printed bottle caps fabric tape http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/categories/rhine-stone-flat-back-title-sm.jpg stripe ribbon mini bows 7/8" saddle stitch grosgrain ribbon crochet headband trim

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 10-26-2010, 04:02

Default Re: Yep- Issue with Bottle Caps lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by mabear74 View Post
Do you use the modge to also stick the image to the cap, or do you adhere the image with something else, then go over it with modge podge?

i use modge podge to stick the image to the cap and put a coat over the entire image. after that dries i use etlite. i haven't had any problems with the ink running.
Sponsored Links

Old 10-26-2010, 04:40

I use a glue stick to adhere the image to the bottlecap....then I use glossy modpodge over the image and edges of the image. After that, I put colores doming resin over the top. Since I have been doing it this way, I have had no problems with the images getting the wet look. And colores is very easy to use, I hardly ever have bubbles
Old 10-26-2010, 06:50

Quote:
Originally Posted by mabear74 View Post
Thanks......I truly believe you have the best bottlecaps out there
aww thanks =)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenniferM View Post
Well the reason I had saw dust was because they fell on the board my husband made for me which I guess didn't get dusted.
So I shouldn't put enough to go over the edges....hmmm....I am going to have to try really hard not to do that. I must use too much. So I am just supposed to use enough to get on the image...alright...off to try to do this again
yea i seen that but with et lite if they are not in a dust free area any lil dust in the air will find your caps!!! i put mine in a curio cabinet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenniferM View Post
So I am beginning to think that Bottle caps are NOT my thing lol. I made way too much resin this time, the resin started hardening in the cup before i was even half way done...I think I took too much time or something. Well, then I stop and I was like I will just do half. Go to get the lighter to realize that my husband took my van which has the lighter in it! Gah. My neighbor is a smoker but isn't home for another hour...grr...maybe i should just do the drops lol.
aww you poor thing, your just not having any luck with them, i use the grill lighters.
Old 10-26-2010, 07:21

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinyt19784 View Post
[B]

aww you poor thing, your just not having any luck with them, i use the grill lighters.

We don't even have those lol. We just moved and moving companies won't let you take those things with you (especially from overseas). We only have the little ones so that my husband can burn the strings from his uniform...so we have one in each vehicle lol. And nope, I am not having any luck with them.
I can't believe my resin started hardening...the ones on the bottlecap werent as hard as the one in the cup. And my cup started steaming! Guess plastic cups aren't the way to go cause it also crushed the sides in!? I just wasted 1/4 cup of that stuff (both)....I just ordered some resin drops, hopefully that will help me some.
Old 10-26-2010, 08:19

yea you don't wanna mix to much of it, i usually mix 2 cap fulls of each bottle i use lil disposable plastic cups and mix with a popsicle stick.
Old 10-26-2010, 10:22

Marking! I haven't tried bottlecaps yet... I am actually a little frightened!! LOL!
Old 10-27-2010, 07:05

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinyt19784 View Post
yea you don't wanna mix to much of it, i usually mix 2 cap fulls of each bottle i use lil disposable plastic cups and mix with a popsicle stick.
Yeah, i did way more than that. I have wasted all of my et lite so far on either screw ups or pouring too much. I should just go buy those plastic cups you use to rinse your mouth with. Do you think they would work? I have the paper ones but I am sure that won't work.

I ordered some resin drops cause those will help until I get to figuring this et lite out loll
Old 10-27-2010, 08:04

Yup i use the lil plastic ones you use for mouthwash