New product--2.5' Mini Korker Bows
Hip girl boutique 50mm grosgrain ribbon wrapped snap clips for baby girl, toddler, infant, newborn, adult, women, school http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/Shabby-frayed-chiffon-flowers-turq.JPG
new products--dippin dots mini pinwheel bow
hip girl boutique christmas grosgrain satin ribbon collection for holidays

HipGirl Boutique Girls Women 6" Jumbo Large Cheer Bow Elastic Hair Tie Ponytail Holder for High School College Cheerleading (10pc Assorted Solids)

HipGirl 25pc Hair Bow Clips Headbands Gift Basket: Grosgrain Korker Ribbon Alligator Clips + Crochet, Ribbon Wrapped Headbans, For Girls Babies Teens Kids Toddlers Adults. For Pigtails, Ponytails

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 10-26-2010, 02:39
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 13
Default bottlecap and flower loop bow??

i know to attach the bottlecaps to regular boutique bows you use e6000 with a ribbon and wrap it around the center like normal, but i'm trying to figure out how you attach it to something like this: theres really not a place to wrap the ribbon around, so how do you get the bottlecap to stay on?? i've seen tons of people do it. any suggestions?? TIA!
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 10-26-2010, 02:55
mynameapril's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: East texas
Posts: 354
Default Re: bottlecap and flower loop bow??

I dont know if anyone else does theirs like this, but when i was first learning to do bottle caps, i found these things in wal-mart and thought they would work, and they did!

what i do is take these felt self-stick floor saver pads that you put under furniture legs when you move it, i cut them down to the size to fit inside the bottle cap and hot glue it in there. Then, when that's done, your bottle cap should have a flat back and then you can just add glue and glue it to your bow...
hope that little trick helps you.

http://www.woodfloorsoutlet.com/imag.../AX0002423.jpg

Last edited by mynameapril; 10-26-2010 at 02:58.
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 10-26-2010, 08:25
mommaoftwo's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Goodman, Mo
Posts: 2,557
Default Re: bottlecap and flower loop bow??

Thats a really good idea


Quote:
Originally Posted by mynameapril View Post
I dont know if anyone else does theirs like this, but when i was first learning to do bottle caps, i found these things in wal-mart and thought they would work, and they did!

what i do is take these felt self-stick floor saver pads that you put under furniture legs when you move it, i cut them down to the size to fit inside the bottle cap and hot glue it in there. Then, when that's done, your bottle cap should have a flat back and then you can just add glue and glue it to your bow...
hope that little trick helps you.

http://www.woodfloorsoutlet.com/imag.../AX0002423.jpg
__________________


Proud Member of the Bow Diamonds!
http://www.facebook.com/#!/BowDiamonds

Wholesale Page
http://www.facebook.com/#!/Serendipi...oriesWholesale
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 10-26-2010, 08:44
Lilysmomma's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Iowa
Posts: 1,312
Default Re: bottlecap and flower loop bow??

i get wood circles at HL and glue them in with e6000 and hot glue and then attach them the same way on the flower.
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 10-26-2010, 10:18
tashanwrn's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: KENTUCKY
Posts: 566
Default Re: bottlecap and flower loop bow??

Yep I use the 1inch wood circles from HL!!!! Works great!
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 10-26-2010, 11:27
mabear74's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Greenwood, IN
Posts: 4,091
Default Re: bottlecap and flower loop bow??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilysmomma View Post
i get wood circles at HL and glue them in with e6000 and hot glue and then attach them the same way on the flower.

I do the same thing
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 10-28-2010, 02:11
laurennicole630's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Jersey City, NJ
Posts: 1,106
Default Re: bottlecap and flower loop bow??

along the same lines... do you guys wrap the center of your bow with grosgrain first and then put the bottlecap on?

Normally i just do a center knot, but i just bought a whole bunch of bottlecaps and want to experiment putting these on bows.

I wasn't sure if you guys still add the grosgrain center to these
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 10-28-2010, 02:23
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 173
Default Re: bottlecap and flower loop bow??

