New products--small fold over bow card for craft show
Hipgirl 20pcs 1.75 Inch Hair Clips Barrettes--Boutique No Slip Grip Metal Babies Girls Todders Teens Women Grosgrain Ribbon Lined Single Prong Alligator Clip With Teeth, Assorted Beauty Accessories
HipGirl DIY Bulk Plain Craft Plastic Headbands--Create Individualized and Personalized Girls Women Hair Accessories (30pc 1/2" (11 mm) Inch Ivory Non - Tapered)
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/jewelboxballerina.gif
New products--hip girl clips
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/30mm-webbing-dk-pink.jpg
New products--daisy new colors

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 10-26-2010, 03:03

Default Re: How much to charge

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoesmommy27 View Post
yeah these are three color ribbon, a 1 1/2 inch piece, a inch and then maybe a 7/8 inch. two loops with two tails, v cut at the end. attached to a pony
Just a suggestion when making cheer bows. I normally use a 2 1/4" base ribbon at minimum.

If the cheer gym you are working with is telling you that 1 1/2" base is what they want, then you have no other choice. It is my opinion though if you are going to do a three layer grosgrain bow, I would start with 2 1/4" base, 1 1/2" middle layer and a 5/8" top layer. Once done, it looks like braiding on a uniform. I put in a pic just to show you what I mean.

Using similar widths of ribbon does not allow for a lot of the colors to show through when doing a tails down bow. The sequin work I charge extra for, but all the layers in the bow are made with grosgrain and in the sizes I gave you above.

Good luck! I hope that helps.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Jr Pee Wee.jpg (37.5 KB, 28 views)
Sponsored Links

Old 10-26-2010, 03:53
zoesmommy27

how much would you charge for that type of bow with out the sequence? saying you were doing 180 of them?
Old 10-26-2010, 07:48

I agree with the calculation of how to figure out price, but wanted to add that the figure you come up with is the wholesale price. At a store with employees, inventory, other bills to pay, etc., (even an online store with employees) they would double it. So I wouldn't give any "discount," per se. I'd just say I was selling the bows at the wholesale price, and that should make them happy! If you sold the same bow to a store, the customer would pay up to twice what you're charging.

Deanna
www.birdsongbows.etsy.com
Old 10-27-2010, 07:54

Quote:
Originally Posted by birdsongbows View Post
I agree with the calculation of how to figure out price, but wanted to add that the figure you come up with is the wholesale price. At a store with employees, inventory, other bills to pay, etc., (even an online store with employees) they would double it. So I wouldn't give any "discount," per se. I'd just say I was selling the bows at the wholesale price, and that should make them happy! If you sold the same bow to a store, the customer would pay up to twice what you're charging.

Deanna
www.birdsongbows.etsy.com
I agree....I would not go any lower than $7.00 for a three layer plain grosgrain bow. If anything at all, I would give them a percentage off of the total price. If you give them money off per bow, you will be cutting yourself short at the end.

Your time and effort that goes into making the bows alone is well worth the $7.00 you would charge and they are getting a deal at that. Maybe give them a 5% discount on the total order price for placing their order with you.
Old 10-28-2010, 07:07
zoesmommy27

thank you so much for all the suggestions you guys are great!
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/whimsydoodlegraphics.gif