New products--small fold over bow card for craft show
Hipgirl 20pcs 1.75 Inch Hair Clips Barrettes--Boutique No Slip Grip Metal Babies Girls Todders Teens Women Grosgrain Ribbon Lined Single Prong Alligator Clip With Teeth, Assorted Beauty Accessories
HipGirl DIY Bulk Plain Craft Plastic Headbands--Create Individualized and Personalized Girls Women Hair Accessories (30pc 1/2" (11 mm) Inch Ivory Non - Tapered)
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/jewelboxballerina.gif
New products--hip girl clips
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/30mm-webbing-dk-pink.jpg
New products--daisy new colors

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 10-23-2010, 09:51

Default ? about hair bow tutorials

Hi, I am starting out with making hair bows. I do not want to buy more instructions/tutorials than I need. I see some people talk about how hard tuts are etc. Has anyone bought tuts from the following people, if yes, please let me know how you liked it/them. Thanks so much!

Doodlesbowtique

Birdsongbows

Allthefrillsboutique

Am I better off buying TNT instructions and templates? What tuts have you bought that you are happy with? Thanks!
Sponsored Links

Old 10-23-2010, 09:54

Default Re: ? about hair bow tutorials

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackiSG View Post
Hi, I am starting out with making hair bows. I do not want to buy more instructions/tutorials than I need. I see some people talk about how hard tuts are etc. Has anyone bought tuts from the following people, if yes, please let me know how you liked it/them. Thanks so much!

Doodlesbowtique

Birdsongbows

Allthefrillsboutique

Am I better off buying TNT instructions and templates? What tuts have you bought that you are happy with? Thanks!
I couldn't make a bow without my TNT templates - love 'em! I bought the funky loopy bow tutorial from Doodlesbowtique and it was fabulous - very easy to follow. HTH
Old 10-23-2010, 10:12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krysia View Post
I couldn't make a bow without my TNT templates - love 'em! I bought the funky loopy bow tutorial from Doodlesbowtique and it was fabulous - very easy to follow. HTH
Maybe I should get the TNT I just got the BBM and was very dissappointed. The largest you can make with it is a 4 inch which was called xl but in my world that is a large. I do a lot of 5 inch bows. What sizes can you make with the TNT.
Yvonne
Old 10-23-2010, 10:20

Quote:
Originally Posted by ydelaney View Post
Maybe I should get the TNT I just got the BBM and was very dissappointed. The largest you can make with it is a 4 inch which was called xl but in my world that is a large. I do a lot of 5 inch bows. What sizes can you make with the TNT.
Yvonne
Some examples:

Basic boutique, pinwheel, etc. - as big as the templates you get...you can make 7 inch bows if you want..

Twisted Boutique - The largest with these templates is a 4 inch bow - is that the one you were referring to? Also, with these, you can make itty bitty bows out of 3/8" ribbon, with a finished bow size of 1 1/2" (these are big sellers for me)
Old 10-23-2010, 10:23

Hi!
I sell instructions and it depends on what you prefer! When I started out, I learned with wire, and found I didn't enjoy it, so I switched to needle/thread. But, some people really enjoy wire.

I didn't even know there were templates "out there" when I started making bows several years ago, LOL. So I make them freehand, and like the freedom of it....and I teach them freehand with needle and thread. Since I'm a visual person and the boutique bow/twisted boutique method can be tough at first, I added a video that can be viewed once the purchase is made.

Think about how you would like to learn, and then read the listings and see if they meet your needs....you can always ask questions of the seller, too! Every good seller will be more than happy to help you with any concerns you have before the sale.

Deanna
www.birdsongbows.etsy.com
Old 10-23-2010, 10:27

I am also new to bow making and decided to go ahead and buy some instructions. I ordered from Doodles and was disappointed that there was no measurements that I could find. So I ordered the TNT and it is full of all the measurements.

Linda
Old 10-23-2010, 11:19

Even the basic bow is only 4 inches and there is no template for 3/8. I use the totts bomaker now but would like smaller handheld templates. Uggghh I knew I should have went with TNT
Yvonne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krysia View Post
Some examples:

Basic boutique, pinwheel, etc. - as big as the templates you get...you can make 7 inch bows if you want..

Twisted Boutique - The largest with these templates is a 4 inch bow - is that the one you were referring to? Also, with these, you can make itty bitty bows out of 3/8" ribbon, with a finished bow size of 1 1/2" (these are big sellers for me)
Old 10-24-2010, 12:15

Let me share my experience... Personally I havenīt bought any tutorial for ribbon bows. I purchase Lynnīs roses instructions but because I have certain experience in making bows...
All the tutorials I have found for free have been from making google search and believe I have learned a lot . I recomend you to look for tuts which includes pictures and better if they have videos...

Templates? I have done them in thick cardboard, but I donīt use them everytime. I think when you became expert or when you became wholesaler they can be useful, but while this process of learning try use what you have at hand.
Where I live we havenīt so much supplies so I try to make my bows handfree.
Old 10-24-2010, 08:50

I bought the tut from JustDaisy here in this forum and I think its great! I am a newbie and it is really easy to follow.
Old 10-24-2010, 09:55

I LOVE Doodlesboutique funky loopy bow instructions.

If you do not have any experience then instructions that come with the templates, like TNT might be a good idea. They will help you keep the bows uniformed. There are also instructions floating around on how to make your own templates.

I presonally prefer to free hand my bows.
Sponsored Links