http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/jewelboxballerina-800.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 10-21-2010, 08:55

Default Re: How to make bows????? I have answers!!!

My daughter would freak out over the hello kitty one lol it is too cute!! Great job. Do you freehand them? Wish I could find cute buttons too, I have trouble and none of stores really carry anything cute grrr

Last edited by txmom0410; 10-21-2010 at 08:55. Reason: spelling
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/large/portrait-editing-ads-700.jpg
Old 10-21-2010, 09:18

love your work!!! id like to know the same thing asked earlier. also what statch do you use??
Old 10-21-2010, 09:25

Those are beautiful bows! I think it is fantastic that you are offering to help.

I pulled all of my old bows out of the girls closet, and was going to throw 'em out, and one of my friends asked me for them. She took them home with her and I felt horribly guilty for days about it.
Old 10-21-2010, 10:26

LOL! First, THANK YOU EVERYONE FOR YOUR COMPLEMENTS! The other day I found one of my first bows(from 3 yrs ago) and I stared at it for 1 hr thinking is this really mine???? NO, COULDN't be?? How did I, where did I.....ewwwwwwwwwwww!!! LOL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetCheek View Post
Your bows are beautiful! Every time you post I drool! So, do you use a template or free hand for your twisted? What about your surround loops? Cut to the same size as your bow?
I free hand! I have never used templates. My surround loops I actually take the ribbon and actually around each loop and glue as I go. This is the best method for me. I do not precut any ribbon for surround loops.

Quote:
Originally Posted by karina721 View Post
I have two questions, how do you not get your bows to fold up and collapse onto each other? Mine always tends to want to bend in? I've tugged and pulled but still collapse in? Sometimes I get it but most of the time they bend? Making sense on this one?
And then if you free hand (I've been using templates), how do you know how to measure the surrounds? I have the surround template but it only comes in two sizes and then if I use my other templates for bows the surrounds don't fit. I wish the surrounds came in various sizes cuz making it with the template is easy.
Sorry for being long winded.
Your bows might be collapsing in because when you make sew them, tie them you are holding the bow backwards instead of rightup, so you thread or wire is pushing them in instead of out.

I answered the surround question above!

Quote:
Originally Posted by txmom0410 View Post
My daughter would freak out over the hello kitty one lol it is too cute!! Great job. Do you freehand them? Wish I could find cute buttons too, I have trouble and none of stores really carry anything cute grrr
The button is actually a resin or you can use an applique, we host buy on here for them or you can find them on ebay or etsy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilysmomma View Post
love your work!!! id like to know the same thing asked earlier. also what statch do you use??
I do not starch...I use hair spray and my blowdryer. Usually if you make the bow exactly how it is suppose to be made you do not even have to shape, just spray and dry. Occasionally I bake.

Keep asking and I will answer to the best of my knowledge.

Old 10-21-2010, 10:30

LMAO !! thank you but when i asked you that the other day, i meant it mine looks like hobby lobby threw up

taking pictures now

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustDaisy View Post
OKay so I thought it would be nice to help all those that ask me for advice on how to make bows.

TO be fair here is some of my first bows:

LMAO!!!!!!!!

and these are my bows now:

SO ASK AWAY.....anything you want help with I will try to answer!
Old 10-21-2010, 10:34

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessyAiden View Post
I LOVE YOUR WORK!!! I was at my God-Daughter's the other day and was looking at her bows to see what she needed and found some of the first ones I made still hanging on her bow holder! I tried to toss them out but my bestie wouldn't let me, she said "there is nothing wrong with them"!! I almost died they looked so bad!!
I have to agree, and I also try and do this when I go to my sisters, lol!
Old 10-21-2010, 10:37

What length of ribbon do you use for your 7/8 inch bows? Thanks for offering to help...your bows are awesome!

Sheila
Old 10-21-2010, 10:39

Quote:
Originally Posted by smwallace4 View Post
What length of ribbon do you use for your 7/8 inch bows? Thanks for offering to help...your bows are awesome!

Sheila
I use 14-17 inches depending on what my customer wants.

Old 10-21-2010, 10:42

ok so mine look like your first ones! Oh wow i love how those fold in like that, wish you would do pics of each step! Those are beautiful!
Old 10-21-2010, 10:48

do we get a throphy for most improved?

[this is my very FIRST BOW, i guess i was going for a cheer bow?] its sad that i was so excted after i finished this one]

this creepy crawler is my first korker LMAO

FYI.. these are still for sale, ill give you a great sale price LMAO

yay now the ones im proud of