I go to the craft section at Wal-mart and I buy a bag of Elmer's FOAM BEADS. I buy the one with assorted shapes. There are 150 in one bag and I think they only cost a couple dollars. They are supposed to be to make little necklaces for girls and what not. But I put a drop of E6000 on one side then stick it to the bow, E6000 on the other side and stick the bottle cap to it. They are the perfect thickness, and perfect width so there is no cutting involved. I was just walking through with the kids one day asking myself the same question...what could I use? Then I found these. The best is they are super cheap!! I have never had a complaint. Also, yes I do still add the grosgrain ribbon to all of mine because I think it looks neater from the side to "hide the layers" in the stacked bows. HTH!
Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 10-30-2010, 12:16
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 13
Default Re: bottlecap and flower loop bow??

sorry it took me so long to tell everyone thanks! my internet has been messing up lately
Quote:
Originally Posted by mynameapril View Post
I dont know if anyone else does theirs like this, but when i was first learning to do bottle caps, i found these things in wal-mart and thought they would work, and they did!

what i do is take these felt self-stick floor saver pads that you put under furniture legs when you move it, i cut them down to the size to fit inside the bottle cap and hot glue it in there. Then, when that's done, your bottle cap should have a flat back and then you can just add glue and glue it to your bow...
hope that little trick helps you.

http://www.woodfloorsoutlet.com/images/products/AX0002423.jpg
that's a really good idea, thanks! i went out and got some
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilysmomma View Post
i get wood circles at HL and glue them in with e6000 and hot glue and then attach them the same way on the flower.
it took me FOREVER to find these at my HL, i thought they didn't carry them! the only ones i could find had letters printed on one side??
Quote:
Originally Posted by laurennicole630 View Post
along the same lines... do you guys wrap the center of your bow with grosgrain first and then put the bottlecap on?

Normally i just do a center knot, but i just bought a whole bunch of bottlecaps and want to experiment putting these on bows.

I wasn't sure if you guys still add the grosgrain center to these
instead of making a center knot, leave the ribbon you are wrapping around without a knot, e6000 the middle part of that ribbon into the bottle cap and once it dries then wrap around and glue the ends.. that way your wrap around ribbon is very strongly glued to the inside of the bottle cap and you don't have to worry about it popping off
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlrnurse View Post
I go to the craft section at Wal-mart and I buy a bag of Elmer's FOAM BEADS. I buy the one with assorted shapes. There are 150 in one bag and I think they only cost a couple dollars. They are supposed to be to make little necklaces for girls and what not. But I put a drop of E6000 on one side then stick it to the bow, E6000 on the other side and stick the bottle cap to it. They are the perfect thickness, and perfect width so there is no cutting involved. I was just walking through with the kids one day asking myself the same question...what could I use? Then I found these. The best is they are super cheap!! I have never had a complaint. Also, yes I do still add the grosgrain ribbon to all of mine because I think it looks neater from the side to "hide the layers" in the stacked bows. HTH!
i don't think i've ever heard of those before.. i'm going to have to look next time i go to the store! cheaper is always better!!

thanks for all the ideas everyone! i'm going to try all of these ways and decide which one i like for myself.. thanks! just waiting on my bottle caps to get here first!
Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 10-30-2010, 07:27
CindyH67's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Illinois
Posts: 560
Default Re: bottlecap and flower loop bow??

I used foam cut into circles on the inside of mine.
__________________
Cindy
http://HookedOnCrafts.etsy.com
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Ribbon Slides--for 3/8' Ribbons 10pc 1/4' Birch Wood Dowel Rods For Korkers 20pc Glue Stick For Hair Bows, Hair Clips, Crafts Wood Burning Tool With 4 Tips--For Sealing Ribbon Ends French Barrettes-Silver 40pc Pastel Goody Ouchless No Metal Small Pony'Os-3.5',2MM Thick http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/tulle-tutu-orchid.jpg 6pc 1.75' Satin Rose for Scrapbooking, Hair Clips, Wedding-Combo mini-bow-tie-diy-bows-grosgrain-ribbon
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/my_ads/hip-girl-boutique-llc-twitter-100.jpg

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:43.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0
Hip Girl Boutique Instructions - Copyright © 2007

Ad Management by RedTyger