 07:31

Quote:
LoL! Whatever works, right? My bows need so much help, I'm willing to try anything! lol