Free Instructions---------Free Instructions----------Free Instructions-----------Free Instructions.
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/ribbon-korker-hair-bow-clip-instructions-sm.jpg
New Instructions--How to make braided/woven headband instruction
New Instructions--How to make hair bow gift basket
Free Hair Bow Instructions-Snail
Free Hair Bow Instructions--Christmas Tree
http://hipgirlclips.com/forums/xw-instruction-images/bee/bumble%20bee%20sm.jpg

New products--grosgrain ribbon mini bows

http://hipgirlclips.com/forums/xw-instruction-images/rainbow-ribbon-dragonfly-hair-clips-free-tutorial/dragonfly-rainbow.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 10-06-2010, 12:57
Robin7786's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 1,712
Default dpi help!

how do I know the dpi of my images? and what exactly do I want it to be anyway lol
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/large/portrait-editing-ads-700.jpg
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 10-06-2010, 01:16
rsharp's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: OK
Posts: 383
Default Re: dpi help!

glad you asked this, i've been wondering too.
__________________
Robin
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 10-06-2010, 01:17
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: st.louis
Posts: 168
Default Re: dpi help!

im no realy sure how to tell if you image is at the correct dpi without opening it in like psp or photoshop but you want it to be at 300dpi.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 10-06-2010, 01:31
Robin7786's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 1,712
Default Re: dpi help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by robynlynne21 View Post
im no realy sure how to tell if you image is at the correct dpi without opening it in like psp or photoshop but you want it to be at 300dpi.
thats what i thought. i am using gimp and it tells me the resolution is 46x46 ppi - is that the same thing? should i multiply 46x46? i have looked all over google for this and its not giving me the answer i am looking for.
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 10-06-2010, 01:38
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Near WDW
Posts: 204
Default Re: dpi help!

I know in Vista you can check the dpi of an image by doing the following. I'm sure it's the same for XP, I could check but anyway.

Right click on your image>Properties>click on the Details tab> scroll down and the dpi will be listed

Let me know if you ahve any more questions, I work with photos and editing a lot since I help a friend with her photography, edit pictres and do logo design as well.
__________________
Sarah
Creativity with infinite possibilities
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 10-06-2010, 01:45
Robin7786's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 1,712
Default Re: dpi help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blessedwith3 View Post
I know in Vista you can check the dpi of an image by doing the following. I'm sure it's the same for XP, I could check but anyway.

Right click on your image>Properties>click on the Details tab> scroll down and the dpi will be listed

Let me know if you ahve any more questions, I work with photos and editing a lot since I help a friend with her photography, edit pictres and do logo design as well.
it says horizontal 46dpi and vertical 46dpi but doesnt say anything about the total....
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 10-06-2010, 02:00
TSDESIGNS
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: dpi help!

DPI is dots per inch

Basically you want 72-96 DPI for images being viewed on the web and 300 DPI is best for print.

If you find an image on google images and want to find out the DPI you can save the image and right click on the image in your folder. Go to properties then details and you should be able to find the DPI there. You do not add the DPI together the Horizontal and vertical DPI is the total, If it says Horizontal DPI 300 and Vertical DPI 300 your total DPI is 300
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 10-06-2010, 02:08
Robin7786's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 1,712
Default Re: dpi help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSDESIGNS View Post
DPI is dots per inch

Basically you want 72-96 DPI for images being viewed on the web and 300 DPI is best for print.

If you find an image on google images and want to find out the DPI you can save the image and right click on the image in your folder. Go to properties then details and you should be able to find the DPI there. You do not add the DPI together the Horizontal and vertical DPI is the total, If it says Horizontal DPI 300 and Vertical DPI 300 your total DPI is 300

oh! lol ok thanks. now what sucks is.... every single picture i find says 46x46 and that is obviously not good enough
Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 10-07-2010, 09:59
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 51
Default Re: dpi help!

also check the size... cause if it's a huge size, then the dpi will be lower... if you size it down to like 4x6 the dpi will go up... not sure of your camera, but straight out of mine the size is huge! If you've cropped it alot that will also effect your dpi... cropping too much on a low resolution picture will lower the dpi and quality. Oh, and check your camera settings... most cameras have low res and high res settings (and often a variety of in betweens)
Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 10-07-2010, 10:07
PersonalTreasures's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 63
Default Re: dpi help!

dpi= dots per inch. Basically referring tot he size of the dots.

the vertical and horizontal refer to how many dots tall or wide but doesn't specify the size of the dot.

I dabble a bit in graphics but not an expert. have to know about it for embroidery.
__________________
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


ribbon and bows and free hairbow instructions


http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/peony-ad.gif
7-8 zebra and leopard grosgrain ribbon
New product--7/8' sister ribbon
Mini Pinwheel Bows

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:14.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0
Hip Girl Boutique Instructions - Copyright © 2007

Ad Management by RedTyger