Free Instructions---------Free Instructions----------Free Instructions-----------Free Instructions.
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/ribbon-korker-hair-bow-clip-instructions-sm.jpg
New Instructions--How to make braided/woven headband instruction
New Instructions--How to make hair bow gift basket
Free Hair Bow Instructions-Snail
Free Hair Bow Instructions--Christmas Tree
http://hipgirlclips.com/forums/xw-instruction-images/bee/bumble%20bee%20sm.jpg

New products--grosgrain ribbon mini bows

http://hipgirlclips.com/forums/xw-instruction-images/rainbow-ribbon-dragonfly-hair-clips-free-tutorial/dragonfly-rainbow.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 10-26-2010, 01:44

Default Re: Scarves with Ribbon

looking at it again, at the bottom of the scarf - it looks like she just takes groups of the yarn like she did above and instead of tying them, she just knots them to finish it off
Sponsored Links

HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
Old 10-26-2010, 02:01

Those are super cute!

Definitely agree with the other girls, laying different ribbons/furry yarn etc. Looks like the center is tied in 3 different sections, then alternating sections as you come down. Looks like she is using Chenile yarn too!
Old 10-26-2010, 02:03

how to you figure out where to tie it to get the open triangles?
Old 10-26-2010, 02:36

I really wish I saw it in person! Looking at more pics, it looks like 4 sections. In the black one (uptown sleek), it looks like she starts with 4 sections, for example say she has 4 identical rolls/sections, identical in the sense of tied off in the same area when they lay next to each other. Once she has them lined up, she takes 1/2 of section 1 and 1/2 section 2 and joins them, then 1/2 of 2 with 1/2 of 3, 1/2 of 3 with 1/2 of 4. Does that make sense? I will try to make a diagram the best I can, below: *edited to ad* My V's are meant to be in between the numbers, centered with 1 and 2, 2 and 3, 3 and 4.

1 2 3 4

V V V

1 2 3 4

V V V

The 4 sections tied first, then you do the alternating tie offs afterwards. As far as measurements go, I would say tie offs every 4 inches, making your 1st sections 8 inches apart, and your alternating ones in the center of them, giving you 4 inches apart on each tie off section.

The Autumn Frost one looks to have more sections. So I would think the above method, just more sections. That is what it looks like to me. I am definitely giving it a try! Thanks for posting!

I have no professional training *In William Hung's voice* (american idol, for those who do not know LOL), so if I am wrong.
Old 10-26-2010, 06:17

http://www.marthastewart.com/good-thing/no-knit-scarf

I wonder if you could make it with these instructions?
Old 10-26-2010, 07:01

great thanks! Definitely a way to try it!
Old 10-26-2010, 07:32

This is way too cute! I am going to give it a try and make one for my dd.
Thanks for sharing!
Old 10-26-2010, 08:44

I think JackiSG has the concept here. If you figure it out please share with us, would you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackiSG View Post
I really wish I saw it in person! Looking at more pics, it looks like 4 sections. In the black one (uptown sleek), it looks like she starts with 4 sections, for example say she has 4 identical rolls/sections, identical in the sense of tied off in the same area when they lay next to each other. Once she has them lined up, she takes 1/2 of section 1 and 1/2 section 2 and joins them, then 1/2 of 2 with 1/2 of 3, 1/2 of 3 with 1/2 of 4. Does that make sense? I will try to make a diagram the best I can, below: *edited to ad* My V's are meant to be in between the numbers, centered with 1 and 2, 2 and 3, 3 and 4.

1 2 3 4

V V V

1 2 3 4

V V V

The 4 sections tied first, then you do the alternating tie offs afterwards. As far as measurements go, I would say tie offs every 4 inches, making your 1st sections 8 inches apart, and your alternating ones in the center of them, giving you 4 inches apart on each tie off section.

The Autumn Frost one looks to have more sections. So I would think the above method, just more sections. That is what it looks like to me. I am definitely giving it a try! Thanks for posting!

I have no professional training *In William Hung's voice* (american idol, for those who do not know LOL), so if I am wrong.
Old 10-26-2010, 08:51

looks to me like the same pattern of a Criss Cross TuTu

If your gonna be so quick to invoice! Be Quick to SHIP! - EXPECT HONEST FEEDBACK FROM ME!!!
& Dont worry, Retaliatory Feedback DOESNT SCARE ME!!! Im a Buyer NOT a seller! Just Sayin!!!
Old 10-26-2010, 08:52

it looks like a girls hairstyle that was popular a few years ago...knot sections then split those in half and knot a half with one from the section next to it. then repeat
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/whimsydoodlegraphics.gif