http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/digital-image-editing%20-%20gallery.jpg
Saddle Stitch Ribbon
new products--1/4' plastic headbands
New colors--3/8' party dot and gymbo dot grosgrain ribbon
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/horse-grosgrain-ribbon-029.jpg
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/apple-grosgrain-ribbon-combo.jpg
New product--3/8' wrapped headband
new clearance items

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 10-28-2010, 09:33

Default Re: Double layered tutu

You do not have to spread them. Put your pink layer on. I would use for example 50 yards of tulle on my pink layer. Keep the strips of tulle very close. You want your knots as small as possible. After you get that layer on, you will see the white spaces of your elastic. That is where you will place the white. It is basically a filler.

Then you will put the purple where you see spaces between the pink and white. Hope this helps.
Sponsored Links
Old 10-28-2010, 09:34

Quote:
Originally Posted by mum2tianna View Post
lol I tried last night, my two layer didn't turn out very two layerish...I'll have to try again.
i'm going to be trying mine today.. we'll see how it goes! hopefully well lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilmisstutu View Post
All of my tutus are triple layered. You can mix the colors or each layer can be a color.

Start by knotting your first layer as low as you possibly can on the elastic without the knot being on the inside. Then you made the next layer in the middle of the elastic (in between the bottom layer knots) Then I add a third layer towards the top of the elastic. Again you knot in between the previous layer. You do not have to turn it upside down or anything. You just layer it.
wow, your tutus are GORGEOUS!! what size elastic do you use? i normally use 1/2", but i donn't know if that would be wide enough to do something like this? so do you knot beside the first layer knots but just angled differently or within the first knots? i kind of think i know what you're talking about though..

on a different note, does anyone sell their double or triple layer tutus? how do you price them? like twice as much as regular tutus? i'm new to all of this kind of stuff but i'm going to a craft show in a few weeks and plan on hopefully making some multilayer tutus to sell...
Old 10-28-2010, 09:35

Quote:
Thank you. It took a lot of trial and error. Once you get the concept and try it, you will firgure a way that works best for you. I like this because it gives me a very slim waist band and you can not see my knots because one layer covers the next.

I made this one last night. The picture is bad but my batteries dies in my camera and I had to use my phone.
Whoa...

That tutu is seriously gorgeous!!

I've read this thread, but I have no idea what anyone is talking about lol Does this type of tutu use 3 different pieces of elastic? (I really have no clue at all!).
Old 10-28-2010, 10:58

I use 1in elastic. Also, I only use the ribbed braided. It is a more stiff and really holds the shape. I sell my tutu's. I am just getting started but the black and pink with the bow in the photo goes for $25. The christmas one I posted goes for $35. It also has a matching hair bow.

I started my little business because people were charging outragous prices for very thin plain tutu's. Even my $15 one color cheeky has 3 layers. I also sell sets for $50. It is the tutu, bow, and shirt.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg il_570xN.177563725.jpg (41.7 KB, 447 views)
Old 10-28-2010, 12:31

Quote:
I use 1in elastic. Also, I only use the ribbed braided. It is a more stiff and really holds the shape. I sell my tutu's. I am just getting started but the black and pink with the bow in the photo goes for $25. The christmas one I posted goes for $35. It also has a matching hair bow.

I started my little business because people were charging outragous prices for very thin plain tutu's. Even my $15 one color cheeky has 3 layers. I also sell sets for $50. It is the tutu, bow, and shirt.
Your tutus are adorable! I love all of them. Do they sell well at craft shows?
Old 10-28-2010, 12:55

I have my first craft show this weekend. I am excited and stressed at the same time.
Old 10-28-2010, 10:25

I used a crochet headband for several that I made - put one layer on the top and then one layer on the bottom of the headband. This also allowed the tutu to be reversible. I did a purple and white layer on the top and then a purple and black layer on the bottom. She was going to use one side for Halloween and then more "pretty" for later on when Purple and white with hints of black.
Old 10-28-2010, 10:32

great job on all the tutus..just beautiful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxygirlcrafts View Post
I used a crochet headband for several that I made - put one layer on the top and then one layer on the bottom of the headband. This also allowed the tutu to be reversible. I did a purple and white layer on the top and then a purple and black layer on the bottom. She was going to use one side for Halloween and then more "pretty" for later on when Purple and white with hints of black.
How creative! Good for you!

And welcome to the forum

Marking, have been trying to figure this out. I love how the one looks I made on the crochet hb, but don't want to sell it because I have heard people saying they stretch out and I don't want someone to pay good money and then not be able to wear it. Lilmisstutu yours are ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS!!!
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/whimsydoodlegraphics.gif