http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/digital-image-editing%20-%20gallery.jpg
Saddle Stitch Ribbon
new products--1/4' plastic headbands
New colors--3/8' party dot and gymbo dot grosgrain ribbon
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/horse-grosgrain-ribbon-029.jpg
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/apple-grosgrain-ribbon-combo.jpg
New product--3/8' wrapped headband
new clearance items

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 10-11-2010, 04:55

Default E6000

someone just gave me a tip for using this on tutu's , but im new to the product so wondered what you all use it for?
Sponsored Links

HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
Old 10-11-2010, 08:54

Default Re: E6000

I use E6000 to glue bows to flip flops since it glues them better than hot glue. I think you can use it for anything it has a strong hold.

But I am sure the talented ladies in this forum will give you more advice than me... I am sort of a newbie to bow making
Old 10-12-2010, 07:44

Thanks hun im new to all this too! wondering wether i cud use them for hair clips? hmmm
Old 10-12-2010, 08:25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arabesque View Post
Thanks hun im new to all this too! wondering wether i cud use them for hair clips? hmmm
I wouldn't want to use the E6000 for lining clips just because it's more expensive than hot glue and takes forever to set up. It works great for putting resins, bottlecaps, buttons, etc on the center of the bow. If you were to use it to put the bow on the clip you'd have to either sit and hold it or wrap something around it to hold it in place while it cures.
Old 10-12-2010, 08:57

Smile Re: E6000

No matter what you do with E6000 make sure you use it in a well ventilated area. The smell will knock you for a loop.
Old 10-12-2010, 09:20

Quote:
Originally Posted by bstimpert View Post
I wouldn't want to use the E6000 for lining clips just because it's more expensive than hot glue and takes forever to set up. It works great for putting resins, bottlecaps, buttons, etc on the center of the bow. If you were to use it to put the bow on the clip you'd have to either sit and hold it or wrap something around it to hold it in place while it cures.
oo thank you! was thinking of fabric tac too - is this any good?
Old 10-12-2010, 09:31

Quote:
oo thank you! was thinking of fabric tac too - is this any good?
I use fabrictac for a variety of things but not for lining clips - I did not have luck with the ribbon staying attached to the metal. It gives way over time. I use it for starting my woven headbands, attaching the padded appliques to lined clips.
Old 10-12-2010, 10:03

Quote:
someone just gave me a tip for using this on tutu's , but im new to the product so wondered what you all use it for?
I've used it when making certain kinds of cheer bows, when fabric is involved usually, or when attaching fabric-bonded-ribbon to another ribbon. Never ever use with white or other pale ribbon, as it will "leak" through and you will be able to see the glue...

Initially, its hard to work with, but once you get used to it, things go pretty smoothly!

Good luck!
Old 10-12-2010, 01:50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gulana94 View Post
No matter what you do with E6000 make sure you use it in a well ventilated area. The smell will knock you for a loop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blkhawkfan View Post
I've used it when making certain kinds of cheer bows, when fabric is involved usually, or when attaching fabric-bonded-ribbon to another ribbon. Never ever use with white or other pale ribbon, as it will "leak" through and you will be able to see the glue...

Initially, its hard to work with, but once you get used to it, things go pretty smoothly!

Good luck!
I agree, the fumes are really strong. My husband complained when I used it. He said it made the house stink. Of course, at the time he said it, I didn't smell it. Guess I was used to inhaling the fumes.

Like Blkhawkfan says, it does tend to bleed through light colored grosgrain ribbons. However, it is hands down the best holding glue I've used when making cheer bows.
Old 10-13-2010, 05:36

When using E6000 for cheer bows do you use dots or lines?
Sponsored Links

HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults