New product--flat back resin
Hipgirl 40 Yards 3/8" Grosgrain Fabric Ribbon Polka Dot Set For Gift Package Wrapping, Hair Bow Clips & Accessories Making, Crafting, Sewing, Wedding Decor, Boy Girl Baby Shower-20x2yd Swiss Polka Dot
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/banners/heatnbond-lt-ad.jpg
New product--frog grosgrain ribbon
New product--5/8' dippin' dots grosgrain ribbon
New product--pop dots

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 10-11-2010, 05:21

Default Pacifier Clips... Several Questions..

I'm wanting to make a monogrammed pacifier clip for a friend that's having a baby in the next month or so... I have a lady monogramming the fabric for me, but I was wondering how to actually make the pacifier clip? Does anyone know of a good tutorial? I saw one posted on here, but it was in a zip file and my computer doesn't open those... I know how to cover the button, but how do you attach the ribbon to the button? Also, what goes on the back of the button to attach the paci clip to the child's outfit? One more question... What do you do to the bottom of the ribbon to attach the ribbon to the actual paci itself? Thanks sooooooo much for your help!
"For from Him and through Him and to Him are all things. To Him be the glory forever." Romans 11:36
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/large/portrait-editing-ads-700.jpg
Old 10-11-2010, 07:47
Banned

Default Re: Pacifier Clips... Several Questions..

What do you mean your computer doesn't open zipfiles? Do you have a MAC? you should be able to right click on it and extract all or open it from my computer and extract all.
Old 10-11-2010, 07:52

my computer didn't come with a zip reader for some reason. i've used this free download for a few years now http://download.cnet.com/ZIP-Reader/...-10228628.html
Old 10-11-2010, 11:55

Not sure if you can open this up, but I came across this site while looking for pacifier clip tutorials. I thought it looked very clear and informative. Haven't had a chance to try it out yet. Good luck, and post pics when you are done!

http://digistitches.com/free-sewing-.../prod_253.html
Old 10-12-2010, 05:10

I acutally make and sell pacifier clips and here's how I do it. I use 12 in. of ribbon and seal the ends. For the clip end, I use the types of clips that go on name badges and fold the ribbon through the hole. I then secure it with a groment (sp?) punch. On the paci end, I use my punch again to attach a snap set to the ribbon. I also sell them personalized and put the letters on a keyring and attach it to the clip end before securing it. Hope this helps some!
Old 10-12-2010, 11:48

Quote:
Originally Posted by lissapell View Post
What do you mean your computer doesn't open zipfiles? Do you have a MAC? you should be able to right click on it and extract all or open it from my computer and extract all.
I try to open them and it says I have to pay for the program... I have a PC

Quote:
Originally Posted by blondie View Post
my computer didn't come with a zip reader for some reason. i've used this free download for a few years now http://download.cnet.com/ZIP-Reader/...-10228628.html
Thank you! I'll try to download it now

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetietie View Post
Not sure if you can open this up, but I came across this site while looking for pacifier clip tutorials. I thought it looked very clear and informative. Haven't had a chance to try it out yet. Good luck, and post pics when you are done!

http://digistitches.com/free-sewing-.../prod_253.html
That's the one I found where I needed to open up the zip file Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlroberts View Post
I acutally make and sell pacifier clips and here's how I do it. I use 12 in. of ribbon and seal the ends. For the clip end, I use the types of clips that go on name badges and fold the ribbon through the hole. I then secure it with a groment (sp?) punch. On the paci end, I use my punch again to attach a snap set to the ribbon. I also sell them personalized and put the letters on a keyring and attach it to the clip end before securing it. Hope this helps some!
Thank you! When you're talking about using name badges, I'm trying to think of the whole... Do you happen to have a picture?
"For from Him and through Him and to Him are all things. To Him be the glory forever." Romans 11:36
Old 10-12-2010, 12:53

Thanks ladies, this was very helpful, my plans for tonite was to start making some. There are alot of tutorials on the interest - if you just search - "how to make pacifier clips" - last night, I printed several of them.
Sponsored Links