New products--small fold over bow card for craft show
Hipgirl 20pcs 1.75 Inch Hair Clips Barrettes--Boutique No Slip Grip Metal Babies Girls Todders Teens Women Grosgrain Ribbon Lined Single Prong Alligator Clip With Teeth, Assorted Beauty Accessories
HipGirl DIY Bulk Plain Craft Plastic Headbands--Create Individualized and Personalized Girls Women Hair Accessories (30pc 1/2" (11 mm) Inch Ivory Non - Tapered)
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/jewelboxballerina.gif
New products--hip girl clips
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/30mm-webbing-dk-pink.jpg
New products--daisy new colors

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 09-25-2010, 08:19

Default Hair bow Maintenance?

Okay, so I want to make a "warning" label I guess is how you would put it. I have had a few customers come back just asking me how to fix things and I always feel obligated to just redo it, but I loose money.
Anyway, do you have a Maintenance guide for your customers? Like don't let your child jump in the pool, play in the rain and so forth because the colors might run. Or leaving a hairbow in a very hot car, the glue might melt....

I just want to cover all fields before I write it and put it on my site.

Last edited by JenniferM; 09-29-2010 at 03:06.
Sponsored Links
Old 09-25-2010, 09:33

Default Re: Hair bow Maintenance?

I think if a bow's colors run from getting wet or glue melts from being left in a car, I would fix that for free. I would think that in general, bows should be able to get wet or be in a hot car and not get ruined. My girls swim in their clippies all the time and while I have noticed one clip rusted, other than that, they were fine. Also, I live in the South and it gets really hot here in the summer and I've never had glue melt.

Now, I wouldn't agree to fix normal wear and tear that a child inflicts on bows. I haven't had any korkers snag so I'm not sure what you mean, but if a girl is being too rough on her bows and ruining them, then you may need to explain to her mom that you're not able to remake bows for her for free.
Old 09-25-2010, 11:10

Ditto what Tess9737 said. I throw my granddaughters bows ( ones w/o embellishments) into the washer. So a good made bow should take some abuse.
Old 09-26-2010, 08:57

I have never had ribbon colors run, but I hav heard of it. I have had Korkers snag...one little girls snagged on the wood at the playground and one little girl was playing with her dog. I am the only one that has had the glue come unmelted (I lived in Guam!) and once we got in the car the bow came unattached from the clip...I think if you immidiately pull on it, it's like having hot glue melted and it comes apart...Never had a customer complain or have that happen, But I did.
I don't think I would ever put my bows in the washer. I have had the lining of clips come undone, don't know if again from living in a hot weather climate all year or if from the girl playing in the water (it was an alligator clip).
It's not like it happens frequently but I take it to heart big time anytime a customer has an issue, so to me....the 3-5 complaints in 2 years "hurt" lol.
Old 09-26-2010, 01:22

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenniferM View Post
I have never had ribbon colors run, but I hav heard of it. I have had Korkers snag...one little girls snagged on the wood at the playground and one little girl was playing with her dog. I am the only one that has had the glue come unmelted (I lived in Guam!) and once we got in the car the bow came unattached from the clip...I think if you immidiately pull on it, it's like having hot glue melted and it comes apart...Never had a customer complain or have that happen, But I did.
I don't think I would ever put my bows in the washer. I have had the lining of clips come undone, don't know if again from living in a hot weather climate all year or if from the girl playing in the water (it was an alligator clip).
It's not like it happens frequently but I take it to heart big time anytime a customer has an issue, so to me....the 3-5 complaints in 2 years "hurt" lol.
weird question but what kind of glue are u using? high temp? low temp? fabri-tac? i know mine use to come apart when was using fabri-tac an low temp glue but now that i use the high temp i have had no problems.
Sponsored Links