New product--2.5' Mini Korker Bows
Hip girl boutique 50mm grosgrain ribbon wrapped snap clips for baby girl, toddler, infant, newborn, adult, women, school http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/Shabby-frayed-chiffon-flowers-turq.JPG
new products--dippin dots mini pinwheel bow
hip girl boutique christmas grosgrain satin ribbon collection for holidays

HipGirl Boutique Girls Women 6" Jumbo Large Cheer Bow Elastic Hair Tie Ponytail Holder for High School College Cheerleading (10pc Assorted Solids)

HipGirl 25pc Hair Bow Clips Headbands Gift Basket: Grosgrain Korker Ribbon Alligator Clips + Crochet, Ribbon Wrapped Headbans, For Girls Babies Teens Kids Toddlers Adults. For Pigtails, Ponytails

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 10-18-2010, 10:41

Default Any Idea how to make this cheer bow?

If anybody has any idea how to make this cheer bow or has a tutorial that I can buy, please help. I have a cheer coach who wants something like this.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg switch-kick-rhinestones_1.jpg (14.0 KB, 95 views)
Sponsored Links
Old 10-18-2010, 10:43

Default Re: Any Idea how to make this cheer bow?

I'm sorry I'm no help with a tut or how to make it other than it looks like a lot of layers fused together.

OMG that looks like a lot of work!
Old 10-18-2010, 10:50

It looks like 2 different sections to me... I need help!!! Fast!
Old 10-18-2010, 11:40

NoBowNOGo has a tut for cheer bows. It's very helpful.
Old 10-18-2010, 11:52

It all looks like fabric to me. Lame for the blue and chiffon for the zebra. It may have a white 2 1/4" or 3" gg for the base and then the fabrics are probably pressed/ironed on with no sew adhesive. When I make my cheer bows that include lame, I always wrap it under to insure it stays. Lame tends to roll around the cut edge.
Old 10-18-2010, 11:55

I wanna make it out of grossgrain ribbon, with burnt orange and zebra print.

What is lame? LoL I'm dumb I know!

I know how to make the cheer bow, I just dont know how to get half with the zebra print and half without
Old 10-19-2010, 12:03

Quote:
Originally Posted by Materialgirlbowtique View Post
I wanna make it out of grossgrain ribbon, with burnt orange and zebra print.

What is lame? LoL I'm dumb I know!

I know how to make the cheer bow, I just dont know how to get half with the zebra print and half without
Devon tells you how to do that in her tut.
Old 10-19-2010, 12:08

if you have some time to play go to the fabric store and buy some heat n bond I think that is what it is called. I used to use it ages ago when I would cut out fabric patterns iron on a sweatshirt and seal with puffy paint. (think 80's early 90's) I remember being able to iron on the heat n bond and then cut out my pattern then iron on the cut piece to the sweatshirt. I would try that with the ribbon. Cut one and iron it on to the other. Then make your bow.

Hope that makes sense. Good luck
Old 10-19-2010, 08:15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Materialgirlbowtique View Post
It looks like 2 different sections to me... I need help!!! Fast!
You are absolutely right. It is two separate sections. The solid section is Metallic Spandex (called Mystic). The other section is also spandex. The Mystic mention before and an animal print spandex. They are available at some fabric shops. However, I find that www.syfabrics.com, www.spandexworld.com and www.spandexhouse.com all carry a wide variety of spandex material and usually have what I am looking for and for less.

The cutout on the solid side is done by machine (sizzix). I do not have one so I am not exactly sure how it works. I believe that I remember someone mentioning they did theirs with a cookie cutter and cut them out by hand.

The wave on the other side is done using a template (for consistency). There is no tutorial as far as I know, you just have to try and work at it until you're happy with the wave. Once done, I believe someone mentioned they they went to a glass shop and had templates cut using plexi glass.

I have not done either of the things I mentioned, I am just sharing the info that I found on this forum to make it easy for you.

Hope that helps. Good Luck!
Old 10-19-2010, 08:24

Ok - this might sound strange, but I might almost attempt to print my own ribbon for that one. Do a zebra print on a 1.5 template and then cut it with the wave in it, iron on to your satin ribbon or grograin, and then lay your strip of blue along the edge in the middle. And then you would have to deal with fusing the blue and the 2 ribbons in the back, and doing the star. Same thing - cut with a Cricut, fuse on your ribbon and hotfix gems around it. This bow is a LOT of work - I hope you would charge $20 - $25 for each!!!!!! Dev's tut is great BTW!!! Will help you to figure out how to do the back.
Sponsored Links