Hipgirl 40 Yards 3/8" Grosgrain Fabric Ribbon Set For Gift Package Wrapping, Hair Bow Clips & Accessories Making, Crafting, Sewing, Wedding Decor, Boy Girl Baby Shower-(20x2yd Solid Boutique Ribbons)
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/5-8-satin-autism-pinwheel-bow.jpg
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/glitter-ribbon-250.jpg
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/kanzashi-flower-butterfly-forum-ads.JPG
New product--1.8mm bottle cap hole punch

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 10-21-2010, 08:19

Default sculpture clippies

Those of you that make sculputures. Such as princess, santa, turkeys ect... What type of glue do you use? I am pretty sure glue gun. But how do you not make a mess. I am still very new to this, and don't think I will be tackling this soon. But this is definately something I want to try. But I tend to be a gooey mess.

Maybe this is another dumb question but is there a kind of glue gun you should use for more control. I have too and they are just the cheap kind.
Sponsored Links

HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
Old 10-21-2010, 10:31

Default Re: sculpture clippies

I have done most of mine using E6000. I have not had any of mine done with this glue come undone. After reading some posts from others who use a glue gun and talking about how much quicker it was, I tried it on several for my daughters. They started coming undone in just a couple of days. My others had gone for months being abused by my precious 4 year old with no problem. The glue gun I used was a high heat one, too.

My preference: the extra time with E6000.

Good luck.
Old 10-21-2010, 10:34

I use the cheap small nosed glue gun, never had an issue, they all stay together... I use both low heat and high heat... it takes practice to know how not to splatter the glue around...

Holiday, Princess, ballet shoes.....

ALL PROUDLY MADE IN THE U.S.A.
Old 10-21-2010, 10:40

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixiesmoon View Post
I use the cheap small nosed glue gun, never had an issue, they all stay together... I use both low heat and high heat... it takes practice to know how not to splatter the glue around...
I agree 100% : ).. although I do use E6000 when lining my clips
Old 10-21-2010, 10:45

I tend to jump in head first on things. I made not only my first one, but my first 6 in one night using the tinker belle tutorial posted on here as a guide to make some ballerina's for my daughters class last week. I did not think about using anything but hot glue for mine and they came out great. It does take practice with the hot glue, but it goes sooo much faster. They are by no means perfect, but as it was my first try and I was giving them away for free I think they turned out pretty good. If you like something give it a try that is how you learn after all.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 000 compressed.jpg (28.6 KB, 196 views)
Old 10-22-2010, 05:48

Quote:
Originally Posted by RileyRabbit View Post
I tend to jump in head first on things. I made not only my first one, but my first 6 in one night using the tinker belle tutorial posted on here as a guide to make some ballerina's for my daughters class last week. I did not think about using anything but hot glue for mine and they came out great. It does take practice with the hot glue, but it goes sooo much faster. They are by no means perfect, but as it was my first try and I was giving them away for free I think they turned out pretty good. If you like something give it a try that is how you learn after all.
I searched tinkerbell tut and didn't find anything. Do you remember what it was under? Ijust bought the cheerleader tut from NBNG, but I like the hair on your ballerina's better. Just trying to figure out how to do that. I'm sure its something I can figure out if I play with it.
Old 10-22-2010, 09:15

I use hot glue and I have an Aleenes ultimate hot glue gun. I think it cost around $25 use a Michaels coupon and get it cheeper. This glue gun has a smaller nozel and a slow flow switch that I seem to use all the time. I also make sure to buy glue that says it is for fabric and this holds very well for me.

I too was a gluey mess with other guns!
Old 10-22-2010, 09:17

What is an E6000? Is that a glue gun, or a type of glue in the bottle.

Those ballerinas were really good! I don't think my "first" ones will even be displayable! lOL!
Old 10-22-2010, 09:21

Quote:
Originally Posted by RileyRabbit View Post
Those are SUPER cute!!!
Old 10-22-2010, 10:11

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixiesmoon View Post
I also use a small nosed glue gun. Never had issues with them coming apart. Definitely takes practice to get the amount of glue you want and not make a mess
Sponsored Links
300-700-forum-banners
wholesale rompers, dresses, bloomers, hat, headbands, leg warmers, flower layers, tulle, boutique clothing and other craft supplies