http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/lined-alligator-clips-with-teeth.jpg
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/7-8-rainbow-chevron-ribbon.jpg
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/1-25-satin-DIY-mini-bow-combo-1.jpg
new product--crochet hat

1.5' 7/8' Zebra New Colors

New products--peony new colors

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 09-20-2010, 11:21

Default How to apply double sided tape

I have several rolls of double sided tape. I have used some to line clips and I love the smooth finish that it leaves. But it is taking way to long to make them. There has to be an easy way to use this stuff. Is there an applicator? I am having trouble getting it lined up on the ribbon and I wold like to cut it and apply it at the same time.

HELP!

Old 09-20-2010, 11:58

Default Re: How to apply double sided tape

I double sided tape for most of my clips. I do long lengths of tape on ribbon by holding the roll between my knees and pressing the ribbon unto the tape as I unroll it. Then I smooth over the ribbon and tape together with my fingers to adhere it. Once I have several yards done I measure and cut with my woodburner. It cuts and seals it at the same time and the wood burner doesn't burn through the paper on the tape. Then I can take the lengths of ribbon with me to line clips anywhere

Wife to Rod and Momma to Tyreque, Ladaria, Raquel, Brayana, Destini, Jaleel, Makkiah, Taniyah and Cavelle along with my angel in heaven Angie and 85 foster kids who have left imprints on my heart
All Ribboned Out Remember Me Pillows to Remember your loved one whose far away
Old 09-20-2010, 12:06

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ste1977 View Post
I double sided tape for most of my clips. I do long lengths of tape on ribbon by holding the roll between my knees and pressing the ribbon unto the tape as I unroll it. Then I smooth over the ribbon and tape together with my fingers to adhere it. Once I have several yards done I measure and cut with my woodburner. It cuts and seals it at the same time and the wood burner doesn't burn through the paper on the tape. Then I can take the lengths of ribbon with me to line clips anywhere

You are genius!
Old 09-20-2010, 12:09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ste1977 View Post
That is a GREAT idea!!
Old 09-20-2010, 01:54

I do it similarly, only I cut and seal my ribbons first then apply them down the DS tape in long strips. The other night I think I had about 80 in 1 consecutive strip. Then I cut them apart and they are all ready to apply to clips.
Old 09-21-2010, 12:00

well i have found the easiest way of all! my 21 y/o daughter owed me some money, so I made her do some. She has OCD so I knew they would be done neatly. Turns out, she enjoys doing it while watching tv and was excited over receive 2 more rolls of tape in the mail today. lol. I told her there were people who may be willing to pay for this service, so......

previous posters.. why didn't i think of that???
Old 09-21-2010, 12:21

Man I am just not thinking right I guess. I just got mine too and I have been doing kind of the same thing. My question is this: how do you get such long lengths without the tape sticking to itself/something etc? I can only get a couple of clips worth before cutting. Hope my question makes sense?

Anyone have any problems with it coming off after the fact (I mean on clippies?)
Old 09-21-2010, 02:53

I would not have tried to use double sided tape. I have seen too many bows that were done with it that are coming undone. I sell some ribbon sculptures to a local shop and she has someone else doing her bows. When I look at them, I almost always see several that are coming undone with the tape that is lining the clip. Does it matter what kind of tape you use or the way you apply it?
Old 09-21-2010, 03:56

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljeljh View Post
I would not have tried to use double sided tape. I have seen too many bows that were done with it that are coming undone. I sell some ribbon sculptures to a local shop and she has someone else doing her bows. When I look at them, I almost always see several that are coming undone with the tape that is lining the clip. Does it matter what kind of tape you use or the way you apply it?
There is a difference in the tape. Some of it is much better than others. I've also found that it doesn't work as well on the shinier ribbon.

Wife to Rod and Momma to Tyreque, Ladaria, Raquel, Brayana, Destini, Jaleel, Makkiah, Taniyah and Cavelle along with my angel in heaven Angie and 85 foster kids who have left imprints on my heart
All Ribboned Out Remember Me Pillows to Remember your loved one whose far away
Old 09-21-2010, 04:33

CRAZY QUESTION here but can you use just regular double sided tape you get at walmart or is this double sided tape a special craft kind? I have wanted to get some and have never gotten around to it.. Thanks yall