New products--peelnstick double-sided-tape for lining clips
http://www.thehairbowcompany.com/assets/images/affiliateBanners/affiliateBanner3.jpg
hip girl boutique 1" metallic gold gliter sparkle ribbon
hip girl boutique grosgrain ribbon wrapped headbands for girls women baby toddler
hip girl boutique goody ponytail pigtail holder for women girl toddler baby

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 10-12-2010, 05:01

Default Bottle cap resin

Alright, So I obviously did something wrong. I used the Et lite (?) I think that is it. The good stuff lol.

Anyway, I got a cookie sheet, placed it in tin foil, then I put a piece of wax paper on it, I laid out my 46 bottle caps and then I did my mixing and so forth. I put the resin on my bottle caps, and from there they look perfect, excpet I have one huge sheet because my resin all connected together...How do I break them apart without ruining the bottle caps, and how do I keep this from happening next time? I guess I put too much? Even at that, when I did one, one time I had to cut the excess off...does it need to be on a raised surface? if so what?
Sponsored Links

Old 10-12-2010, 06:52

Default Re: Bottle cap resin

you probally put to much, when i do mine i stir with a popsicle stick and that is what i apply with also. just dip it into the cup and then drip it onto the top of the cap making sure not to drip on the sides or if i do to wipe it off. some ladies use a paint bursh to paint it on the tops.
Old 10-12-2010, 06:55

Ohhh...see I was trying to get it on the sides too...to give it all that glossy look.hmmmm
Old 10-12-2010, 09:04

a while ago this lady i think she was on here had made this lil stand thing where she had wooden sticks stuck into something to make them stand and she would put her caps on the ends and pour the resin over them and it would drip dry, i sould need a million of them things thou cause i do large orders sometimes lol!!!
Old 10-13-2010, 10:16

I use a medicine syringe to apply my resin! So far so good! I just have to be careful my resin gets even! Ive had some that has dried thicker on one side, but that may be from where I sat my cookie sheet!
Old 10-13-2010, 10:39

yeah I remember seeing that lady made a stand with thick dowels standing up to put the caps onto...if you had a crafty hubby and he could cut you a bunch of prolly 2 inch chunks of 3/4" dowel and then you could either screw them to a permanent cookie sheet or board or glue them to one I suppose too..
Sponsored Links