Free Instructions---------Free Instructions----------Free Instructions-----------Free Instructions.
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/ribbon-korker-hair-bow-clip-instructions-sm.jpg
New Instructions--How to make braided/woven headband instruction
New Instructions--How to make hair bow gift basket
Free Hair Bow Instructions-Snail
Free Hair Bow Instructions--Christmas Tree
http://hipgirlclips.com/forums/xw-instruction-images/bee/bumble%20bee%20sm.jpg

New products--grosgrain ribbon mini bows

http://hipgirlclips.com/forums/xw-instruction-images/rainbow-ribbon-dragonfly-hair-clips-free-tutorial/dragonfly-rainbow.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 10-17-2010, 09:24

Default Double layered tutu

Would someone please tell me how to make a double layered tutu? I'm confused as to how there's two colors on one piece of elastic to give one color on top and another on the bottom. Totally clueless. Thanx.
Sponsored Links
Old 10-21-2010, 09:55

Default Re: Double layered tutu

i've been wondering the exact same thing.. i can make the regular tutus, but not those, and i've spent HOURS searching the internet trying to find free instructions for them!
Old 10-21-2010, 05:06

my thoughts are that you would do your no sew tutu in one color in the shorter length and then instead of knotting on the elastic, you would turn inside out and loop tulle through the actual tulle knot (like between the elastic and tulle) and do a square knot. Make that tulle longer..so when you turn back you have it behind your tulle and its the base and then your top color on the outside.

Ok, that doesnt explain well. LOL It sounds right in my head.
Old 10-22-2010, 10:06

You need to use the up and down method.
Take your first colour tulle and knot using a slip knot.
Turn the elastic round so the first knot is now facing up.
Take the 2nd colour tulle and knot again using a slip knot, you will now have the first colour facing up and the 2nd facing down.
Turn again and repeat.
You will finish with one colour on the bottom and one on the top.
When its complete just pull the upper layer down and you have a double layered tutu.
I use one piece of tulle at a time and pack as much tulle on as I can for a really full tutu.
Hope that helps!
Old 10-22-2010, 10:31

actually that makes alot of sense. thanks! i will be trying this asap =)
Old 10-23-2010, 12:57

I'm going to try to explain this... let me know if it doesn't make sense...

1) Cut your tulle strips whatever length you would normally.
2) Hook them together at both of their midpoints (like- make a + out of them and then pull both ends of one color one way and both ends of the other color the other way... sheesh-did that make sense?)
3) Put the joined part at the BACK side of your elastic, then knot it on the front, making sure your colors are the same direction each time.

So, if you used red and green, all your red would be on top all your green would be on bottom... so you'd just flip it over.

I think I saw this as a "how to make and extra full tutu" tutorial, or something (because it gives you 4 pieces of tulle per knot instead of the usual 2)... years ago (I haven't made a tutu in at least 2 years).

Sincerely HTH!!! Let me know. MK
Old 10-23-2010, 02:51

yeah that makes perfect sense the way you explained it! hmm i'm going to have to try that way too! hopefully i can get around to it sometime within the next week.. i'll try both & let you all know which way works the best! thanks so much!
Old 10-26-2010, 05:40

These sounds easy, thanks for the instructions but i was wondering how to make them with like a 3rd layer/color...would you use the same technique??
Old 10-26-2010, 05:44

I keep meaning to try this. there should be extra hours in the day!
Old 10-27-2010, 01:11

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmemommy View Post
These sounds easy, thanks for the instructions but i was wondering how to make them with like a 3rd layer/color...would you use the same technique??
yeah i saw a really cute candy corn type halloween tutu with 3 dif layers.. but i figured i'd better get the 2 layer down first
Sponsored Links
300-700-forum-banners
wholesale rompers, dresses, bloomers, hat, headbands, leg warmers, flower layers, tulle, boutique clothing and other craft supplies