printed bottle caps fabric tape http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/categories/rhine-stone-flat-back-title-sm.jpg stripe ribbon mini bows 7/8" saddle stitch grosgrain ribbon crochet headband trim

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 10-03-2010, 01:40

Question How to make this bow?? Please Help!!

My cousin bought this bow for her daughter and asked me if I could make more like it. I snapped a few shots..bought the ribbon I needed and decided to give it a try. I am usually really good at figuring out how to do something by looking at a picture. Not this time!! I have tried & tried and hit a wall..! They are out of town now so I can't get the bow to look at for another week ..so I just have my pics which I wish were better...& I am anxious to figure this out!! Help Please! I posted some pics front and back of the bow.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0622.jpg (70.1 KB, 291 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0624.jpg (57.6 KB, 236 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0625.jpg (54.1 KB, 235 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0626.jpg (41.3 KB, 213 views)
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/jewelboxballerina-300.jpg
Old 10-03-2010, 02:11

Default Re: How to make this bow?? Please Help!!

maybe this technique with much longer front tail... msrmts adjusted for ribbon width etc.... i think this is the fold, though

http://www.girlythingsbows.com/boutique_bow.html
Old 10-06-2010, 09:05

I think mk's right, it looks like a boutique bow with loops pulled further to the top n bottom sides, with a really long tail. I think the large width of the ribbon makes the loops a bit floppier than with a typical boutique bow (BB) and left a long tail in the front. She probably used heat n bond lite to fuse the tiger/zebra ribbon to the green then tied the bow. Good luck with this bow, a bit strange with the long tail hanging, but to each their own...It's difficult to make a bow "your own" or "an original design" that's been around so long....
HTH
Old 10-22-2010, 04:00

boutique bow.. I was following the ribbon around with my eyes and thats what I got out of it,
Old 10-22-2010, 11:08

Definetely, I agree... is a boutique bow with only one tail..
Old 10-23-2010, 12:34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blkhawkfan View Post
I think mk's right, it looks like a boutique bow with loops pulled further to the top n bottom sides, with a really long tail. I think the large width of the ribbon makes the loops a bit floppier than with a typical boutique bow (BB) and left a long tail in the front. She probably used heat n bond lite to fuse the tiger/zebra ribbon to the green then tied the bow. Good luck with this bow, a bit strange with the long tail hanging, but to each their own...It's difficult to make a bow "your own" or "an original design" that's been around so long....
HTH
^^^^^ That's what I was thinking. It's different for sure......who knows could be the next trend in bows
Old 10-23-2010, 01:20

Looks like a boutique bow with really wide ribbon. It looks like they left the bottom two loops longer and the top two loops shorter instead of making all the loops even.

Wife to Rod and Momma to Tyreque, Ladaria, Raquel, Brayana, Destini, Jaleel, Makkiah, Taniyah and Cavelle along with my angel in heaven Angie and 85 foster kids who have left imprints on my heart
All Ribboned Out Remember Me Pillows to Remember your loved one whose far away
Old 11-13-2010, 01:06

How did it turn out? I played with the basic bow by making the bottom loops longer and it looked like the picture http://www.girlythingsbows.com/basic_bow.html. It looks more like a basic bow than a boutique bow to me. I may not know what I'm talking about because I'm new at this, lol.
Old 11-13-2010, 03:00

I think that it's one of these "mega-bows." Take a look. Maybe having some different bows in the same style to look at will give us a better idea of which type bow it is! HTH!

MK
Old 11-13-2010, 03:23

It looks like 2.25" ribbon with 1.5" ribbon on top. I have to agree with the above poster....it does look like the mega bow. It's just going to be an oversized bow with a long tail.
Sponsored Links