New product--2.5' Mini Korker Bows
Hip girl boutique 50mm grosgrain ribbon wrapped snap clips for baby girl, toddler, infant, newborn, adult, women, school http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/Shabby-frayed-chiffon-flowers-turq.JPG
new products--dippin dots mini pinwheel bow
hip girl boutique christmas grosgrain satin ribbon collection for holidays

HipGirl Boutique Girls Women 6" Jumbo Large Cheer Bow Elastic Hair Tie Ponytail Holder for High School College Cheerleading (10pc Assorted Solids)

HipGirl 25pc Hair Bow Clips Headbands Gift Basket: Grosgrain Korker Ribbon Alligator Clips + Crochet, Ribbon Wrapped Headbans, For Girls Babies Teens Kids Toddlers Adults. For Pigtails, Ponytails

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 10-15-2010, 01:20

Default Is this normal?

I just got some flowers today along with some other stuff. Almost all the flowers are bent. Do they always come this way? Someone told me to soak them in water and I also read to blow dry the layers. Do you ladies always go through this just to get a nice looking flower? I am sad I now have to do this, in addition to paying for them now I have to fix them. Any tips for making my life easier?? TIA
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/jewelboxballerina-300.jpg
Old 10-15-2010, 01:23

Default Re: Is this normal?

Unfortunately it's pretty normal. Depends on where you order from, but lots of places don't take care in their shipping ~ or they were a big messed up to start with and they just pass them along.

I use steam to refluff mine. I blast them with steam from my iron and reshape with my fingers.

Good luck!
Old 10-15-2010, 01:29

Quote:
Originally Posted by ah4185 View Post
Unfortunately it's pretty normal. Depends on where you order from, but lots of places don't take care in their shipping ~ or they were a big messed up to start with and they just pass them along.

I use steam to refluff mine. I blast them with steam from my iron and reshape with my fingers.

Good luck!
Ditto the steam...be careful not to burn yourself though...YOUCH!

Jennifer
Another crafty stay at home mom~www.3aminspirations.com
Old 10-15-2010, 01:36

Yup most people will use the steam from an iron or the blow dryer. I order daisies direct from china and you should see how they come packed if you break open the box you will never get them back in by yourself.

Lace Rompers/Pant/Bloomers/Hats, Rosette Ribbon NEW COLORS, Rosette Mesh Trim, Shabby Chiffon Flowers, Glitter Elastic Are Now In STOCK..more items coming soon.
www.ohsweetbabyboutiquewholesale.com
Facebook Group
http://www.facebook.com/groups/432068236823110/
Old 10-15-2010, 02:02

Yep Normal...If they are not glued together I take a low setting with the iron and fix the layers. I had some white/black zebra's that were really bad but at least they weren't glued together! If they're glued together steam does a great job like the other ladies said.
Old 10-15-2010, 02:49

Thank you ladies. They do have a rhinestone already glued on, I am going to have to pry it off and try to steam or blowdry to fix them. The green plastic is still on the back though. And I think they just came that way, they were still in the cellophane bag that they obviously come from the supplier in. This is only my second time buying flowers. The first place I got them from they were not crushed at all. But they obviously had taken them and glued them all together already. Still learning.

ETA: Again thank you! The steam is taking too long for me but blow drying seems to work perfectly! You should have seen me this morning, when I opened the package I was having a panic attack on how bent they were, LOL. Now they are perfect. And the zebra fabric is really quite beautiful, once they are shaped right! Thanks for helpin' a newbie out.

Last edited by Matt'nNat; 10-15-2010 at 03:28.
Old 10-15-2010, 04:39

I use the blow dryer to remove the rhinestones if I want to add a different center, get rid of glue strings and also to reshape them.

Wife to Rod and Momma to Tyreque, Ladaria, Raquel, Brayana, Destini, Jaleel, Makkiah, Taniyah and Cavelle along with my angel in heaven Angie and 85 foster kids who have left imprints on my heart
All Ribboned Out Remember Me Pillows to Remember your loved one whose far away
Old 10-15-2010, 05:19

I use my iron on the silk setting. If the stones are already glued I just do my best to avoid them with the iron.
Old 10-15-2010, 10:03

Man all that prying of rhinestones..my thumb is ready to fall off! lol. But they look great.
Old 10-15-2010, 10:15

I'm pretty easy to please... and I am very understanding but I received some flowers that i desperately needed for a show and got them 3 days into the 5 day show and they were smooshed, smashed, missing petals, stones, and i was missing about 15 flowers I guess I have been lucky because all of my flowers I have gotten which is way over 1000 have been in great shape I got some of them from KHOFKAMP? i think thats her name on here... but I sent this newest order back because of the shape they were in plus they were NOT the flowers I chose from the color chart and I was not informed they were going to be different flowers... these were not from khofkamp... but I don't have time to readjust things... I hate complaining but I don't think I should have to fix something I just bought..
Sponsored Links