http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/rock-star-ribbon-offray-7-8-satin.jpg   http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/7-8-flower-grosgrain-ribbon.JPG Tested! Snap Clips Shipping Supplies Alligator Clips--Silver E-6000 http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/5-8-hello-kitty-satin-ribbon-orchid.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 10-14-2010, 07:58

Default Purchasing ribbon

I live in Southern California (East end of Los Angeles County) and was hoping someone might know where to buy quality, but inexpensive ribbon. I am sure there is ribbon in the garment district in downtown Los Angeles, however, other than walking all of the blocks, I have no idea where to look.

Anyone out there have any ribbon places?
Sponsored Links
Old 10-14-2010, 11:09

Default Re: Purchasing ribbon

I know United Craft is in L.A. area

http://www.unitedcraftus.com
Old 10-14-2010, 11:11

I think United Bead is in LA area. I know I have seen some of the ladies on here say they have gone to their store.

But i am in the middle of corn fields in IL so I do not have first hand experience.
Old 10-14-2010, 11:12

Yes it is on 7th street and San Pedro.. AWESOME place. There are other places, but I have yet to check them out. eventually I will....

Holiday, Princess, ballet shoes.....

ALL PROUDLY MADE IN THE U.S.A.
Old 10-15-2010, 02:18

Thanks! I will check out all of them out. A special thanks to pixiesmoon. Having a starting point in LA is certainly a plus! I was not looking forward to walking throughout the entire garment district in hopes to locate ribbon.

Ordering on line, especially for plain grosgrain, satin, and organza, I order from International Gifts. They are very in expensive! It kills me that I have to pay shipping though when their wharehouse is located in Ontario...only a 20 minute or so drive from my home. Unfortunately they don't allow pick-ups.

Again, thanks for the great info and quick responses!
Old 10-21-2010, 06:55

If you are coming up 5(S) it is a cinch to get to. The 7th street exit is on the left side. Just go straight and it is down about 2 miles on your right side. It is in a bit of a rough part of town, so park out front, and bring company.... Last time I was there, a transvestite prostitute was working hard to sell her/his goods... The ladies at the store are VERY helpful. They will let you know how many to buy of each product to get some awesome deals! I go everytime I visit my family. Bring lots of extra money! First time I went I spent over $300, and I just do bows as a hobby..lol. Have fun!
~Janet~ Bow Hobbyist, retired WAHM.... When we move out of the way and give the Lord room to stand in our lives He will glorify Himself in us ~Isaiah 60:13
Old 11-02-2010, 05:13

Thanks! You are talking baout the blue building, right? If so, I went there about 2 weeks ago and what great prices! The fact I don't have to finally pay for shipping is an added bonus.
Old 11-02-2010, 08:11

Katies Creations- what is the website for international gifts? I googled it but I wasn't able to find anything about ribbon...
Thanks
Stephanie
Old 11-04-2010, 12:50

the website is giftsintl.com