http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/lined-alligator-clips-with-teeth.jpg
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/7-8-rainbow-chevron-ribbon.jpg
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/1-25-satin-DIY-mini-bow-combo-1.jpg
new product--crochet hat

1.5' 7/8' Zebra New Colors

New products--peony new colors

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 09-28-2010, 12:23

Default bottlecap messing up!!

so first i bought the little wood circles at hl... i used e6000 to attach that then used e6000 to attach to clip... didnt work it fell off!!!!!!!!!!! then i used hot glue and it was holding then today i opened the tub of them and a few had came loose ... what on earth do you use to hold these things together????????????
Sponsored Links
Old 09-28-2010, 12:25

Default Re: bottlecap messing up!!

Maybe sand the wood a little bit. Clamp the bottlecap (wood) onto the clip and leave it alone for like 48 hrs. I havent done the bottle cap clip thing yet but I know that e6000 really has to set.
Old 09-28-2010, 01:10

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxiof2 View Post
Maybe sand the wood a little bit. Clamp the bottlecap (wood) onto the clip and leave it alone for like 48 hrs. I havent done the bottle cap clip thing yet but I know that e6000 really has to set.
maybe thats what it is.. I was only letting the E6000 set for 24 hours before messing with it.. I'll try that.. I already sanded the wood some =[
Old 09-28-2010, 01:42

I use the 1" felt sticky pads that are made to put on the bottoe of chair legs. I have never had one come off and I have even broken clippies trying to rip them off. I just use hot glue and it works perfectly!
Old 09-28-2010, 01:56

Do your caps have liners in them? Every time I've tried attaching anything (wood disks, felt pads, etc) to caps with liners, they've fallen apart.

Group Buys: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/GroupBuysGalore
Old 09-28-2010, 02:19

Quote:
Originally Posted by porkchopmama View Post
Do your caps have liners in them? Every time I've tried attaching anything (wood disks, felt pads, etc) to caps with liners, they've fallen apart.
I think so.. I bought them from hairbow center because I needed something to push me over 100.00 haha.. can you remove that?
Old 09-29-2010, 02:16

Mine have it but like I said, I have never had a problem with them coming apart.
Old 09-29-2010, 02:39

Quote:
Originally Posted by mar-leabowtique View Post
Mine have it but like I said, I have never had a problem with them coming apart.
where did you get the felt stickys? I couldnt find them when I went out today...
Old 09-29-2010, 05:00

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahretro View Post
where did you get the felt stickys? I couldnt find them when I went out today...
I buy mine from the Dollar Tree.
Old 09-30-2010, 10:20

Quote:
Originally Posted by lredden View Post
I buy mine from the Dollar Tree.
I get them at Lowes or wal-mart...I did see them at the Dollar tree the other day too.

They are in the hardware dept. at Wal-mart. You could probably get the at the grocery store too.
Sponsored Links

HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.