new products--pop dot diy pinwheel bows

http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/no-liner-bottle-cap-combo.jpg

http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/7-8-grosgrain-ribbon-soft-ball.jpg
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/7-8-dizzy-bees-ribbon-grosgrain-combo-.JPG
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/ladybug-applique-red-dot.jpg
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/half-wrapped%2050mm-snap-clips.jpg
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/flat-back-pearl-shpk.JPG

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 09-28-2010, 08:21

Default Re: Creamsicle pop

ksterling, polymer clays are all different, it can also depend on the age of the clay.

Generally if the clay is hard you just have to knead, knead, knead. You can also buy pasta makers (the rolling machines) and work the clay through those a few times to help soften them up. I usually just knead small bits at a time but the stuff I used to use for making fairies/babies was pretty soft.
Sponsored Links
300-700-forum-banners
wholesale rompers, dresses, bloomers, hat, headbands, leg warmers, flower layers, tulle, boutique clothing and other craft supplies
Old 09-28-2010, 09:35

These things are so cute! I am going to experiment!
Old 10-05-2010, 07:44

i make them without the gems and they sell fast. I actually make my clay things while working my booth and i get more people interested because they see me making them. I now have a neighbour trying to sell them too, guess ill take it as a compliment...
Old 10-05-2010, 11:18

Oh how cute, is it a mess to make I wonder.
Old 10-05-2010, 12:46

Adding this to my list of things to try as well. I think it would be fun to do a strawberry like this with sugar on it. I love thi s forum because it's really inspiring and I love all the sharing of creativity!
Old 10-05-2010, 01:31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scraporilla View Post
wow, here items are sooooo adorable. I want to know how she does it all. I'm a stalker now too.
Ok, another issue. I get how they are made now, I wasn't exactly doing it right. However, I bought some of the colored clay and it is hard as a brick. It isn't supposed to be though (according to the company website) I bought some clay softener and it isn't helping. I bought Original Sculpey and it's so soft and plyable but the Sculpey III isn't. But it looks like Original Sculpey is only available in big packs of white and terra cotta. What do I do to the Sculpey III to make it where I can work with it?
Old 10-05-2010, 04:14

Those are adorable. I want some!
Old 10-05-2010, 07:42

Hi!

Sometimes I mix original Sculpey and Sculpey III together to create a good workable texture. Other than that, you just really have to play with it a lot or warm it up by putting under a lamp or sitting on it! Honestly most of my time sculpting is mixing the clays together (I also don't use a pasta machine so it takes even longer!) I have found darker colors tend to be harder to work with, and also if the clay was stored the wrong way it can sort of dry up and fall apart, making it impossible to knead together.

Also, I'm not sure if you mentioned trying this but I prefer to use Premo by Sculpey...its a bit more expensive and has less colors to choose from, but I have had the least amount of problems with it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by daviddwilson View Post
Ok, another issue. I get how they are made now, I wasn't exactly doing it right. However, I bought some of the colored clay and it is hard as a brick. It isn't supposed to be though (according to the company website) I bought some clay softener and it isn't helping. I bought Original Sculpey and it's so soft and plyable but the Sculpey III isn't. But it looks like Original Sculpey is only available in big packs of white and terra cotta. What do I do to the Sculpey III to make it where I can work with it?
Old 10-05-2010, 08:19

If my clay was hard I used to sit on it for a while (in a zip bag).
Old 10-05-2010, 09:55

i absolutely love her stuff!!! its all adorable but i cant afford to buy any of it and i desperately want to know how to make it!!! so cute!!!

If we've done business please leave feedback!!
Thank you!

Mommy to 5 precious babies.
Sponsored Links

HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.