key fob hardware marabou cherry-blossom-silk-hair-flower 3/8" double ruffle ribbon free tutorial-bottle caps felt circle http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/3in-spike-18pc-set.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 10-22-2010, 03:11

Default How do you use double sided tape...

....to line your clips?
Do you add the tape to the ribbon first?
And how do you get them to line up perfectly without messing up?
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/jewelboxballerina-300.jpg
Old 10-22-2010, 05:28

Default Re: How do you use double sided tape...

I bought some a while back on here and liked it OK. I have lined my clips both ways, added to clip first and I added to a long line of GG ribbon, then lined clip. Someone on here suggested that. You have to make sure its lined up the first time, cause there is no taking it off. I'm still a little scared to line my clips with just tape, I put glue on the ends just to make sure. I have also lined headbands underneath for extra hold on my woven headbands.
Old 10-22-2010, 10:18

I have only used it on clippies and plastic headbands. I LOVE this stuff! The method that works best for me is this...
  • I put the roll of tape between my knees/legs and pull a little off at a time. I then attach the ribbon while holding the tape w/my legs. It keeps the tape nice and tight and you can line the ribbon easily (and see if its straight). I hope this makes sense...lol.....after I have a nice long strip lined, I take the woodburner and cut the ribbon in 4.25" sections. The woodburner doesn't cut through the "backing" of the tape, but it seals and cuts it so that when you're ready to use it, you just have to peel off however many pieces of ribbon you need! Works great!
Hopefully this wasn't too confusing...lol
Old 10-22-2010, 11:18

Yes, that made sense

You also reminded me that someone had mentioned to line the ribbon with the tape first but remove the paper as I go. I'm afraid if I remove all the paper at one time I'm going to get the ribbon stuck everywhere!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TutuFrilly View Post
I have only used it on clippies and plastic headbands. I LOVE this stuff! The method that works best for me is this...
  • I put the roll of tape between my knees/legs and pull a little off at a time. I then attach the ribbon while holding the tape w/my legs. It keeps the tape nice and tight and you can line the ribbon easily (and see if its straight). I hope this makes sense...lol.....after I have a nice long strip lined, I take the woodburner and cut the ribbon in 4.25" sections. The woodburner doesn't cut through the "backing" of the tape, but it seals and cuts it so that when you're ready to use it, you just have to peel off however many pieces of ribbon you need! Works great!
Hopefully this wasn't too confusing...lol
Old 10-22-2010, 03:12

no i use hotglue.. im always worried about the tape falling apart.

Mommy to Yasmin(10) , Daisy(4) Juan(3)
Old 10-22-2010, 06:21

Quote:
Originally Posted by daisyrose305 View Post
Yes, that made sense

You also reminded me that someone had mentioned to line the ribbon with the tape first but remove the paper as I go. I'm afraid if I remove all the paper at one time I'm going to get the ribbon stuck everywhere!
I do everything as I go, otherwise it would be a mess, but I only have to remove the paper from the tape when I go to line clips, the side of the tape that attaches to the ribbon doesn't have paper.
Old 10-22-2010, 06:40

I only use tape and have clips that were done about two years ago that get worn often and the tape is still stuck and looks nice. I can not for the life of me line a clips with hot glue, I have tried and tried with no luck. I love the tape and once you use it you will find what works best for you. I have ribbon cut to length then make a big long piece of ribbon on tape and cut them apart. I love that I can have a basket of prelined ribbon in the most popular colors that I can just grab and make a clip in a second when I need one.
Old 10-22-2010, 07:13

I don't think I will ever go back to using hot glue after double sided tape! The only way would be if the ribbon starts to come off the clip! To me it is much easier and neater than hot glue!
Old 10-22-2010, 07:32

Anything that doesn't get messy or burn my fingers like hot glue I will try LOL

I read here about the double sided tape but haven't use it yet. I guess I am a little scared
Old 10-22-2010, 10:47

I haven't been using tape for that long, but I haven't had any come off the clip yet. You could always put a dab of glue at the start and end of the ribbon when you line the clips?
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/whimsydoodlegraphics.gif