new products--lined 30mm snap clips--printed grosgrain ribbon
Offray Dr. Seuss Craft Ribbon: 18 Feet 7/8 Inch Satin Fabric Craft Ribbon For Gift Package Wrapping,Hairbow Clips,Sewing,Wedding,Scrapbook,Boy Girl Baby Shower-(2x3yd Thing One Thing Two New Fish)
New products--paper bow cards
New product--clear shopping bags
New products--7/8' peace sign ribbon
Hipgirl 36 Yards 1/8" Satin Fabric Ribbon Set, Double Face For Gift Package Wrapping, Double Bar Barrette Clip Making, Crafting, Sewing, Wedding Decor, Boy Girl Baby Shower-(18x2yd Boutique Ribbons)
new products--gymbo dot grosgrain mini bows-diy
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/20pc-korker-ribbon-combo.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 10-18-2010, 04:59

Default Re: Is there a market for bows for Dogs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by yorkiemom View Post
Funny because I started out with making show bows for dogs since I was showing my yorkie and I had several people ask me to do some for their kids which were Jr. Handlers so that is how I got into making girly bows. I love doing doggie bows, espeically the show ones, people don't blink an eye to pay $12 to $15 at shows.

I own a dog grooming supply and sell lots of dog bows...and found hg for creative support and in the last year have launch a separate company of people hair bows because similar thing LOL...plus I have 2 girls and love making stuff for them. Oh want a yorkie soooooo bad...I show my chinese crested :-)
Sponsored Links
Old 10-18-2010, 06:32

I think there is definitely a market for cute, good quality bows. The few bows I see at Petsmart are so tacky looking. I have a short-haired chihuahua that doesn't have enough fur for a rubber band or clip to grasp onto. I think it would be adorable to make a cute collar or something similar to a crochet headband (only smaller for the neck) that has a bow or flower.
Good luck and I would love to hear if you decide to start selling online!
Old 10-18-2010, 06:43

Wow! Thanks everyone for the tips and support. I spoke with a good friend of mine who's husband is a vet. She says that this is a very good idea! Especially for the new generation of dog owners that love the bling! I have a few orders of human hair bows to do... and then I'm going to try my hand at dog bows. Even if they are just super simple ones at first. I just have to have some type of plan. I think I'm going to call around town to all of the doggy day cares/grooming salons and see what they have to say. I have never had good luck with Etsy because the Etsy market is so saturated with hair bows... Not so sure if that's the case with Doggie bows. I might have to try it out on Etsy and see... and of course, I will promote on my facebook page. Thank you all so much! Very helpful!
Stephanie
Happy Hair Ditties & Other What-Nots
Old 10-19-2010, 05:51

I recently sold several pairs of bows to a lady after seeing her dog and showing her some of my DD's bows...I have also made a specific style of 'bow' (not really a bow though lol) for horses.

Good luck to you and your new venture.

Cheers Rubes
Old 10-19-2010, 10:51

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsGeorgia View Post
I think there is definitely a market for cute, good quality bows. The few bows I see at Petsmart are so tacky looking. I have a short-haired chihuahua that doesn't have enough fur for a rubber band or clip to grasp onto. I think it would be adorable to make a cute collar or something similar to a crochet headband (only smaller for the neck) that has a bow or flower.
Good luck and I would love to hear if you decide to start selling online!

You can slide any bows on bands onto the collar for a cute collar bow :-)
Old 10-19-2010, 12:35

What type of clip do you use? I just had someone ask me to make bows for their dogs.
Old 10-19-2010, 06:42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie's Creations View Post
What type of clip do you use? I just had someone ask me to make bows for their dogs.
I asked the lady if she wanted bands on hers but she requested Alligator clips.

Cheers Rubes
Old 10-20-2010, 01:48

Rubes- That is awesome that you make "bows" for horses! I could see where that could be a big money maker for show horses. I know someone that breeds the Percheron Draft horses and they always have pretty stuff weaved into the horse's mane and tail- and they usually cut the tail short. The owner gets so irritated because HE has to make all of the pretty hair stuff for the shows and can't find anyone who makes that stuff for a reasonable price.
Thanks again everyone for your input! I'll let you know how it goes... I'm excited!
Stephanie
Old 10-20-2010, 12:10

Yes, there is. When I first started thinking about doing this as a business, I had MULTIPLE people suggest that I make bows for dogs. I started doing research and there are so many expensive dog accessories. There is even a store in my city that sells only doggie attire and accessories, like doggie VonDutch hoodies and really cute doggie patent leather sandals.

I plan on making bows for dogs as well.
Sponsored Links